Twitching

i-Ram

6 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I was firmly in the Not Twitching camp but, seeing our XI and bench against Chesterfield, I'm wavering.

I get that there were a couple of absences but we are desperately crying out for some creativity and a striker or two. The links that we've heard (Rhodes, Sharp, Godden) do not fill me with great confidence either.

Godden would be decent 😊

11 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I was firmly in the Not Twitching camp but, seeing our XI and bench against Chesterfield, I'm wavering.

I get that there were a couple of absences but we are desperately crying out for some creativity and a striker or two. The links that we've heard (Rhodes, Sharp, Godden) do not fill me with great confidence either.

I'm not twitching, well not completely, but am a bit concerned that the Jordan Rhodes 'link' is the only one in town at the moment.  I agree with JR in that Godden would be decent.

Edited by TomG

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Godden would be decent 😊

Certainly the best out of the lot but I'd prefer someone younger and a bit more dynamic.

I don't think he'd offer us anything too different than Collins and Washington, although he would be an improvement on those two.

The issue with close season is that in the absence of any actual action, fans do just generate chat about very little. It's a bit like watching a morning TV programme where they work themselves into a frenzy about some Z-lister's Instagram pictures of their wedding or something. 

I've lost count of how many times the age of the players Warne has signed has been discussed. 

No one really believes Chris Martin will sign and even if he did no one thinks he'd be anything other than bit-part.

Everyone expects we will play with wing backs. No one knows who will play where within that system and tbh I'd expect/hope it very much depends who plays well as the season progresses.

Jordan Rhodes may/may not come. If he's great he will play more, if he isn't he will get a few minutes as sub.

Ideally we want more striking options but we may not get as much as we want (t'was ever the way). 

That's basically it. 

Really want the season to start so we can discuss something bloody concrete!!

Edited by Chester40

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The issue with close season is that in the absence of any actual action, fans do just generate chat about very little. It's a bit like watching a morning TV programme where they work themselves into a frenzy about some Z-lister's Instagram pictures of their wedding or something. 

I've lost count of how many times the age of the players Warne has signed has been discussed. 

No one really believes Chris Martin will sign and even if he did no one thinks he'd be anything other than bit-part.

Everyone expects we will play with wing backs. No one knows who will play where within that system and tbh I'd expect/hope it very much depends who plays well as the season progresses.

Jordan Rhodes may/may not come. If he's great he will play more, if he isn't he will get a few minutes as sub.

Ideally we want more striking options but we may not get as much as we want (t'was ever the way). 

That's basically it. 

👏

...and everyone is hoping that we sign the next Kevin Hector for 10p and a bag of balls! 😄 Oh and DCFC admin announce it with a really groovy series of tweets! 

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

That's basically it. 

Same as the OTT reaction to the stupid Twitter posts about Warne "leaving" last week, some people are so used to their being a crisis of some sort that people are literally making something up and others are winding themselves up into a frenzy about the "state of this club" in believing and reacting to it! 😂

Edited by Carnero