Twitching

i-Ram

21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Paul Warne at 30 seconds when yet another player forgets that he has no pulling power.

I would run through (into) brick walls for Paul Warne 

Edited by Nuwtfly

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I would run through brick walls for Paul Warne 

He is annoyingly likeable. I do get the impression that I would be exhausted after about 15 minutes of being around him, but you can see how much he cares about the people he has within the club so how could you not want to play for him?

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He is annoyingly likeable. I do get the impression that I would be exhausted after about 15 minutes of being around him, but you can see how much he cares about the people he has within the club so how could you not want to play for him?

Have you seen the short clip of Kane arriving in Spain? Warne rocks up, shirtless, hits him with the Ric Flair woo, gives him a hug and then thanks Kane for trusting 'us' with his career.

What an absolute guy. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Have you seen the short clip of Kane arriving in Spain? Warne rocks up, shirtless, hits him with the Ric Flair woo, gives him a hug and then thanks Kane for trusting 'us' with his career.

What an absolute guy. 

Yep, it’s about 4 posts up!

In the clip yesterday of Warne telling the squad about Wilson he says how he tried to sign him last year. Pretty sure he said the same about Sonny Bradley too.

You can’t underestimate the impact a bigger club with a bigger fan base and better facilities have on a decision. Players turned down Warne at Rotherham, but are more than willing to come to Derby to play for him. And to think some people thought that a non-league player decided against joining us because he didn’t want to play for Warne.

21 hours ago, Srg said:

What an absolute guy. 

Warne was also happy when Tony Springett “Rocked Up”. We have now lost Knight , + our 25 goal striker , and our £10 mill Beast. I am sorry but I don’t think we have a better squad than last season -Yet.

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne was also happy when Tony Springett “Rocked Up”. We have now lost Knight , + our 25 goal striker , and our £10 mill Beast. I am sorry but I don’t think we have a better squad than last season -Yet.

Better individuals? Maybe not.

More rounded as a team? Even at this early stage, yes. Actually having wingbacks instead of converted midfielders for a start.

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Better individuals? Maybe not.

More rounded as a team? Even at this early stage, yes. Actually having wingbacks instead of converted midfielders for a start.

So you would be happy to go into next season with what we have . That’s fine , but let’s have no moaning or booing 10 games in.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

He really didn't say that, did he?

He said “A more rounded Squad”. Does that mean more points? I don’t know . I would be concerned if we had a few injuries as it stands. But once the season starts we must  all back the team whatever.

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So you would be happy to go into next season with what we have . That’s fine , but let’s have no moaning or booing 10 games in.

I think Paul Warne, most fans, and probably the squad recognise the need for another 3 or 4 (open to debate now Knight has gone) additions before the window closes- and I am guessing all of those will be attacking players. But with 4ish weeks until the first league game, and 8ish weeks until the window closes, and with no loan signings as of yet- I think we’re in a good place so far. Time will tell.

21 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Do you seriously think there'll be no further additions to the squad or is it just another opportunity to have a dig at Warne?

52 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Knight - last season he was 6-7/10 in most games. He really wasn't all that good when you actually watch him. I'm not knocking the guy but let's not get carried away. And anyway, we need the money and his contract situation so tough, we had no choice but to sell.

McG - he's 37... he was class but could break down any time.  He wasn't a 25+ a season guy when we signed him - this was his best season ever and the team have to have some of the credit for giving him the ammo to score.... And anyway, no choice but to let go.

£10m beast - utterly, utterly useless when a) constantly injured and b) too expensive to actually play for us. No choice again.

I think the squad is massively improved by Sonny Bradley alone. I have massive respect for Davies but for me, he was done for 2 seasons ago. We need a striker, I'll agree with that but I think the signings are spot on - almost all Championship players at a decent age.

12 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

He said “A more rounded Squad”. Does that mean more points? I don’t know . I would be concerned if we had a few injuries as it stands. But once the season starts we must  all back the team whatever.

Which as it stands, it actually is. And last I checked, the season isn't for nearly a month, and Warne has said 4-5 signings still and Wilson signed since. So chill your jets, and don't interpret people's words to suit whatever your pre-determined position is.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not even close to what I said. I'm happy with the business done so far. It's still early, there's a little under a month to the first game.  I'm sure the club has its targets - Warne himself said he's looking for a Knight replacement, plus another striker/attacking mid at least.

However, I wouldn't be too upset starting the season with what we have right now. The window is still open until 11pm September 1.

I'm not sure what Warne has/hasn't done to earn at least a little bit of trust from you, but it seems like you've already made your mind up that he's not the one for you. 

29 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

You'd be concerned if we had injuries now, I was almost suicidal at the thoughts of injuries last season. No real back up at keeper, no RB to start with, no real back up at LB, left footed Fozzy having to play RCB relying on players closer to 40 than 30 at CB cover. God help us if Didzy had got injured.

With exception of the main striker, we are in a better place throughout the squad. With money coming in for Knight and Bielik, the main striker issue should be sorted.