Twitching

i-Ram

40 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Exactly this, PW keeps meeting players but nothing much is materialising. PW got away with a poor Jan because people made the excuse that Jan is hard to recruit. No excuses for now though. 

U missed the bit about being under an embargo and unable to pay transfer or agents fees 

But sorry i interrupted .. as u were 

Am I the only one who doesn’t really see a difference between the interviews?  Last week he said it’s easy to get players to come to Derby but the hard bit is getting the right ones - quality with the right mentality to play in front of 30k.  I might be being a bit stupid but I’d have thought a lot of clubs would be after those players too.  Today he said pretty much the same but added we’re competing with other clubs.  What’s changed, just that he’s been open about it?  In fact, I’d be disappointed if we’re not having to compete with other clubs as it would mean we’re after the ones no-one else wants.

Every player we’ve been linked with - be it a real link or not - has us and at least 3 or 4 other clubs after him.  And he’s also probably playing his cards close to his chest.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Not got that excuse now though so expecting to see some decent attackers joining.

Correct that excuse isnt there now 

but it was worth noting as people seem to forget/deliberately ignore to suit their anti warne narrative 

so lets see what happens and regardless of the name and whats they have or havent done previously lets give them more than 5 minutes in a derby shirt before we judge them and throw hissy fits cos theyre not household names like nick blackman lol

Edit: tbf if warne did re sign nick blackman u would see the greatest hissy fit ever coming out of nottingham lol

Edited by NottsRam77

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Correct that excuse isnt there now 

but it was worth noting as people seem to forget/deliberately ignore to suit their anti warne narrative 

so lets see what happens and regardless of the name and whats they have or havent done previously lets give them more than 5 minutes in a derby shirt before we judge them and throw hissy fits cos theyre not household names like nick blackman lol

Edit: tbf if warne did re sign nick blackman u would see the greatest hissy fit ever coming out of nottingham lol

I’m ironically not anti Warne but I fully expect top 6 this season and with restrictions lifted I don’t expect us to be signing the equivalent of Tony Springett. 

I agree that PW has until the window closes to be judged but we also need a competitive team for the month were the window is still open. 

I’ve not lost faith as such, but listening to his interview I’m surprised we aren’t closer to bringing players in.

14 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t really see a difference between the interviews?  Last week he said it’s easy to get players to come to Derby but the hard bit is getting the right ones - quality with the right mentality to play in front of 30k.  I might be being a bit stupid but I’d have thought a lot of clubs would be after those players too.  Today he said pretty much the same but added we’re competing with other clubs.  What’s changed, just that he’s been open about it?  In fact, I’d be disappointed if we’re not having to compete with other clubs as it would mean we’re after the ones no-one else wants.

Every player we’ve been linked with - be it a real link or not - has us and at least 3 or 4 other clubs after him.  And he’s also probably playing his cards close to his chest.

The only thing that's really changed for me is that he's now openly talking about going into the season with just 3 forwards, rather than 4.

Presuming 1 of those is Collins, and I don't think he's as bad as some make out (but still...), then just 2 additions having already lost McGoldrick does lead to the tiniest of twitches.

Hopefully Dajaune Brown has impressed so much in training, that he's become the 4th forward in Warne's mind and the eye flickering can stop...

42 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Exactly this.

He said signing a left back for example is easy against other clubs in this league because of their reluctance to blow their budget on a left back. 

Clubs in this league haven't got a big budget but they are more prepared to spend a big chunk of it on a striker because that's the most important area of the team.

So instantly you're competing with other clubs who are willing to offer just as much as we are. 

I'd still fancy our chances of signing a striker over anyone in this league. If we want them and are seriously in for them then I'd be very confident they would choose us. 

38 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I’m ironically not anti Warne but I fully expect top 6 this season and with restrictions lifted I don’t expect us to be signing the equivalent of Tony Springett. 

I agree that PW has until the window closes to be judged but we also need a competitive team for the month were the window is still open. 

I’ve not lost faith as such, but listening to his interview I’m surprised we aren’t closer to bringing players in.

I wasnt reffering to yourself lol😊…just  in general as a fanbase

i agree id be certainly disappointed of we say resigned a TS .. but that said its a squad game and over a season we’re going to need a squad of players some of which will be the ones that know they are their to learn and supplement the first 11 when needed. Jim smiths promotion winning side had a quality first 11 and a made of steal spine but it also had the likes of sean flynn, paul trollope and matt carbon who i can guarentee the last pound in your pocket that if around today would have been deemed pointless but when they had to step up they were every bit as important as the likes of stimac and co 

Edited by NottsRam77

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Could it be… that Paul Warne can’t attract players?

Wonder who told you all that and got laughed at… 

Weird cos all four that have signed so far have all said the exact opposite.

Ridiculous statement. 

He'll attract players as he has done so far.

Window doesn't shut till the end of August.

56 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

On that basis you don't rate the 4 he has brought in then who presumably we weren't competing with any other clubs for?

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Weird cos all four that have signed so far have all said the exact opposite.

Ridiculous statement. 

He'll attract players as he has done so far.

Window doesn't shut till the end of August.

I think it's interesting when there's competition for a player, because that competition will probably be from a team on the same level or the league above.

We're no longer throwing money around and atm it seems we are shopping in the same 'supermarket' as the rest of this league and above. So Warne does have things to prove I think.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Could it be… that Paul Warne can’t attract players?

Wonder who told you all that and got laughed at… 

Yes selling derby county football club with the ball and chain that is paul warne must be near impossible lol

u just going ignore all thats been said and stick to ur anti warn agenda 

Wow .. just wow 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think it's interesting when there's competition for a player, because that competition will probably be from a team on the same level or the league above.

We're no longer throwing money around and atm it seems we are shopping in the same 'supermarket' as the rest of this league and above. So Warne does have things to prove I think.

He does. But every single one of the players we have signed so far. Would have had other interest. Possibly from the championship. But definitely this league.

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Warne literally says it picks up in 2/3 weeks when teams realise what they need which makes other players come available… I’ll start to panic in last week of august 

Yer but lets ignore that fact from a guy whos in football and has done this thing before and bash the f*** out him instead 

u know what i thought our fanbase we’re better than this or certainly had been humbled a little bit after what weve been through, clearly not in some quarters 

Not aimed at u @Topram

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He does. But every single one of the players we have signed so far. Would have had other interest. Possibly from the championship. But definitely this league.

And it seems like they are decent signings. But the equivalent in striker stakes appears to be Washington...

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And it seems like they are decent signings. But the equivalent in striker stakes appears to be Washington...

Agreed. But their manager has said we haven't approached them and I would tend to believe the Rotherham manager over some reporter who has linked him with us as he has other players that we've never been in for.

It's the same for everyone. We will have striker targets that might not be available yet. 

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Our ability to pull players has nothing to do with paul warne.

forest struggled to sign the right players for several seasons to get out of this league

i listened to several of their monday moan ins basking in their failure to be able to attract the players they wanted and listening to their fans crying their eyes out over it.

as birtles pointed out it was Simply because any player worth their salt will want to play in the champ and a crack at the promised land 

And theyre the two time champions of europe dont u know 🙄

Edited by NottsRam77