Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Well that’s two strikers we now have who don’t score goals.

Give it a rest Collins has had three seasons of 15+ . With Washington doing all the work Collins can stay in the box. Washington is a hold up player. I’d expect knight is sold and we use that money on a pacey striker 

I’ll support him, but good god he is not a good striker. 
Works hard and puts himself about, but technically gifted or a goal scorer he is not. 

Hardly an inspiring signing to replace McGoldrick is he? Hope we have somebody else lined up as well 

Ironically, I can already see him being a fan favourite because of his work rate. Last time he was at this level, he was at least in the conversation for his side’s POTY award. 

He won’t blow us away with his quality, obviously, but I think he will prove to at least be a player we like. Warne obviously trusts him enough. 

1 minute ago, BPV said:

I’ll support him, but good god he is not a good striker. 
Works hard and puts himself about, but technically gifted or a goal scorer he is not. 

Hardly an inspiring signing to replace McGoldrick is he? Hope we have somebody else lined up as well 

How often have you actually seen him play?

He speaks very well in his interview with the club. When asked what fans can expect he said “pace, power, running in behind is one of my favourite things to do”. Also acknowledged that he needs to score more goals, so he has that awareness, and wants to work on making sure he does. Spoke about the importance of the right system to help with that as well as his own efforts. Also said he’s fit and ready to go so must be over his injury/surgery.

Experience of promotion, international player, hard working and knows the staff so will hopefully settle in quickly. Might not be the glamour signing some want but I think he’ll earn a fair bit of support in time. 

Also…the Rotherham manager is a bloody liar isn’t he?!