Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

While I’m pleased with the business done so far I would like it if any further permanent additions are in the early to mid 20s age bracket for some longevity and potential resale value. 

I think it has to be, with how Clowes was talking about how money was spent previously then it makes sense any outlay is going to come with an anticipation of a return. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think it has to be, with how Clowes was talking about how money was spent previously then it makes sense any outlay is going to come with an anticipation of a return. 

I think as long as any fees are spent on younger players there isn’t a problem with signing experience/quality that is a little older for no fees. 

Id be worried if we went down the Jason Shackell, David Nugent route of not insignificant transfer fees on lads in their 30s but if they’re free and (seemingly all on) 2 year deals. I think we’re safeguarding ourselves financially. 

Really like that interview. Just feel a bit more intensity to these new lads 

Definitely coming having been sold on the club, the facilties and with the understanding that you work hard and you will be part of something big this season.

If we were down at halftime were the likes of Bird, Sibley galvanising the troops? Even Davies, Forsyth had had a chastening few years, so these new players with relative recent success but who can see we are a bigger club than those they have been at, should be exactly what we need.

Been a tough few years for us fans and a vocal, confident manager with a bunch of hard nosed, hard working, fit players who give everything and don't allow us to be bulied as we were at times last season is what I'm really looking forward to. A team that doesn't meekly accept defeat away from home and turns up some games at home and plays amazing football but won't put the opposition to the sword.

3 hours ago, norwichram said:

So based on the feedback on how he plays I’m hoping that CW is going to have a similar role as Paul Goddard did.
I don’t remember a big fan fare when he arrived but what a player for us he was and how superb he was for Dean Saunders .. question is if Conor can have a similar impact, allbeit at a lesser level, who will be our Deano? 

Comparing Paul Goddard with Conor Washington is like comparing a Ferrari with a Skoda. 

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Comparing Paul Goddard with Conor Washington is like comparing a Ferrari with a Skoda. 

There is some saying about lies and statistics blah blah but that's  ridiculous- because opinion is yesterday's fish n chip paper whilst statistics are facts and irrefutable.

Did you know Paul Goddard played once for England and scored? 

He was a 1 in 1 striker at the highest level and had the lowest goal per minute record of any England player.

Washington is 1 in 3 at League 1. Pathetic. 

Edited by Chester40

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

There is some saying about lies and statistics blah blah but that's  ridiculous- because opinion is yesterday's fish n chip paper whilst statistics are facts and irrefutable.

Did you know Paul Goddard played once for England and scored? 

He was a 1 in 1 striker at the highest level and had the lowest goal per minute record of any England player.

Washington is 1 in 3 at League 1. Pathetic. 

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? I am genuinely confused 😂

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Not even close to being the same type of player @norwichram 😂😂😂

washington sounds like a bit of david speedie, will buzz around the oppostions defenders harrying and harassing them into mistakes

paul goddard was more of a sheringham. Get hold of the ball, delightful elegant touch, clever little round the corner balls, 

in terms of playing style you would be well

pressed to find two more different types of players 

(Just saying out loud, not aimed at u @i-Ram

Edited by NottsRam77

Just now, ossieram said:

But people keep mentioning a 20+goals per season player, nobody would have called him that before last season. 

I was talking about 'Didzy magic', the sort of player that it's worth paying to see play.

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

washington sounds like a bit of david speedie, will buzz around the oppostions defenders harrying and harassing them into mistakes

paul goddard was more of a sheringham. Get hold of the ball, delightful elegant touch, clever little round the corner balls, 

I thought for £440,000 he was one of the best value players we have ever signed …clever, strong for his size and could score a variety of goals 

2 immediately spring to mind the lob/chip against Everton and the combination between him and Saunders was electric so the second goal I loved was when Deano rolled his defender on the half way line out wide away to Man U and then clipped it in far post for Sarge to head in 

they were an awesome partnership and no disrespects here to Connor Washington he is not in that class but hope he does well obviously…he’s wearing the Derby County shirt now so he has my 100 per cent support 👍🏻

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I was talking about 'Didzy magic', the sort of player that it's worth paying to see play.

As much as we love flair and all that, I personally just want to win games. Especially in this league. I tend to believe that winning breeds confidence in play too, which improves things. 

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I thought for £440,000 he was one of the best value players we have ever signed …clever, strong for his size and could score a variety of goals 

2 immediately spring to mind the lob/chip against Everton and the combination between him and Saunders was electric so the second goal I loved was when Deano rolled his defender on the half way line out wide away to Man U and then clipped it in far post for Sarge to head in 

they were an awesome partnership and no disrespects here to Connor Washington he is not in that class but hope he does well obviously…he’s wearing the Derby County shirt now so he has my 100 per cent support 👍🏻

Took the words out of my mouth mate

that lop / chip against everton was pure pure class.

and the one where deano rolled bruce and then left him for dead at old Trafford then put away by goddard literally summed up their quite literally beautiful partnership 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

As much as we love flair and all that, I personally just want to win games. Especially in this league. I tend to believe that winning breeds confidence in play too, which improves things. 

I agree of course, I'd hoped we got out last season. Can you imagine how grim last season would have been without Didzy, just been greedy and want some flair and intelligent play - although I'm sure Birdy will deal out some good play.

41 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Behave yourself!!😂 I never said the same player!! India’s similar impact ie he’d be a good foil in a two where he’d not be the main goal scorer but would contribute. 

we’re in L1 and he’s on a free - they are not going to be the same player. 

A few were hanging him by his gol record and I was merely pointing out that potentially his impact in the team  might not be too goal scorer. 

perhaps mentioning God - dard might have been me getting excited after two signings. I’m cool with that 😎