Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we could ‘put’ Collins in better positions, we’d be alright.

It’s his inability to put himself there that’s the issue.

I’ve never seen a centre forward hide so much.

Hopefully, the coaching team will help him.

Was that because we weren't playing to his strengths though and he just knew an overhit cross was about to come in. Watching his goals from Luton are lot of his goals are quick balls into feet one touch finishes, I think we'll see a lot more goals from him this season.

https://youtu.be/X7OR7Kklbao

55 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not sure why everyone thinks Washington has been signed to solve our goal problems. 

He’s said in his interview his role is to get behind and stretch defenses, he even admits goal scoring is something he is working on. 

if he can see it, I’m sure Warne is going to be well aware is not going to be our 20 goal striker. Given we’ve spent nothing on fees so far, and will likely get a decent amount in for Knight, I’m pretty certain PW has a goal scoring striker in mind who will likely cost a decent fee. 

Judging from ex Warne players  these three come to mind 

Jonson Clarke Harris ( can’t see it unless we bid £2m + ) 

Freddie Ladapo ( maybe with knight money ) 

George Hirst ( was on loan )  was on loan at Ipswich last year don’t know how he did 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm trying to work out the current first team squad size. How many bodies do we have?... I can count 19 including the lad from the U21s 

3 keepers, 17 outfield players ignoring the u21s.

Probably need 3 more additions now, unless there are departures - R/L WB, AM, CF.

image.png.25ef43075fac1d99c8455a26a8df15c8.pngcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/16888062047221961489203.jpg

Edited by Carnero

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Probably need 3 more additions now, unless there are departures - R/L WB, AM, CF.

image.png.25ef43075fac1d99c8455a26a8df15c8.pngcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/16888062047221961489203.jpg

That chart isn’t much help if you’re colourblind… 26-29 and <21 are identical for me!

Washington has a decent enough record at this level. Nice to see assists in addition to goals. 

Pretty versatile, which may have hindered his career.

He knows what he does well, and more importantly I imagine Warne does too, and if he gets what he wants from him then I imagine he'll have a good season here.

11 minutes ago, Kinder said:

That chart isn’t much help if you’re colourblind… 26-29 and <21 are identical for me!

Appreciate this is akin to “for the benefit of black and white tv users, spurs are wearing yellow” but the colours you can’t distinguish are distinctly yellow vs green. It’s probably a default excel/chrome colouring, so take it up with Microsoft/google. 🤣

Edited by trekkie_ram

27 minutes ago, Carnero said:

This is a bit naff because it doesn’t outline position flexibility. Forsyth or Sibley for LWB, Washington for AM, Rooney for RWB etc. it’s far too rigid. 

Read loads of comments about Washington from fans of other clubs and Derby fans that have never seen him play,  but I've decided to judge him for myself when he plays for us.

I just hope that PW has more knowledge and can pick a player better than John the van driver,  Bob the Plasterer and James from accounts. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

This is a bit naff because it doesn’t outline position flexibility. Forsyth or Sibley for LWB, Washington for AM, Rooney for RWB etc. it’s far too rigid. 

Yes, but it does show the the first team squad numbers which is what @The Scarlet Pimpernel wanted to know 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Carnero

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Was that because we weren't playing to his strengths though and he just knew an overhit cross was about to come in. Watching his goals from Luton are lot of his goals are quick balls into feet one touch finishes, I think we'll see a lot more goals from him this season.

https://youtu.be/X7OR7Kklbao

He had to do all the hard work as the rest for drift with others doing the work I could see him getting 15-20 goals ( 5-10 pens) 

I think we will see two more permanent players come in, three if Knight leaves: CM, AM, CF. These will all be be for fees and hopefully we get these three right to play a key role in our side next season. 

The rest I think can be propped up by the loan market - CB, WB, AM.. maybe a fourth ST? 

If we can get those three signings right, along with adding the depth in the loan market, we will be in a very good position. 

24 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

He had to do all the hard work as the rest for drift with others doing the work I could see him getting 15-20 goals ( 5-10 pens) 

Absolutely no chance. Given the standard of officiating  we'll be lucky to get more than 2 penalties over the season.

12 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

For context before Mcgolderick’s 22 last season , he only had 5 seasons of double figures out of about 15-16 seasons 134 goals .

Washington has 161 goals in less seasons. I fully expect him to outweigh his expectations.

You expect him to outweigh expectations? I am trying to get my head around that. 

20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think we will see two more permanent players come in, three if Knight leaves: CM, AM, CF. These will all be be for fees and hopefully we get these three right to play a key role in our side next season. 

The rest I think can be propped up by the loan market - CB, WB, AM.. maybe a fourth ST? 

If we can get those three signings right, along with adding the depth in the loan market, we will be in a very good position. 

While I’m pleased with the business done so far I would like it if any further permanent additions are in the early to mid 20s age bracket for some longevity and potential resale value.