Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He speaks very well in his interview with the club. When asked what fans can expect he said “pace, power, running in behind is one of my favourite things to do”. Also acknowledged that he needs to score more goals, so he has that awareness, and wants to work on making sure he does. Spoke about the importance of the right system to help with that as well as his own efforts. Also said he’s fit and ready to go so must be over his injury/surgery.

Experience of promotion, international player, hard working and knows the staff so will hopefully settle in quickly. Might not be the glamour signing some want but I think he’ll earn a fair bit of support in time. 

Also…the Rotherham manager is a bloody liar isn’t he?! 

Sounds a bit like Johnny Russell...?

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Think this is a shrewd signing, different to Collins as he runs about a lot where as Collins is more of a poacher. Think Washington would complement the wingers and fullbacks a lot with his running down the channels. Give me a proper fox in the box and some creative number 10s and next season looks promising 

Pace and power id imagine if knight goes he’ll go all out for Ladapo what do you reckon ?

Hilarious that we had to wait to announce someone else before we could say we'd signed Washington, or else the fallout would have been too bad. Let's hope he's a lot better than his stats suggest, and that's not an impossible hope.

We know, and Warne and Clowes will know, that the team needs much more goals to make up for McGoldrick's departure.

But in the meanwhile, welcome to Derby, Conor. I hope you prove a shrewd signing.

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

As long as he's not the only one this is fine. Ideally we want another 2 through the door which will help share the goals around. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

As long as he's not the only one this is fine. Ideally we want another 2 through the door which will help share the goals around. 

One of Ladapo , Smith , Hogan + loan u23 would be good 

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

One of Ladapo , Smith , Hogan + loan u23 would be good 

We need a permanent of a decent age now. Smith or Nombe probably the most obvious options, but could be someone we haven’t heard yet. 

Then try and get some flair in on loan, as that’s the type of player which costs a bit more than we likely have. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

We need a permanent of a decent age now. Smith or Nombe probably the most obvious options, but could be someone we haven’t heard yet. 

Then try and get some flair in on loan, as that’s the type of player which costs a bit more than we likely have. 

Probably be the last signing of the window after knight goes I reckon a WB  on loan , CAM/FW on loan then sign a CF plus maybe CM on loan If knight goes 

Just now, Ram1988 said:

Versatile foward who will add much needed fire power up top. Interesting to see what the 'undisclosed' agreement is.

We pay something if we go up. Don’t know how much. Dom Dietrich confirmed it.