Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

18 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can you? He played a lot last season didn't he and that's when he was number 2.  I think his roles apparent based on that-less than before.  However, I wait to amazed as he's crowned League 1 player of the year and gets that move to Madrid in a Rocky v Apollo Creed sporting super story .

In other words, you can't. There are so many holes and presumptions in your various theories about this and the Knight deal that you have presented as fact when you've got no more idea than anyone else. So I guess everyone else's are just as valid as yours. Trying to sneer your way out of it doesn't really help.

I thought we should have held onto knight unless 3 million was offered and take the gamble on promotion this season. But, given Kane Wilson's arrival I can see why the club have moved the way they have. This is the sensible move in the end. Knight is a great utility player but apart from brief spells didn't light up the pitch. I still think a period higher up the pitch would have seen his movement and work rate go really nicely in a warne side but we'll never know. 

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

there’s a lot to be gleaned from the ratings. One observation tho is that some posters rank players by how they play relative to expectations. So if Knight does his usual thing, he’s a 6. That undervalues his contribution because his usual thing is better than the next man’s usual thing. A similar  example is Wildsmith who - particularly early in the season - was delivering flawless performances. But for that he was mostly getting 7.5, 8 at best. Because it was what we had begun to expect 

Absolutely correct Sir. In that sense, they are a flawed indicator of how well a player played; when Knight played right-back at the early part of the season, his average rating was little above a 6 because although he did a sound job for the team, his impact was reduced compared to what fans’ expectations were of his impact following his midfield performance.

The general amount of variation per player among fans’ ratings is quite large which shows how expectation and inherent bias work; they are not a “pure” value of a player’s impact. 

On 09/07/2023 at 21:33, Ambitious said:

@Ellafella out of interest, do you have the averaged player ratings for the past 2-3 seasons? 

It would be interesting to see where Knight comes out.  WhoScored have him 6th in our team last season, 12th 21/22, 11th 20/21, 22nd in 19/20. 

I don’t have ratings for those 3 seasons no. Last season he was our 4th highest rated player which in my own personal view deflated his worth to the team; in part that was due to him playing right back for the first 6 or so games. 

9 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

In other words, you can't. There are so many holes and presumptions in your various theories about this and the Knight deal that you have presented as fact when you've got no more idea than anyone else. So I guess everyone else's are just as valid as yours. Trying to sneer your way out of it doesn't really help.

I'm happy for everyone to have an opinion, it's you that's fronting up your tripe.

How many games did he play.  Now we've got two first choice goalies how many will he play.

LOVE AND HUGS

Cyril

image.png.11ddb76f90ca1e5ef02d8c9e18ad7ec8.png

There’s an interview with Warne on the official site discussing Knight leaving and Wilson joining, looks like it was part of the interview that aired yesterday. He’s very respectful of Knight, discusses the fact the price of the transfer has to have been acceptable for the club, then discusses how Ward and Wilson can cover both sides at wing back and Forsyth can play there if needed (but probably not how Warne wants….the running?) meaning we’ll probably have the 3 wing backs in the squad so no other addition there;

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/rams-in-spain-warne-discusses-wilson-signing-and-knight-departure

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added interview info

31 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s an interview with Warne on the official site discussing Knight leaving and Wilson joining, looks like it was part of the interview that aired yesterday. He’s very respectful of Knight, discusses the fact the price of the transfer has to have been acceptable for the club, then discusses how Ward and Wilson can cover both sides at wing back and Forsyth can play there if needed (but probably not how Warne wants….the running?) meaning we’ll probably have the 3 wing backs in the squad so no other addition there;

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/rams-in-spain-warne-discusses-wilson-signing-and-knight-departure

Bad luck, Jason, should have done much better. So should Derby really, but hey ho. 

Sad to see Knighty leave, a real pro in all aspects from what I've seen. Shown great respect for the badge on as well as off the pitch. It really feels like we were unable to bring the best out of a great talent. Hope to see him back when we sorted our situation a bit. Thanks for all the memories Jason!

Edited by InstaRam