Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

Best move for all parties.

Knighty gets a championship move. He has his guaranteed international football. 

We get a nice fee for a player which lets face it, doesn't look great in this league and he'll thrive in a better division. As much as pains me to say, I don't think we'll miss him too much whilst we're stuck in League One.

We've dragged this out for a few weeks in the hope of an auction that didn't materialize. In a way it's a surprise no one higher up the food chain has taken a punt on Knighty, but his finishing last season was woeful, as well as not dominating League One midfields. We need money for a striker and we need to shake things up, so I don't mind the deal. 

All the very best to the lad. Look forward to watching his progress. But I think Sibley and Bird both have higher ceilings due to their skill levels.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

We've dragged this out for a few weeks in the hope of an auction that didn't materialize. In a way it's a surprise no one higher up the food chain has taken a punt on Knighty, but his finishing last season was woeful, as well as not dominating League One midfields. We need money for a striker and we need to shake things up, so I don't mind the deal. 

All the very best to the lad. Look forward to watching his progress. But I think Sibley and Bird both have higher ceilings due to their skill levels.

I like Sibley but he will need to show something more this year in the 10 role he'll possibly get to see more off.  It's up to him if he gets a run in his favoured position to put himself in the window and avoid the could have had it but not quite scenario. Personally, I'd take Knight over Bird every day of the week. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I like Sibley but he will need to show something more this year in the 10 role he'll possibly get to see more off.  It's up to him if he gets a run in his favoured position to put himself in the window and avoid the could have had it but not quite scenario. 

Ten goals plus should be the target this year. 

It was always on the cards

Some random stat thing at the beginning of last season had him as most valuable player in L1 

journo pseudo science most probably. I loath those sort of things. They say nothing about about the spirit of player. 

Very sad. What a gutsy player who could run and fight for every unforgiving minute of a game. I won’t forget that lovely goal where he switched feet on the edge of the 6 yard box and the sheer energy and B mindedness in one of the Rooney games making a 40 yard run and tackle in the 90 something minute drawing power from god knows where for the love of his club.

Knight Knight Knight

Good luck. Hope to be giving you a visitors rousing welcome back very soon 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Goodbye Jason, hopefully just for now. If Warne is still with us in 2-3 years time no doubt he'll go back in for Jason

If we've negotiated a sell-on clause for young Jason (and we should have, given our input into his development) and we buy him back, do we have to pay ourselves a percentage of the fee? Confused Confusion GIF

A shame but pretty much inevitable ☹️ Always looked like it meant a lot to him to pull on the Rams shirt. A good lad who always gave his all for us. He gave us an extra year to see if we could bounce back but he's at a key stage of his career and a move is understandable. Good luck Jason and all the very best for the future, wherever you end up. I'm sure many of us will be following your career with interest.