Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

Sad day. Wish he could have stayed and gone up there with us but nothing is guaranteed and think the extra year he gave us was probably to the detriment of his development. But totally admire his loyalty,commitment and attitude. 
Feel disappointed for him that it wasnt a bigger move but hope he flourishes and makes the next step up soon.
Wishing nothing but the best to him. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sad day. Wish he could have stayed and gone up there with us but nothing is guaranteed and think the extra year he gave us was probably to the detriment of his development. But totally admire his loyalty,commitment and attitude. 
Feel disappointed for him that it wasnt a bigger move but hope he flourishes and makes the next step up soon.
Wishing nothing but the best to him. 

Perfectly put!

Honestly... that Bristol City shirt looks absolutely disgusting on him I can't lie. I haven't watched the "farewell" video either because losing players like Knight to Bristol on 4 year deals because its a more attractive option is just a horrendous state of affairs and where we are currently at as a club. 

The money we got was decent but Bristol City? Nigel F'in Pearson? 

There's nothing good to see here. Pile of s**t

Edited by SK47

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always that question.  What's your aim here.  One day someone will say 'I've come for the money to be honest' or ' We'll I've done a lot of running for 22 and I fancy an easy life for a bit piddling round in mid table with no expectation'

It hadn't occurred to me how generic the interview questions are from club to club. On the evidence of that interview they must have paid a little extra for Owen Bradley's "Welcome to Derby" interview script!

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He’s signed for the team that paid what we wanted and presumably paid him what he wanted. No other (suitable) bids were ever tabled. It’s not like he could pick where he wanted to go.

For Knight, perhaps he would’ve been better waiting until the end of his deal and possibly having more options, maybe abroad. I think the teams who would’ve been willing to sign him for a tribunal fee came to the table this summer - only one of which made an offer. You have to assume that his wages aren’t going to be cheap which thins the pool of Championship clubs willing to come to the table too. 

It’s really a move that genuinely suits all parties. Knight gets a move back to a championship club where he should get a decent amount of games. It’s not a team with aspirations of promotion, but of course, none of those teams were even an option for him. 

It was said in jest.  Although I suspect it happens in truth.  We've had a few probably

10 hours ago, JJH said:

Hope he does well for us, very happy with the signing.

I’ll come back on here at some point in the season and let you know how he’s getting on, if anybody cares.

Best of luck for the season chaps, get yourselves out of that s****** of a league.

Please do, A young man that gave his heart and soul to the club, Played out of position went against him imo, You have acquired a genuine player who has the potential for greater things...Get Em Episode 7 GIF by UFC 

Good luck to him, can't get upset about it, being in the championship will help his Ireland career and I don't feel like we've given him away for peanuts, we've got about as good as we're going to get selling a player out of league 1.

Let's just not squander what we got for him.

Ultimately, he's a good example of a typical British style box to box midfield with great energy and a reasonable amount of skill but hardly unique or irreplaceable.

Knight is surely every manager’s dream player: versatile and extremely hardworking. 

Ability-wise I think he wouldn’t look like a superstar in a non-league nor he wouldn’t look out of place in Premier league. Most likely he has hit the ceiling already as he does lack that little bit extra that better players have.  

Good luck for the lad, hope he does well without success to his new manager 🙂

9 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Where we are is existing when we may have gone altogether. Where we are heading is upward in a sustainable way. I want my Grandson to be able to take his Grandchildren to games in our new Superstadium in 2074

Boo, let’s keep  Pride Park stadium, OK it doesn’t have a roof, it only holds 50,000, the 7G wifi is rubbish and half the escalators don’t work but the atmosphere is great.

I can't help but feel sorry for the lad.

It's a bit of a backward step in his career, dropping from L1 Derby to Championship Bristol City!

image.png.30aa241229ed3f5ae2332db18bf50db7.png

*Yes I know... but it went down so well in the Bielik to Brum thread, and it remains equally apt in this case, I thought I'd duplicate it here!  😉

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't help but feel sorry for the lad.

It's a bit of a backward step in his career, dropping from L1 Derby to Championship Bristol City!

image.png.30aa241229ed3f5ae2332db18bf50db7.png

*Yes I know... but it went down so well in the Bielik to Brum thread, and it remains equally apt in this case, I thought I'd duplicate it here!  😉

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Wouldn’t it be funny if they got relegated and we got promotion this season