Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

So we’ve all probably seen the article from the Ireland national manager saying that Knight is close to leaving. Figured it was time to open a thread for him. 

I don’t mind Knight going. I don’t mind international managers wanting their players playing at a higher level. 
I do think their gaffer has overstepped saying he’s close to moving. It isn’t his place to say, surely that belongs to Knight, Derby or the new club. 

anyway all the best Knighty.

Edited by Kernow

35 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

So we’ve all probably seen the article from the Ireland national manager saying that Knight is close to leaving. Figured it was time to open a thread for him. 

I don’t mind Knight going. I don’t mind international managers wanting their players playing at a higher level. 
I do think their gaffer has overstepped saying he’s close to moving. It isn’t his place to say, surely that belongs to Knight, Derby or the new club. 

anyway all the best Knighty.

That guess work mate

That could be made up anywere if clubs want to bid that means a bidding warn we should get 15m.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

That guess work mate

That could be made up anywere if clubs want to bid that means a bidding warn we should get 15m.

I doubt we’d get £15 mil for the whole squad, let alone one player that only has a year left on his contract 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

The Bryson role in McClaren's 2013/14 Derby side. Similar to how he was being played by Cocu.

Yep. He has much more ability than Bryson does as well. The fact he is so versatile actually has hindered him significantly. Just stick him anywhere to do a job and cover deficiencies rather than put him where he can shine. 

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Yep. He has much more ability than Bryson does as well. The fact he is so versatile actually has hindered him significantly. Just stick him anywhere to do a job and cover deficiencies rather than put him where he can shine. 

I want to believe this but I’m not sure I do. Bryson’s timing of runs and finishing that season were superb. I can’t say I’ve seen the same, even potential-wise, from Knight. We all know he’s got a great engine, but when will he start to use that towards assists and goals? I know playing him right back hasn’t helped.

30 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I want to believe this but I’m not sure I do. Bryson’s timing of runs and finishing that season were superb. I can’t say I’ve seen the same, even potential-wise, from Knight. We all know he’s got a great engine, but when will he start to use that towards assists and goals? I know playing him right back hasn’t helped.

Play him in the right positions. He’s shown it in flashes, but when has he even had a handful of games in a row in his best spot?

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Play him in the right positions. He’s shown it in flashes, but when has he even had a handful of games in a row in his best spot?

This season? He played a fair few games as both a more advanced, and subsequently a deeper lying (when Bird was injured), midfielder. 

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This season? He played a fair few games as both a more advanced, and subsequently a deeper lying (when Bird was injured), midfielder. 

Played as a number 10, that, for me, isn’t his best position. He needs to be box to box in a 3. Can’t be solely responsible for creativity in a team like ours as a 10. For all his attributes, he’s not creative. 

I would guess we can anticipate a tribunal figure of between £1.5m and £2m for Jason Knight - which I think is a fair value. 

If a team wants him this season then they can make the move early, for an additional fee. I think it’s best for everyone if he is moved on, as he can be replaced. Korey Smith does the same job for us as Knight, if we can we can replace Knight with a player who offers more production and creativity then it puts us in a much better position already. Unlikely, but if you were able to turn the Knight money into Aaron Collins, a player who does produce goals and assists regularly, it would give us a much better threat going forward. As I said, in terms of someone running around and keeping the ball ticking over then Korey Smith can do that. 

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would guess we can anticipate a tribunal figure of between £1.5m and £2m for Jason Knight - which I think is a fair value. 

If a team wants him this season then they can make the move early, for an additional fee. I think it’s best for everyone if he is moved on, as he can be replaced. Korey Smith does the same job for us as Knight, if we can we can replace Knight with a player who offers more production and creativity then it puts us in a much better position already. Unlikely, but if you were able to turn the Knight money into Aaron Collins, a player who does produce goals and assists regularly, it would give us a much better threat going forward. As I said, in terms of someone running around and keeping the ball ticking over then Korey Smith can do that. 

I agree. I think Knight is over rated