Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

30 minutes ago, Topram said:

Not sure the radio Derby love for Ipswich? 2 decent breaks good first 15 mins rest of it was just lying down time wasting, hard to watch football like that, just cheating but being able to get away with it, horrid lot aswell. 

It was because they were miles better than us at 0 0 and after the goal were easily able to keep us at arm's length.  If we did that to a top 6 side away from home we would rightly be saying what a good job we had done.

1 hour ago, PrideParkhead said:

He's made history today. First ever Derby manager to lose 3 consecutive League games in the third tier of English football in 140 years. Get the blue plaque up 

Of course you can always ignore that we've only actually played 5 seasons at this level out of those 140 years but hey, why let facts get in the way a statistics? We've also never won a game in the fourth level. Perhaps you want to add that to your plaque.

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

The apology needs to be from Dominic. 

For a BBC journalist to have such appalling spelling needs calling out.

Salow it, bruv

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

4th loss in 5 games for a Derby County side playing in the third tier of English football. 

Arguably one of the most embarrassing months in this club’s history. I’m sure it’s the first time in our history we’ve lost three times in a row at this level. 

Team needs to f****** sort their s*** out and pronto. I’m not going into individuals but I wouldn’t be sad to see the back of anyone in this side. They’ve got it all on to avoid being recorded as the worst Derby County side in history at this rate. 

I'm sad to read this, you've always posted some of the more enjoyable and balanced content on this forum, now you seem so reactive? 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Was there a shout for penalty for a foul on Knight on 20 mins?

I missed a few mins around then 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes there was and it was a pen.

1 minute ago, Amberram said:

If I’m being honest it looked like they should have had a pen when fozzy cropped Chaplin

No penalty, in both cases.

13 minutes ago, Justa said:

You need to give your head a wobble mate ! This is a team thrown together made up of out of contract players and freebies ! What did you really expect ?

I think the unbeaten run has raised people’s expectations too much…

This is a team playing at a level where plumbers and electricians can make a bit of money on the side, whilst our midfielder heads out on international duty to start against France. 

My expectation was to avoid this side being the worst in our club’s history, but this past month has put us bang in trouble of that accolade. We are currently 7th which is joint level with our lowest ever professional finish, all I want to do is avoid that - given the talent and the wages paid out in comparison to the rest of the division that shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

More pleased today than I have been in weeks. Thought we played pretty well but Ipswich are a very good team who had multiple players who have cost them 7 figures.

Think we’d have got a point if the goal had stood and then conceded the 2nd at a really bad time to stop a bit of a grandstand finish. 

We’re also 2 points better off than I thought we’d be as Peterborough v Oxford looked a home banker. That said at this point I would rather see Warne just setting the team up in the 3-5-2 he obviously wants, and use some games to work out who can do what he needs them to in that shape

1 hour ago, EFL View said:

Well that was quite an ill-tempered match. Lots of ugly challenges and timewasting throughout. 

I was shocked to see Warne go to the 3 at the back today as it didn't work against us at Portman Road and his fortunes seemed to improve when he ditched it back in November. Not a lot changed when he made the switch today, but had he played a different system at the start, I wonder if Derby would have settled into the game better.

We started really well and the movement for Chaplin's goal was sublime. We didn't really capitalise beyond that though and Mendez-Laing clearly had the beating of Greg Leigh whenever he took him on. McGoldrick definitely should have done better with that header and I was happy we went into half-time still ahead.

I've only seen one replay of the disallowed goal but it looked harsh and there's every chance the game could have turned had it been given so it's a big what if. The referee was really poor, he lost control of the game and his decisions with yellow cards were very inconsistent. I'd be surprised if he gets given any of the important games in the run-in because even by League One standards, he was bad and couldn't get a grip on things.

I thought overall we dominated the game and took our chances well, neither team had too many clear cut opportunities but we did enough. The Cashin goal will understandably be the big talking point because it seemed to drain Derby's confidence thereafter.

There's still a long way to go though, most of the top 8 teams are either on amazing or awful runs of form which surely can't sustain itself for another month. As you probably know, Warne's Rotherham team went through some incredibly patchy spells either side of their winning runs. 

Good luck for the rest of the season and maybe see you in the playoffs. Although hopefully not, in the nicest way possible!

Well said! For the first 15 - 20 minutes there was only one team on the pitch. But why you have to resort to the dark arts baffles me. You are one of, if not the best team in the division. Your number 33 (Woodhead?) in that 1st 20 minutes didn't make a challenge for the ball without it being a foul. Your number 10 dived for a penalty, which the ref rightly gave the free kick to us, but it was a card-able offence, but no card given. And no, the ref wasn't inconsistent with his cards. All he was capable of doing was booking your players for time wasting, but then doing nothing about the continued time wasting. Clarke should also have one or two more yellow cards for persistent fouling, and for throwing the ball away right in front of the ref. Yet he couldn't wait to give free-kicks for perfectly good tackles, and then wave a card at Derby players. He was exceptionally consistent, as well as not giving free kicks or cards for similar offences by Ipswich players.

The "Cashin goal" was actually scored by McGoldrick, and disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper. By whom, no-one actually knows because there was no-one near him. The only foul was Collins being held in a headlock in the middle of the area. But no penalty given, of course. As happened when knight was upended going into the area in the first half. There's a ton of other stuff the ref goofed up with, but there is neither the time nor space to bother with it. Incidentally the lino apologised for that decision. But its a bit rich when we keep getting done over by poor decisions match after match, often with subsequent apologies. But you don't get in the play-offs with apologies.  We would rather have the 6 - 10 points these decisions have cost us.

Because of how you started and finished the match, maybe you were worth the points, and I would like to wish you well, but am not happy doing so for a team that relies so heavily on the dark arts, especially when you are such a good footballing side.

1) Ok, so they just about deserved their win after our abject first 20/25 mins.

They were athletic, pretty skilled and worked their what nots off.

2) After that, at the very least we matched them and for the last 20 of the first half and the first 20 of the second we were the better looking side. 

They were dirty, cheating, grabbing, diving, injury feigning  - and reluctantly I admit, they also continued to work quite hard 

3) None of the above allows for the unwarranted assistance given to the opposition buy the officials.

We’ve lost our confidence, not enough “turn and go”  safe option chosen too often, legs look tired, passing is off in stats terms.

Their press defeated us too often, because of the above. 

Collins was no better or worse than anyone else despite what others might say. Bottom line it was an “ok” performance against a better side given a helping hand by the ref. It could have been a different game if the goal had been allowed. Small margins ! Oh yes ….We need a nasty, powerful and athletic CF … pronto. 

6 points from the next 2 games, don’t peak too early, get a second wind for Wembley. The fat lady hasn’t even even gargled yet. COYR

Meanwhile .. will one of you pick my toys up, I threw them from my perambulator when the second went in. Ta