Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

But they’ll only keep those seats back until the others are sold. Yesterday morning tickets were being added in as fast as they were being sold. 
As I pointed out yesterday, Block H in the West stand isn’t normally on general sale, but tickets were added and have subsequently sold.

Saying all this they will probably announce a crowd of 28,500..😂

Not far off …

18 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

That just about sums it up. I think Ipswich will go up automatically. I don’t know why they had to continually time waste that’s all you players got booked for. 
In the first half when we were getting on top the goalie signalled to slow things down and two Ipswich players went down with head injuries while the ball was out of play.

Yeah agreed re timewasting.

Hope you're right about us going up. Even after getting today's game out the way we've got the toughest run-in of the teams competing for automatic promotion.  

Disappointing result again today but a strange game, obviously we were disjointed following the change in formation for the first 20 mins or so but we simply have to score our chances - or at least be allowed to.

McGoldrick missed a golden chance 

Knight wasn’t he brought down for a penalty in the first half ? 
whilst the disallowed goal is ruled out with yet another official apologise for the wrong decision 

the obvious moan again is the ridiculous amount of time wasting in this league - it’s beyond a joke week in week out 

ipswich we’re functional and being able to bring in four experienced players in January showed compared to the couple of YTS lads we were allowed to bring in to the smallest squad in the league.

4th loss in 5 games for a Derby County side playing in the third tier of English football. 

Arguably one of the most embarrassing months in this club’s history. I’m sure it’s the first time in our history we’ve lost three times in a row at this level. 

Team needs to f****** sort their s*** out and pronto. I’m not going into individuals but I wouldn’t be sad to see the back of anyone in this side. They’ve got it all on to avoid being recorded as the worst Derby County side in history at this rate. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Warne picked Sibley as an attacking midfielder our goal threat would be consistently transformed. For once it's not rocket science.

I hear what ur saying and agree to a point, certainly over collins inclusion in the side at present but warne, rooney and cocu all seem to not want to use sibley and they se/saw a heluva lot more him than any of us. 

makes u wonder why 

Well, its all gone a bit pear-shaped since I moved to the coast and gave up my season ticket - and for that, I humbly apologise 😛

In all seriousness, I think top 6 this season would have been a good finish - and despite our current form, thats not completely off the table yet.  We threw a squad together at the last minute, bought in new management part way through the season and couldn't strengthen as other clubs did during the winter transfer window. 

Despite the minor meltdown some people are having, personally I don't think we've ever been promotion candidates this season and remain confident that we'll recruit better during the summer and be real contenders next season.

COYR

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

4th loss in 5 games for a Derby County side playing in the third tier of English football. 

Arguably one of the most embarrassing months in this club’s history. I’m sure it’s the first time in our history we’ve lost three times in a row at this level. 

Team needs to f****** sort their s*** out and pronto. I’m not going into individuals but I wouldn’t be sad to see the back of anyone in this side. They’ve got it all on to avoid being recorded as the worst Derby County side in history at this rate. 

U do know 8 odd months ago we had about 6 senior players and only came out of administration about 2 weeks prior to the big ko.

we need to be patient 

Just got back from the game - that was the result I expected before the game started.

After 20 mins I feared it would be a lot worse than that. The team tried but we lost to a better team simple as!

They have had the same manager for 18 months and strengthened in several transfer windows - during which they have spent a considerable amount of money. 

No disgrace for us at all today, it’s disappointing but hardly surprising!

Edited by Justa

Wildsmith - doesn’t look overly confident of late 

Rooney - did ok 

Cashin - lucky to still be selected every week because he is making to many mistakes as well as being bossed today by the centre forward

Forsyth - tends to be trying to do everyone’s jobs 

mendiz - doesn’t like playing wing back 

Roberts - did ok 

Bird - didn’t do a lot 

smith - did ok 

Knight - you tell he played vs France this week 

Collins - nothing worth mentioning 

McGoldrick - played well but missed a sitter 

subs - they don’t improve us do they !

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You need to give your head a wobble mate ! This is a team thrown together made up of out of contract players and freebies ! What did you really expect ?

I think the unbeaten run has raised people’s expectations too much…

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Outplayed, outfought and outthought today.

They ran hard and meant it. We were halfhearted and timid.

Felt sorry for McGoldrick today.

Yes, yes and yes.

Yes. Yes.

Why? He missed a sitter and had one of his usual games in my opinion: different wavelength to everyone else. (I'm willing to believe he's the one on the higher frequency). What's with the seemingly deliberate massive first touch which too often means he doesn't get the second touch? I don't doubt his ability and he has had some brilliant goal involvements over the season, but when he did last make a difference in one of our matches?

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question jourdon, as i like ur posts and think u always give good reasoned points no matter ur if i agree or not

if we dont make the play offs .. then what?

would u want warne out? 

Personally, no. I don’t see the point in giving Warne a long term deal and pushing him out before he’s had a chance to build his own team.

I do think not making the play-offs would put him under pressure though.

He would have to get the summer window right and start next season well and show signs of the team evolving.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Well over the top there - go and have a pint or two 

The incessant cheating in this league (or any league) is ridiculous.  Time wasting from the first goal and going down as if shot for every foul (or just falling over untouched and apparently needing physio's attention every time).  Yes, the ref at least made some bookings, but there could have been a lot more.  I'm sure we're just as guilty but I'd still love to be able to ask the managers whether they're proud of their players for being blatant cheats. 

It might help if the refs were up to the job but they aren't.  Today's was a joke.  Notwithstanding the disallowed goal (haven't seen a replay so no idea if justified) he probably didn't have a massive influence on the result; Ipswich were the better team.  Nevertheless, he was awful. Completely out of his depth. 

We weren't at it at all for the first 20-25 minutes then started to get a bit of a grip. Second half quite even but thought Ipswich always looked a bit more dangerous.  We didn't create enough.  However, I'm not going to have a mardy about it.  Sometimes you lose to better teams. I also think we're now playing as I thought we might all season; struggling at times against better teams, eking out wins against some teams at our level and occasionally being comfortable against the dross.  I think we've over-performed up to now and the small squad with either quite old or quite young players is creaking.  We obviously needed more in January but option were very limited.  I still think we'll sneak into the playoffs and that would be a major achievement given where we started from.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Warne picked Sibley as an attacking midfielder our goal threat would be consistently transformed. For once it's not rocket science.

Sibley is an exciting player on his day but again he’s also frustrating and inconsistent.

It’s probably why he can’t get a run in the team in his natural position.