Aden Flint gone to Sheff Wednesday, he was crap anyrode.

DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The classic Aden Flint link that appears every single transfer window. We’ve already got a ridiculous amount of CBs, don’t need any more. He’d only be a minor upgrade even if we moved some on imo.

RB has to be the focus.

I believe the centre back thing is looking longer term 

I think there will always be a link with Flint, given the local connections. I'd go for him especially as discussed it's not a massive leap to envisage us with no experienced Centre Halves come the start of next season. 

Always looked solid against Conf North sides if that helps? Be in for Macfadzean next and get the band back together.

Was seen training at Alfreton leisure centre during the summer. Had heard he’d moved back close to the area. Obviously means nothing in terms of whether he will sign, whether he’s any good or what it might mean for other centre halves… but at least he wouldn’t need much bus fare! 

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The classic Aden Flint link that appears every single transfer window. We’ve already got a ridiculous amount of CBs, don’t need any more. He’d only be a minor upgrade even if we moved some on imo.

RB has to be the focus.

But if you look at it mate. As it stands next season our only centre half on our books will be Cashin.

Forsyth - Contract up

Davies - Contract up (Probably retire)

Stearman - Will definitely retire

Chester - Always injured no chance of extending his deal.

And if we're still in league one we'll do well to keep Cashin.

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But if you look at it mate. As it stands next season our only centre half on our books will be Cashin.

Forsyth - Contract up

Davies - Contract up (Probably retire)

Stearman - Will definitely retire

Chester - Always injured no chance of extending his deal.

And if we're still in league one we'll do well to keep Cashin.

That’s for this summer though. We definitely need CBs then I agree. But not right now.

4 hours ago, David said:

How has a 24 year old ended up with the name Barry? 

Yes interesting how names become unfashionable and date people. My name’s Colin and in Junior school in the early 50s half the class were called Colin. (Though mine’’s got two “l’s”). And Darren only became popular with the character called Darren Stephens in the 60s TV sitcom Bewitched. Not much used now.   Barry which could be a shortening of Bartholomew, or from a Gaelic name, used to be popular but in 2021 only 1 in 15,377 baby boys were called Barry. OK lecture over, back on thread………

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes interesting how names become unfashionable and date people. My name’s Colin and in Junior school in the early 50s half the class were called Colin. (Though mine’’s got two “l’s”). And Darren only became popular with the character called Darren Stephens in the 60s TV sitcom Bewitched. Not much used now.   Barry which could be a shortening of Bartholomew, or from a Gaelic name, used to be popular but in 2021 only 1 in 15,377 baby boys were called Barry. OK lecture over, back on thread………

Nigel and Roger two others….

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s for this summer though. We definitely need CBs then I agree. But not right now.

We do need one now mate.

If there's any long term injury to Cashin or Forsyth we're gonna have Davies or Stearman having to play 3 games a week which neither of them are up to.

Infact to be honest, neither of them look up to 90 minutes.

We need a Right back and a striker too.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

I made the post, It’s not him, but we are deffo looking at centre backs , when / if the player I know about comes to us , goes elsewhere or the Jan window closes I will say who it is , till then I’m sworn to secrecy on pain off death

So you wouldn’t say it was him then until it’s confirmed? Hmmmm.

Aden Flint would be a good signing, but I'm not so sure we should so quick to write Curtis off - he's been injured and he hasn't quite had regular game time to get up to speed, but it's not to say that he couldn't. It wasn't that long ago that we were probably saying a very similar thing about Forsyth. 

Stearman, ok, I understand that it would be difficult for us to bank on him every game, every week. Chester obviously has some issues that means we just can't count on him every week. Therefore, I would say Flint (if possible) would be a good pick up for the rest of this season. He's a threat at set-pieces and has thrived in this league, against League One type players for his career. 

We can't be overly picky, but I feel Flint would be a decent signing for all League One clubs. It's not like he's been terrible for Stoke this season, either. He had a bad game against Watford and hasn't seen the pitch again. The game before that he was named MOTM in a 0-0 draw with QPR.

According to WhoScored, he's the second highest rated player for Stoke this season behind Ben Wilmot, so all things considered it doesn't sound like we're signing a dud - especially playing at the level we are at. 

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

So you wouldn’t say it was him then until it’s confirmed? Hmmmm.

I only posted it because it seemed to go against our thoughts on where we stood restrictions wise , there’s no in the know kudos seeking , it’s not my thing and have never posted anything regards early insider info because I don’t have it , this is just a coincidence that I have a family connection with someone derby have been looking at ,, 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I only posted it because it seemed to go against our thoughts on where we stood restrictions wise , there’s no in the know kudos seeking , it’s not my thing and have never posted anything regards early insider info because I don’t have it , this is just a coincidence that I have a family connection with someone derby have been looking at ,, 

Archie my friend, you know you should ignore @Boycie and his fishing by now. I look forward to your update come month end or earlier as to who we have been in for.