Aden Flint gone to Sheff Wednesday, he was crap anyrode.

DCFC1388

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Typical sparky ??‍♂️, he can fish all he likes , this info comes from the wife via wife’s family , I was warned big style not to tell anyone ( she knows I am on this forum ) , if I give info I’m in big trouble 

Just dont tell her and put a password on your phone something she wont know mate.

11 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if McCarthy came in for him given he’s got the Blackpool job.

Was a mainstay in the Cardiff side when he was manager there IIRC.

Very good chance they will be relegated so would they be a more attractive option ?

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

At some point you've got to terminate Chesters contract. 

How many games has he played now? A handful at best, he came in as a crock and continued a crock. Very similar to Bielik's past before joining us. Thankfully we didn't pay £10m for Chester.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Tend to agree, especially in our situation.  Warne was very complimentary about him recently, that he's great to have around the place, but if the guy is not going to play until at least March, and that assumes nothing else goes wrong, we probably will at least be having those conversations with him. This could well be why we're looking at Flint (assuming we really are?).

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Tend to agree, especially in our situation.  Warne was very complimentary about him recently, that he's great to have around the place, but if the guy is not going to play until at least March, and that assumes nothing else goes wrong, we probably will at least be having those conversations with him. This could well be why we're looking at Flint (assuming we really are?).

Then there's a few weeks to get match sharp and fit again, by then it's into April with a few games left of the season. Time to cut our losses. I'm sure we can offer him physio and a place to recover from his injury but be off the books. This allows a fully fit Flint to come in to play.

28 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Then there's a few weeks to get match sharp and fit again, by then it's into April with a few games left of the season. Time to cut our losses. I'm sure we can offer him physio and a place to recover from his injury but be off the books. This allows a fully fit Flint to come in to play.

Don’t think Flints recent record suggests Mr Reliability on the fitness front either ?

No point paying Chester up at this stage unless it actually saves us something significant, even if he only makes one emergency appearance later this season

For all anyone knows we might suffer a centre half shortage leading up to a crucial late season game or play off game. Wouldn't be the first time we've suffered an injury crisis at the wrong time of the season (see 2014/15).

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

June the 30th 2023 

What Sparks says. There is zero financial gain by terminating Chester's contract early. In fact it's a financial loss because we would have to pay it all up early. The guy's done a good job when he's played. Let's hope he gets fit in time to contribute more before the season's out, perhaps a match-winning tackle in the playoff final? 

Meanwhile, great to have Flint here as well if we can do the deal. 

On 18/01/2023 at 21:24, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We do need one now mate.

If there's any long term injury to Cashin or Forsyth we're gonna have Davies or Stearman having to play 3 games a week which neither of them are up to.

Infact to be honest, neither of them look up to 90 minutes.

We need a Right back and a striker too.

I also agree it would be better if we got a centre half now, Flint, Nelson or whoever Warne can do a deal with. 

Except for Cashin, in that area of the pitch, they are all out of contract and/or injury prone.  If we wait till summer we start the building process again and might have to try and bring in 2 or 3, which will no doubt be the end of the window when we might already have started games.  It would mean they would have had no pre-season with us and will take time to bed in. 

Obviously Right Back and a Striker too, but with Norwich Tone, that would be 4 this window and will be surprised if we go for that many.  

Warm Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

Maybe a financial loss, but at what cost to morale and team building is cutting someone out (Chester in this instance) due to illness/injury? 

Warne is all about family and togetherness, if he says he is great around the place then ruthlessly disposes of someone how are future signings going to feel? 

we all also herald DC (and rightly) but is his company and personal ethos one of immediate cost cutting or seeing the bigger picture? 

Personally I’d be more worried if we started treating people like cattle  again. 

2 minutes ago, R@M said:

Maybe a financial loss, but at what cost to morale and team building is cutting someone out (Chester in this instance) due to illness/injury? 

Warne is all about family and togetherness, if he says he is great around the place then ruthlessly disposes of someone how are future signings going to feel? 

we all also herald DC (and rightly) but is his company and personal ethos one of immediate cost cutting or seeing the bigger picture? 

Personally I’d be more worried if we started treating people like cattle  again. 

Have we treated people like cattle. ?  We've spent years paying players a wage far above their ability level while they're sat on there arse getting splinters for 48 months.  Then the academy at an annual 6 million cost, has had two years of being used like a training centre for unruly race horses who need to be improved, before they head of to the delights of Udinese, Hull and Belgium for nowt.

5 hours ago, taggy180 said:

With the lad at Stoke on loan from arsenal joining Ipswich and Leicester bidding for souttar I am surprised they are letting flint go

The local Stokies were saying he's shot now but maybe will be ok in League One for a season.

I told them they'd better keep him then the way they're playing.