Aden Flint gone to Sheff Wednesday, he was crap anyrode.

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

On the pitch perhaps, but off it they had to take responsibility for their actions, not Keogh. Anyway, this has been discussed over and over, he won his case.

Opinions mate.

Mine is that he was in the wrong to get in the car knowing the driver was pissed when he was the club captain, thats all. I don't give a feck about the case.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Club captain, leadership, setting an example, looking after younger players etc, etc, seems pretty obvious to me. People who accept such roles should have a sense of ownership and responsibility to mentor and guide others or whats the point?

The manager and coaching staff were there for some of the time too.

13 hours ago, Donkey Derby said:

Think you need to get your facts right.

Whilst Keogh's appeal to the EFL failed, his appeal to industrial tribunal  succeeded.

Basically a passenger of a car was sacked whilst his colleagues who were convicted of drunk driving weren't.

Difference between them was they had a resale value but  Keogh didn't.

So we treated him like cattle and got rid.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12193504/richard-keogh-derby-county-to-appeal-tribunal-decision-ordering-club-to-pay-former-defender-2m-compensation

That's not true either though.

Keogh was sacked by the club after they attempted to impose an illegal variation in his fixed contract which was a reduction in his wages during his rehabilitation period.

Keogh was given the choice of accepting this imposed variation in his contract or be dismissed, presumably for gross misconduct. Which then would mean the outcome of the potential disciplinary meeting was pre-decided before the hearing took place. Which is also at variance to UK employment law. 

Keogh refused to accept this so then was sacked by the club.

It's the illegal imposition of a variation in his contract that always seems to be missed out when the case is discussed. 

20 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I don’t believe we want another mid 30’s central defender. I will be very surprised if we sign this guy. Where does this rumour come from? Pages and pages of speculation on here based on nothing concrete

Pretty sure he was linked here back in the summer. The general common theme is he lives down the road. 

47 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I don’t believe we want another mid 30’s central defender. I will be very surprised if we sign this guy. Where does this rumour come from? Pages and pages of speculation on here based on nothing concrete

In fairness the rumour came from the newspaper. The legitimacy of it can be discussed but rightly or wrongly the club are keeping their transfer business discreet so forums/fans have little to debate - which I miss. 

I agree I’d rather not have another aged  30 plus central defender though, but you can argue it’s where we are at and there has to be an element of planning for next season with so many contracts up.

Highlights the difficulty of the job for PW as not sure what league nor what players will still be here and we almost start all over again.

Kind Regards 

Gangway D FTT 

On 21/01/2023 at 10:29, Gerry Daly said:

In one of the interviews, PW said something (in context) about our CB's not being the quickest so I'm not sure we'd go for another beefy, aerially strong guy. Think it's more likely he'll go for an experienced strong all rounder than a Flint type (i.e. an absolute aerial beast but tanker slow).