Aden Flint gone to Sheff Wednesday, he was crap anyrode.

DCFC1388

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Archie my friend, you know you should ignore @Boycie and his fishing by now. I look forward to your update come month end or earlier as to who we have been in for.

Typical sparky ??‍♂️, he can fish all he likes , this info comes from the wife via wife’s family , I was warned big style not to tell anyone ( she knows I am on this forum ) , if I give info I’m in big trouble 

Edited by Archied

19 hours ago, Carnero said:

Good option to throw on up front towards the end of games if needed, scored 14 goals the last season he was in League One!

I wouldn't be against this at all, if we sign him I'd expect Curtis Davies to leave possibly to Hull or maybe to his boyhood favourites Leyton Orient.

Surely Davies is more likely to retire than carry on playing? I love the man but his body can only do so much after some of the injuries he has sustained in his career.

At a push he could go down the player/coach route I guess.

20 hours ago, Oldben said:

Another player with very little resale value, am under performer by all accounts.

I can't see this happening as I read something about pw only signing players that improve the team, and also wanting to sign players that are aged 30 or under.

If he’s free, resale value isn’t really that critical at all. You don’t have to lay out money or recoup it.  It’s wages that are they key in these circumstances.

Sounds like a good idea. Steers is emergency only, Chester’ injuries are running him down. Curtis can and will contribute this season. Maybe next season he will ease back and be the emergency, but with only Fozzy, Curtis and Cashin we do need another man ( not discounting Rooney though ! - I think he could be a real find - Is he ours or a loan ? Can’t remember)

2 minutes ago, jono said:

If he’s free, resale value isn’t really that critical at all. You don’t have to lay out money or recoup it.  It’s wages that are they key in these circumstances.

Sounds like a good idea. Steers is emergency only, Chester’ injuries are running him down. Curtis can and will contribute this season. Maybe next season he will ease back and be the emergency, but with only Fozzy, Curtis and Cashin we do need another man ( not discounting Rooney though ! - I think he could be a real find - Is he ours or a loan ? Can’t remember)

Rooney is ours 

33 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Rooney is ours 

36 minutes ago, jono said:

If Rooney is being eyed up as right back cover then we certainly need additional. There's Roberts who left back cover and could play centre back, Chester is a write off as said, Stearman is more of a coach these days. Davies has looked rather ropey when he's come on. An 18 month contract for Flint to cover this season and into next seems like an ideal move. His height would be very useful and something we don't have, we're still rather a small team.

20 hours ago, Archied said:

I made the post, It’s not him, but we are deffo looking at centre backs , when / if the player I know about comes to us , goes elsewhere or the Jan window closes I will say who it is , till then I’m sworn to secrecy on pain off death

Ok, give us a quick PM Archie boy….secrets safe with me ?

3 hours ago, jono said:

Ours and he was on free too