Aden Flint gone to Sheff Wednesday, he was crap anyrode.

DCFC1388

4 hours ago, R@M said:

Maybe a financial loss, but at what cost to morale and team building is cutting someone out (Chester in this instance) due to illness/injury? 

Warne is all about family and togetherness, if he says he is great around the place then ruthlessly disposes of someone how are future signings going to feel? 

we all also herald DC (and rightly) but is his company and personal ethos one of immediate cost cutting or seeing the bigger picture? 

Personally I’d be more worried if we started treating people like cattle  again. 

Silly Moo !!

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Have we treated people like cattle. ?  We've spent years paying players a wage far above their ability level while they're sat on there arse getting splinters for 48 months.  Then the academy at an annual 6 million cost, has had two years of being used like a training centre for unruly race horses who need to be improved, before they head of to the delights of Udinese, Hull and Belgium for nowt.

Keogh, was treated very shoddily, which was proven at tribunal.

19 minutes ago, Donkey Derby said:

Go on then. I'll bite. A Football League tribunal decided that we hadn't followed the right legal procedures and that we should pay up his contract. The same Football League that had spent the previous 3 years screwing us over and stabbing us in the back.

35 minutes ago, Donkey Derby said:

Keogh was a drunken t***. If I'd done what he did with a junior at my work, I'd have been sacked, I'd have deserved it, and I'd have slunk off quietly to reflect on my life choices.

Chin boy gets a soft arbitration desperate to f*** Mel over, and comes out smiling.

I wouldn't give him the time of day. Bamford.

3 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Keogh was a drunken t***. If I'd done what he did with a junior at my work, I'd have been sacked, I'd have deserved it, and I'd have slunk off quietly to reflect on my life choices.

Chin boy gets a soft arbitration desperate to f*** Mel over, and comes out smiling.

Here's a picture off him in the newspaper doing his interview.  I preferred the one in the meadow where he was sat looking glum, musing on why Derby sacked him after offering him state of the art rehab and a wage reduction to provide cover for his broken down arse for 18 months as an option.

image.png.99f2e2f69567630b11d96458395f8f54.png

1 hour ago, Donkey Derby said:

I liked Keogh as a player, his few mistakes were unfairly highlighted imo. His heroic last ditch tackles and goal blocks more than made up for one or two mishaps that happens to all defenders now and again. He gave everything on the pitch for us and I'll always respect that.

However, on the night of the infamous driving episode he was a Bamford of the highest order. He was club captain and should have had an ounce of leadership about him and stopped the lads driving at all let alone jump in with them.

He treated the players he should have been looking after very shoddily and deserved sweet fa.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was he b*******. Also not a formal industrial tribunal.

Think you need to get your facts right.

Whilst Keogh's appeal to the EFL failed, his appeal to industrial tribunal  succeeded.

Basically a passenger of a car was sacked whilst his colleagues who were convicted of drunk driving weren't.

Difference between them was they had a resale value but  Keogh didn't.

So we treated him like cattle and got rid.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12193504/richard-keogh-derby-county-to-appeal-tribunal-decision-ordering-club-to-pay-former-defender-2m-compensation

6 minutes ago, Donkey Derby said:

Whilst Keogh's appeal to the EFL failed, his appeal to industrial tribunal  succeeded.

Basically a passenger of a car was sacked whilst his colleagues who were convicted of drunk driving weren't.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12193504/richard-keogh-derby-county-to-appeal-tribunal-decision-ordering-club-to-pay-former-defender-2m-compensation

Difference was they were able to work, and he wasn’t. Not resale value. 

54 minutes ago, Donkey Derby said:

My facts are fine sweetie. They didn't have shattered limbs and could keep playing.   Hope Keoghs pictures looking good in the bedside frame though.  

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

So you think it was right that the passenger got sacked and the two drunk drivers remained at the club. Interesting ? 

1 hour ago, Donkey Derby said:

Keogh went to the EFL’s Player Related Dispute Commission, where he won a full payout only for Derby to contest the decision at the League Appeals’ Committee. The process has been marked by delays, caused in part by the pandemic, but the LAC last week upheld the original verdict.

An EFL statement read: “The LAC has heard and dismissed an appeal under the regulations of the EFL by Derby against the decision of the PRDC in the case of Richard Keogh. The PDRC held that Mr Keogh had not committed gross misconduct, that he had not brought the club into serious disrepute and that he had been wrongly dismissed by the club.”

From the Guardian 21/5/2021 

EFL tribunal 

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I liked Keogh as a player, his few mistakes were unfairly highlighted imo. His heroic last ditch tackles and goal blocks more than made up for one or two mishaps that happens to all defenders now and again. He gave everything on the pitch for us and I'll always respect that.

However, on the night of the infamous driving episode he was a Bamford of the highest order. He was club captain and should have had an ounce of leadership about him and stopped the lads driving at all let alone jump in with them.

He treated the players he should have been looking after very shoddily and deserved sweet fa.

Shouldn’t the two drunks take responsibility for themselves ? They weren’t kids. Why should Keogh be blamed ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Shouldn’t the two drunks take responsibility for themselves ? They weren’t kids. Why should Keogh be blamed ?

Club captain, leadership, setting an example, looking after younger players etc, etc, seems pretty obvious to me. People who accept such roles should have a sense of ownership and responsibility to mentor and guide others or whats the point?

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Club captain, leadership, setting an example, looking after younger players etc, etc, seems pretty obvious to me. People who accept such roles should have a sense of ownership and responsibility to mentor and guide others or whats the point?

On the pitch perhaps, but off it they had to take responsibility for their actions, not Keogh. Anyway, this has been discussed over and over, he won his case.