Barnsley (H) (FACR3) Sun 8th Jan, 12:30 KO

7 hours ago, Eargasm said:

Attendance was 11,512 not great but made it easier to get away from the ground at the end. 

Yeh, shame but obviously the Fa cup has lost some of its sparkle. Glad I went though, the Torquay match and yesterday’s match were very enjoyable so the cups have been great entertainment so far this season. Got a message from a Forest fan regarding the attendance, quickly reminded them of their gate just over 7,000  in the third round a couple of seasons back! They haven’t replied 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Yeh, shame but obviously the Fa cup has lost some of its sparkle. Glad I went though, the Torquay match and yesterday’s match were very enjoyable so the cups have been great entertainment so far this season. Got a message from a Forest fan regarding the attendance, quickly reminded them of their gate just over 7,000  in the third round a couple of seasons back! They haven’t replied 

It's certainly not a "great" attendance, but it was the only all-L1 tie, so not much of a draw for fans after the most expensive period of the year, and the attendance was still higher than 14 other ties, including Forest's game at Blackpool and the crowds at 4 all-Championship games, so it wasn't "bad" either. 

I thought the attendance was better than expected (certainly on here!) We sold a lot of tickets in the last twenty four hours before the game.

The atmosphere was also better than recent league matches as well, even when we were struggling to get going in the first half. 

Second half we were just having fun!

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought the attendance was better than expected (certainly on here!) We sold a lot of tickets in the last twenty four hours before the game.

The atmosphere was also better than recent league matches as well, even when we were struggling to get going in the first half. 

Yes , I thought the atmosphere was better. The West and North Blocks were definitely louder. (Sorry).

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I love the FACup but we have a high number of season ticket holders and a fair few like us live away so with the cost of travelling to home games over Christmas, extra tickets for other family members, the financial stretch at the moment and the timing of the game, we just couldnt do it. the crowd was good in the circumstances and so glad you had a fun match. 

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was an odd one on the post-match with Warne. Radio Derby had been banging on about him being injured so they asked the manager how he was. Warne replied that when he substituted Barks, the winger claimed he was absolutely fine. At which point Warney said something to him along the lines of "then why were you dragging your leg along the pitch as if you were a mermaid?" Our manager is mad as a box of frogs, but is getting results.

And I think he’s the most honest, sane, he says what he thinks, no hidden agenda’s, caring, warm, hard working, respectful and successful managers, we’ve had in years.

And I’ve met a few frogs in my current line of work, moving them along, so I don’t accidentally kill them with my mower, and to be fair, not one of them have been crazy. Maybe I need to collect them and put them in a box to see if they go crazy, but probably not.

Up The Rams!

You can keep your sarcasm, Jim. I know what I heard and the lack of posts on this thread says what many feel about the FA Cup. You of course know that many people from those stands were part of the atmosphere in the two stands that were open yesterday but don't let that stop you trying to score a cheap laugh.

I'm sure everyone will be there to see the mighty West Ham (unless they move it to Monday night for the tele, of course!) 

I think that the favourable prices for the cup matches give a few fans who maybe can't usually afford a chance to attend games an opportunity to see the side and their enthusiasm is contagious. 

Highlight of the day was when PW came over to the south stand afterwards, removed his bobble hat and gave a theatrical, pantomime-style bow. Marvellous.

On an separate note, lots of people vaping in the SS. It's disgusting having to breathe that in. Any chance you could show some consideration and wait until half/full time and go outside? Thanks.

I enjoyed it yesterday, although it did seem strange standing on the opposite side of the stairs while someone else was in my ST seat that wasn't for sale originally. 

Barnsley started faster, but we found our feet and dominated in the end.

I thought here we go again when the ref gave them a goalkick after the keeper clearly put the ball over the bar, but the ref didn't seem to do a lot wrong after that.

It was a real bargain £11 for my Son £6 for me, and only a £1 for my Grandson !.... 3 cheeseburgers outside the ground  before the game was almost as much lol !.... It was strange watching the highlights later though, I've always been in the Toyota West stand previously viewing the same way as the cameras... I was completely confused for a minute or so ! 

18 minutes ago, Eargasm said:

It was a real bargain £11 for my Son £6 for me, and only a £1 for my Grandson !.... 3 cheeseburgers outside the ground  before the game was almost as much lol !.... It was strange watching the highlights later though, I've always been in the Toyota West stand previously viewing the same way as the cameras... I was completely confused for a minute or so ! 

Me, too - it's quite confusing, isn't it? In a nice way - tests the spatial awareness! 

Vulcan Ram, it's the same at away matches - it feels like stewards all turn a blind eye to the vapers. Shame, really, as we'd completely eliminated the smoking and I think the vapes smell worse and affect more people.

It sounds like we're killjoys if we say anything about it, not sure why they bother with all these rules if they aren't going to implement them. 

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was an odd one on the post-match with Warne. Radio Derby had been banging on about him being injured so they asked the manager how he was. Warne replied that when he substituted Barks, the winger claimed he was absolutely fine. At which point Warney said something to him along the lines of "then why were you dragging your leg along the pitch as if you were a mermaid?" Our manager is mad as a box of frogs, but is getting results.

Iirc,  last time Barkhuizen was injured PW suggested he didn’t really know when he’d be back because ‘Tom doesn’t seem to be very in touch with his body’.  I hope he’s ok because he’s had a great run recently 

Btw someone should gently point out to PW that mermaids don’t have legs. 

Woke up grinning this morning thinking about the game yesterday. For 60 minutes it was as complete a performance as one could wish for. Quick nod to Wildsmith again. We do seem to start games rather slowly (Warne's face on the touchline for the first 15 told a story!) and I've lost count of the times recently where his unshakeable concentration has given us a platform on which to build these impressive performances. POTY will be a fiercely competitive affair this year, that's for sure. Arguments to be made for Didzy, NML, Cash and Joe as things stand with a late surge from Jason Knight looking likely too. An oddly wonderful time to be a Ram's fan.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Iirc,  last time Barkhuizen was injured PW suggested he didn’t really know when he’d be back because ‘Tom doesn’t seem to be very in touch with his body’.  I hope he’s ok because he’s had a great run recently 

Btw someone should gently point out to PW that mermaids don’t have legs. 

How do you know mermaids have no legs ? Have you seen one? 

24 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Woke up grinning this morning thinking about the game yesterday. For 60 minutes it was as complete a performance as one could wish for. Quick nod to Wildsmith again. We do seem to start games rather slowly (Warne's face on the touchline for the first 15 told a story!) and I've lost count of the times recently where his unshakeable concentration has given us a platform on which to build these impressive performances. POTY will be a fiercely competitive affair this year, that's for sure. Arguments to be made for Didzy, NML, Cash and Joe as things stand with a late surge from Jason Knight looking likely too. An oddly wonderful time to be a Ram's fan.

There's one glaring omission there, Fozzy is ahead of them all in my opinion, atm. Another superb performance from him yesterday, in his tenth year at the club, having come back from 3 ACL injuries.

33 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Had a glance on a Barnsley Forum. They thought we were a poor side, but they were worse. One or two realists though, to be fair.

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

There's one glaring omission there, Fozzy is ahead of them all in my opinion, atm. Another superb performance from him yesterday, in his tenth year at the club, having come back from 3 ACL injuries.

Yep, Fozzy's doing great too, but young Eiran ahead of him for my money. Nice debate to be having, whatever your view, which was kind of the point of my post.

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

He has been incredible. He has made it look easy. 

Having Cashin attacking the ball is a real boon though.