Barnsley (H) (FACR3) Sun 8th Jan, 12:30 KO

49 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Excellent performance. Nothing more needs to be said in that regard.

Bit worried about Barkhuizen though. He noticeably pulled up with his hamstring about 5 minutes before he went off. Hope he's OK as he seems to be hitting a big of form right now.

I noticed that also, but seconds before he actually come off, he sprinted for a through ball without any sign of discomfort. Surely, he wouldn't have risked that at 3 nil up and just about to be substituted?

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was an odd one on the post-match with Warne. Radio Derby had been banging on about him being injured so they asked the manager how he was. Warne replied that when he substituted Barks, the winger claimed he was absolutely fine. At which point Warney said something to him along the lines of "then why were you dragging your leg along the pitch as if you were a mermaid?" Our manager is mad as a box of frogs, but is getting results.

He sat straight down in the dug out without any treatment, ice pack etc.

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Get him some of his own players in January, and we will turn into a really excellent side. 

Don’t think he’ll change much, he’s brought a good group of players together and made them excellent. Just one or two positions need more cover was what he said in the post match. Seems like it’s a squad that’s as well-organised as it is motivated.  

Looks like people have more confidence in  our manager now than they have had for many moons. A new and lengthy era perhaps? Here’s hoping 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think he’ll change much, he’s brought a good group of players together and made them excellent. Just one or two positions need more cover was what he said in the post match. Seems like it’s a squad that’s as well-organised as it is motivated.  

Looks like people have more confidence in  our manager now than they have had for many moons. A new and lengthy era perhaps? Here’s hoping 

We can always improve. We have a good squad, but there are clear opportunities for growth if we can bring in the right players. Question of course is with our current model how much we are actually allowed to do.

4 hours ago, Sufferingfool said:

As has been said apart from a slow start a totally dominant performance. We just don’t look like conceding and surely must score a hatful soon we are creating more and more chances. The work rate of the whole team is exceptional UTR

I agree, but that slow start had me grinding teeth. A good save by Wildsmith, and a squeaky bum moment when Cashin cleared up a mess. It could have been a different game, and at that point we did look like conceding. We rode it, came good, class, discipline a bit of strategy and a lot of fitness saw us through to a comfortable win but we can’t start games like that if we want to be serious winners across the board. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I agree, but that slow start had me grinding teeth. A good save by Wildsmith, and a squeaky bum moment when Cashin cleared up a mess. It could have been a different game, and at that point we did look like conceding. We rode it, came good, class, discipline a bit of strategy and a lot of fitness saw us through to a comfortable win but we can’t start games like that if we want to be serious winners across the board. 

Listen to Birdys post match interview he explains how it went.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Listen to Birdys post match interview he explains how it went.

Yep, ?? and from an entirely self centred POV I thought, good lad, you saw (and experienced) what we the fans saw. 
it really does bode well, there is an intriguing honesty at the moment. I suppose,having been round the block for 64 years, you can say these things when we are winning and on an upward curve but it does feel right beyond that doesn’t it ? 

image.png

7 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Anyone else notice Curtis waving to the South Stand at the end of the game?

Maybe he always waves like that and I had not noticed before but to me could easily have been interpreted as a good bye wave ?

I am not sure. I think he is playing staff this season for sure but get the feeling there’s a bond with the club the extends beyond kicking a ball in an 11 man game on a Saturday . Curtis will be around a little longer in another role. He’s part of the foundations now. Legend is misused as a term in many cases, not Curtis … He is what legends are. You don’t need to win a title or score 20 goals. You have to be a made of the right stuff. He is. 

DNA Youff,  Curtis is a Ram 

31 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Anyone else notice Curtis waving to the South Stand at the end of the game?

Maybe he always waves like that and I had not noticed before but to me could easily have been interpreted as a good bye wave ?

I thought the same of Jason Knight at the last match before Christmas where he waved and fist-pumped like crazy, to a degree he doesn't normally do. I was sure he had already got another club. Besides, Curtis always makes a point of making good acknowledgment with the South Standers, like he does with all the other stands. He's a great bloke!

11 minutes ago, Eargasm said:

Been a while since I was last at Pride Park, but had a fabulous time today with my Son and grandson, great result and performance !.... Loved It ! 

Why was one of the stands completely empty.

What was the attendance today ?