Barnsley (H) (FACR3) Sun 8th Jan, 12:30 KO

On 09/01/2023 at 17:16, jono said:

Whilst I don’t like those monstrous tanks and oversized clouds it is worth bearing in mind that the carrier liquid that makes the vapour  is the same as used in asthma inhalers. I think people should be considerate but I do hope we don’t all get too purse lipped

It's not about being purse lipped, it's about not wanting to breathe in other vapour/fumes that people have just sucked in and then blown out of their mouths and that smell and taste horrible. 

4 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

It's not about being purse lipped, it's about not wanting to breathe in other vapour/fumes that people have just sucked in and then blown out of their mouths and that smell and taste horrible. 

Jeez you want to be a non drinker in the east stand , the stink of alcohol, the stink of too much alcohol comming out the other end of folk , having it spilled all over the place and on you and your clothes , people too often now don’t live and let live within reason ,

funny though , my wife and I sat in the west stand one game last season and she pointed out there was no stomach churning smells wafting over us every five minutes ?

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Walk down the street and smell the diesel. Or indeed the vapour from the chips burgers and onions. I think scale, effect and a thousand other things should be in your equations. Far worse for me is the old double 1970/80’s  deckers ticking over outside the ground filling the air with fumes that genuinely are noxious rather than just off putting to individuals.

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Walk down the street and smell the diesel. Or indeed the vapour from the chips burgers and onions. I think scale, effect and a thousand other things should be in your equations. Far worse for me is the old double 1970/80’s  deckers ticking over outside the ground filling the air with fumes that genuinely are noxious rather than just off putting to individuals.

A lot of knock off vapes have all sorts of noxious materials in them. I’d prefer not to take the chance of breathing them in 

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Ah, if only everyone wore a mask to filter what they were exhaling.

On 10/01/2023 at 09:34, SKRam said:

The wonderful Arthur Cox would never leave anyone up. I used to have a moan about it, I’d always leave a couple up. Wait till I see Mr W, might not buy him free beer all night now….. not heard his theory yet. ⬆️

Arthur would say "We attack as a team, we defend as a team".

He did ok - and Warne is doing ok too.

26 minutes ago, jono said:

Always warm at the back in winter as long as you could hold back the feeling of nausea as it began seeping in  . Traffic jams were lovely

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Arthur would say "We attack as a team, we defend as a team".

He did ok - and Warne is doing ok too.

Warne is doing waaaay better than ok I’d suggest considering the constraints he’s working under. Loving it 

53 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

A lot of knock off vapes have all sorts of noxious materials in them. I’d prefer not to take the chance of breathing them in 

But you’re ok with sheddy old stinking Diesel engines with no filters and their cancerous particulates belching out  ? 

Honestly though, I do I get it, I think those tanks and humongous clouds are a bit weird and I can see that you could get narked by them blown in your face. But all in all, outside in the grand scheme of things,  it doesn’t bother me  in the least. Each to their own I guess. 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

But you’re ok with sheddy old stinking Diesel engines with no filters and their cancerous particulates belching out  ? 

Honestly though, I do I get it, I think those tanks and humongous clouds are a bit weird and I can see that you could get narked by them blown in your face. But all in all, outside in the grand scheme of things,  it doesn’t bother me  in the least. Each to their own I guess. 

I have vaped for about 12 years after I gave up smoking, and have never seen the point of 'cloud chasing'. I did have one of the big sub-ohm things, but when we were broken into last year, it was one of the things that was stolen. I replaced it with a little vape pen which delivers my 'hit' and doesn't generate its own weather systems. Far better for me - and less intrusive to others.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I have vaped for about 12 years after I gave up smoking, and have never seen the point of 'cloud chasing'. I did have one of the big sub-ohm things, but when we were broken into last year, it was one of the things that was stolen. I replaced it with a little vape pen which delivers my 'hit' and doesn't generate its own weather systems. Far better for me - and less intrusive to others.

Me too Eddie. I have a tiny cigalike thing, itdoes the job - it’s a habit and a crutch but unobtrusive. It irritates me that I can’t quite quit the habit but after what went with full ashtrays and cigs and lighters it’s b helpful. I’ve never missed a fag since and I haven’t found anyone who get narky about it. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

Yes but I can avoid the buses or burger vans. Not much I can do if someone standing next to me at a football match and forces me to breathe in their stuff, other than not to go at all. All I'm asking for is some consideration, just as I don't cough in their face or sneeze on them, though I maybe I should start. Anyway, I get it doesn't bother you, no problem, but it bothers me and all I'm asking for is a bit of consideration. 

16 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes but I can avoid the buses or burger vans. Not much I can do if someone standing next to me at a football match and forces me to breathe in their stuff, other than not to go at all. All I'm asking for is some consideration, just as I don't cough in their face or sneeze on them, though I maybe I should start. Anyway, I get it doesn't bother you, no problem, but it bothers me and all I'm asking for is a bit of consideration. 

I wasn't aware that vaping was permitted at a football match - it's usually classified the same as smoking. Have you considered telling a steward?

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I wasn't aware that vaping was permitted at a football match - it's usually classified the same as smoking. Have you considered telling a steward?

This, was going to say the same,

Edited by Rich84

1 hour ago, jono said:

Can’t recall I said anywhere I was ok with Diesel engines ? Just as bad for me. 

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Jeez you want to be a non drinker in the east stand , the stink of alcohol, the stink of too much alcohol comming out the other end of folk , having it spilled all over the place and on you and your clothes , people too often now don’t live and let live within reason ,

funny though , my wife and I sat in the west stand one game last season and she pointed out there was no stomach churning smells wafting over us every five minutes ?

She can’t sit near me then?

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

9 hours ago, Rich84 said:

This, was going to say the same,

Yes, I did on Sunday and will do if it happens again. I was in my usual seats but it wasn't the usual SS crowd around us on Sunday and usually isn't a problem.  But I have asthma, things generally go to my chest/lungs and I worry (a bit) about these things.