Barnsley (H) (FACR3) Sun 8th Jan, 12:30 KO

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Had a glance on a Barnsley Forum. They thought we were a poor side, but they were worse. One or two realists though, to be fair.

Had a look too which I normally can't be arsed with. Too busy moaning about their lot and arguing with each other to acknowledge they got an absolute shoeing ? Let's be honest, we could have won that even easier than we did, so I put it down to sour grapes and not much else.

I took the plunge yesterday and took Miss Wolfie (just turned 10) along for her first match.

I was concerned she'd be bored because she doesn't ever sit & watch a whole match on TV with me and, to be fair, she was showing signs of losing interest midway through the first half.

3 goals later and her laughing at the bouncing South stand in a great second half meant that she thoroughly enjoyed it and asked me on the way home when she can go again. It also helped that it gave her something to brag about at school today, with pretty much everyone else in her class being F*rest fans.

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Highlight of the day was when PW came over to the south stand afterwards, removed his bobble hat and gave a theatrical, pantomime-style bow. Marvellous.

On an separate note, lots of people vaping in the SS. It's disgusting having to breathe that in. Any chance you could show some consideration and wait until half/full time and go outside? Thanks.

Someone in east stand at it too.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I took the plunge yesterday and took Miss Wolfie (just turned 10) along for her first match.

I was concerned she'd be bored because she doesn't ever sit & watch a whole match on TV with me and, to be fair, she was showing signs of losing interest midway through the first half.

3 goals later and her laughing at the bouncing South stand in a great second half meant that she thoroughly enjoyed it and asked me on the way home when she can go again. It also helped that it gave her something to brag about at school today, with pretty much everyone else in her class being F*rest fans.

I am glad she is enjoyed it

If thinking about away game do keep in mind people like to stand.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am glad she is enjoyed it

If thinking about away game do keep in mind people like to stand.

Most people like to sit but they can't because of selfish people like you. Some put up with your behaviour but others don't and so they don't go away anymore. But I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy your standing regardless.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

How do you know mermaids have no legs ? Have you seen one? 

If they’re wearing long dresses they are famously hard to spot. I reckon I must have bumped into one the other night in the pub. Offered her a drink and she said “no really I shouldn’t I’m legless”.

Also, she looked full to the gills. 

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Most people like to sit but they can't because of selfish people like you. Some put up with your behaviour but others don't and so they don't go away anymore. But I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy your standing regardless.

I was just saying it might be the case I sit at home games but seems plenty like to stand too.

Not many people sitting down in other cup games yesterday and saturday.

29 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

?

7 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Highlight of the day was when PW came over to the south stand afterwards, removed his bobble hat and gave a theatrical, pantomime-style bow. Marvellous.

On an separate note, lots of people vaping in the SS. It's disgusting having to breathe that in. Any chance you could show some consideration and wait until half/full time and go outside? Thanks.

Whilst I don’t like those monstrous tanks and oversized clouds it is worth bearing in mind that the carrier liquid that makes the vapour  is the same as used in asthma inhalers. I think people should be considerate but I do hope we don’t all get too purse lipped

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Whilst I don’t like those monstrous tanks and oversized clouds it is worth bearing in mind that the carrier liquid that makes the vapour  is the same as used in asthma inhalers. I think people should be considerate but I do hope we don’t all get too purse lipped

I have asthma too

But changing to pounder one again I could not get on with them when I was a lot younger used make me feel sick or be sick.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

You can keep your sarcasm, Jim. I know what I heard and the lack of posts on this thread says what many feel about the FA Cup. You of course know that many people from those stands were part of the atmosphere in the two stands that were open yesterday but don't let that stop you trying to score a cheap laugh.

I'm sure everyone will be there to see the mighty West Ham (unless they move it to Monday night for the tele, of course!) 

I think that the favourable prices for the cup matches give a few fans who maybe can't usually afford a chance to attend games an opportunity to see the side and their enthusiasm is contagious. 

Sorry if my gentle ribbing has upset you. I have been to all the cup games this season , home and away and enjoyed them all. But I do know that some of us in the South stand would appreciate a little back up with the noise levels now and then . Hence the “West stand , West stand give us a song”.

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Btw someone should gently point out to PW that mermaids don’t have legs. 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

How do you know mermaids have no legs ? Have you seen one? 

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I took the plunge yesterday...

Congratulations on your new identity, @Wolfie

I'm a great believer in being what you want to be... and woe betide anyone who judges you for it!

Bravo that... erm... fish... lady... thing!  

?

20 minutes ago, jono said:

Back in the old days a standard match was standing up, dying for a pee, getting soaked when it rained, watching a game through a fence with a pillar in the way.  On top of that you had not just cigarette smoke but some bloke 10 foot away who'd consumed 5 pints of buttblower bitter before kick off and would drop one at 10 minute intervals pervading a 5 metre area with his arse stench for 90 minutes and no possibility of escape.  Add the 20 stone geezer falling on top of you as you desperately fell towards a 4ft high  metal crash barrier coated with 50 years of rust after a goal and the potential for a good shoeing after the game.

Todays seating, gentle aroma of vape smoke that smells of sweets and access to a toilet with some shelter is like a trip to a 5 star hotel. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Back in the old days a standard match was standing up, dying for a pee, getting soaked when it rained, watching a game through a fence with a pillar in the way.  On top of that you had not just cigarette smoke but some bloke 10 foot away who'd consumed 5 pints of buttblower bitter before kick off and would drop one at 10 minute intervals pervading a 5 metre area with his arse stench for 90 minutes and no possibility of escape.  Add the 20 stone geezer falling on top of you as you desperately fell towards a 4ft high  metal crash barrier coated with 50 years of rust after a goal and the potential for a good shoeing after the game.

The good old days.?