Barnsley (H) (FACR3) Sun 8th Jan, 12:30 KO

If my run ends with a defeat in a bit of a damp squib FA Cup tie I am going to be phenomenally annoyed.

Let’s get to R4 and get a big fish or Notts Forest. 

?

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

This fixture is really awkward.

If we lose then our unbeaten run is ended by our play off competition and could impact on our confidence. If we win, then yay through to the next round of a competition we aren't going to win, but we'll get no kudos for the victory. 

But we will get £105,000 prize money and a potential big draw in the next round.

22 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Those at the top of the club aren't putting much emphasise on the game, isn't it only the East stand open?

It’s the East and South stands that are open and surely the decision is driven by lack of demand rather than a conscious decision to limit the size of the crowd?

No doubt the attendance would be slightly higher if the whole ground was open (folk wanting to use their normal seats/area of the ground) but I doubt it will sell out and there is no point opening up the other stands if only 7-8000 turn up.

Wins breed confidence. At home I expect us to have enough, despite a changed team. I'd suggest:

Loach

Chester     Stearman     Cashin     Roberts

Thompson     Bird

Dobbin     Knight     Barkhuizen

Osula

Subs: Wildsmith Forsyth Davies Rooney Smith Sibley Hourihane Mendez-Laing Collins