Duane Holmes

Sean

51 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm not sure why he would suit Warne's style of play? I bet whoever we sign will be around 6 feet tall

Based on a stereotype that I’m not sure is quite true. Can probably add that to the list of myths that have arrived with him. 

Barlaser and Lindsay (Rovrums CM’s) aren’t the tall bruisers you’re expecting. Mobile, box to box battlers who contribute at both ends.

Still don’t think Holmes is what we need but beggars can’t be choosers. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

After the way he engineered his way out of here in the first place, he can get ducked. Not quite a Nathan Byrne, but not far off it.

And hardly as fond of training (allegedly) as Warne will want! ? Got to be agent talk, after a new deal at Hudds?!

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Based on a stereotype that I’m not sure is quite true. Can probably add that to the list of myths that have arrived with him. 

Barlaser and Lindsay (Rovrums CM’s) aren’t the tall bruisers you’re expecting. Mobile, box to box battlers who contribute at both ends.

I'm not one of those idiots who still think Warne is a long ball merchant. Don't get me wrong  I can see he is still getting us to pass the ball and play. But I think he understands that you need to be able to combat physicality in the lower divisions. Jim Smith understood that which is why he packed our promotion team with guys like Daryl Powell, Van deLaan, Stimac, Yates and Rowett. They could play but they could also hold their own against the cloggers. I think Warne will do the same  

6 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

We already have Bird, Knight, Sibley, Smith, Hourihane and Tommo. If we were to sign a CM, it would be to replace one of them, I would hope it would be someone who excels at one end of the pitch - either a midfield enforcer, or a goal machine. Holmes is neither.

Not a fan, and I find it hard to believe that he is a Paul Warne type of player.

Always struck me as a lazy player who played when it suited him. He never seemed to enjoy the game either, he played with the face of somebody that was being forced to play by somedy that had kidnapped his kids.

Add to that the fact that his flashes of quality were so few and far between, its a definite no thanks from me.