Duane Holmes

Sean

On 28/11/2022 at 17:06, Loughborough Ram said:

Not a fan, and I find it hard to believe that he is a Paul Warne type of player.

Always struck me as a lazy player who played when it suited him. He never seemed to enjoy the game either, he played with the face of somebody that was being forced to play by somedy that had kidnapped his kids.

Add to that the fact that his flashes of quality were so few and far between, its a definite no thanks from me.

I liked him when he arrived and he showed some flashes of brilliance under Lampard but never kicked on after that. The way he left the club was also disappointing.

Could never figure out what Holmes was. I mean he wasn't a winger, or a number 10, or a traditional midfielder. Or at least not a convincing winger/number 10/midfielder. He'd just sort of pop up every now and again and do something that made you thing maybe he was better that you'd given him credit for. Then he'd mess up the final ball. Then he'd disappear again. 

I mean he's... okay. But I'm not sure he's better than we already have.

Edited by vonwright

On 09/12/2022 at 00:41, vonwright said:

Could never figure out what Holmes was. I mean he wasn't a winger, or a number 10, or a traditional midfielder. Or at least not a convincing winger/number 10/midfielder. He'd just sort of pop up every now and again and do something that made you thing maybe he was better that you'd given him credit for. Then he'd mess up the final ball. Then he'd disappear again. 

I mean he's... okay. But I'm not sure he's better than we already have.

I liked him. He was dynamic, had great feet /good touch - was very hard working. He could also tackle and run for 90 minutes. Having said that, you’re right about the final ball, he never quite had it did he. The sort of midfielder that should be chipping in with a handful goals a season, but he didn’t. 

Tommo is a similar player but younger - with the right coaching he will end up better. His calmness when he scored the other week was excellent - and you absolutely know he LOVES wearing the shirt. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

I liked him. He was dynamic, had great feet /good touch - was very hard working. He could also tackle and run for 90 minutes. Having said that, you’re right about the final ball, he never quite had it did he. The sort of midfielder that should be chipping in with a handful goals a season, but he didn’t. 

Tommo is a similar player but younger - with the right coaching he will end up better. His calmness when he scored the other week was excellent - and you absolutely know he LOVES wearing the shirt. 

I'd say there is a fair difference between them then.