Derby County v Port Vale - The Matchday Thread

Day

8 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Like most of the games in L1 I have no idea about Port Vale, looking at the table, like most they are capable of winning 4-0 and losing 4-0.

Still were are Derby and I have a good feeling 3 points are coming our way 

Still in the 'new manager bounce' period, so we should be winning this game, without a doubt. 

12 hours ago, archram said:

I’m actually coming up for this one. I’d decided I couldn’t afford it but my son offered to not only buy my ticket but to pay my train fare as well!

I must have got something right bringing him up!

Hope your train is running okay in the strike. Mine’s not so I can’t get up from Bristol ☹️

22 hours ago, Foreveram said:

What a stupid comment, better deduct the 1 point each that we got at Shrewsbury and Lincoln then.

What a stupid comment, we didn’t get one point at Lincoln.  Do you actually watch anything when you go to all these away games you tell us about?

According to the Vale forum some of their fans who couldn’t get a ticket thought it would be a good idea to get an ID number and purchase tickets within the home supporters sections.

There are now screenshots of text messages from DCFC saying that after consolation with members lists held by Port Vale that the tickets are now void and no refund will be offered.

Clubs shouldn’t be sharing data, illegal to offer no refund, football ombudsman needs to be involved…….the usual I’ll informed drivel from those that have been rumbled.

The moral of this story…………read the Terms & Conditions from both clubs before trying to pull the same stunt!

15 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

According to the Vale forum some of their fans who couldn’t get a ticket thought it would be a good idea to get an ID number and purchase tickets within the home supporters sections.

There are now screenshots of text messages from DCFC saying that after consolation with members lists held by Port Vale that the tickets are now void and no refund will be offered.

Clubs shouldn’t be sharing data, illegal to offer no refund, football ombudsman needs to be involved…….the usual I’ll informed drivel from those that have been rumbled.

The moral of this story…………read the Terms & Conditions from both clubs before trying to pull the same stunt!

Brilliant, well done to both clubs ?

19 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

In fairness there are a couple of reasonable posters over there explaining this to the people that are moaning about it. Seems like PV have the same T's and C's but don't police it as much as us, not sure how that is our fault!

One was complaining that we "only" gave them 2,700 tickets instead of the 3,100 that Oxford got. Then someone else pointed out that they just got fined £15,000 for bad behaviour. I hope the former understood the significance of the latter. 

Besides, they only get an average of around 7,000 home supporters at their stadium. It's not DCFC's responsibility to give their one-game-a-season away supporters a day out somewhere nice. 

Is football the only place where this legalised segregation takes place. If the tickets are on general sale they should be able to be bought by anyone. If anyone inside the ground causes trouble then they should be bought to book irrespective of who they support. Every away game this season the grounds have had a fan park or bar inside the club grounds (, Fleetwood being the best bar and Lincoln the best fan park) where fans have mixed freely with no sign of trouble. It’s only when the fans are kept apart that it creates tribalism.