Derby County v Port Vale - The Matchday Thread

Day

9 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Tickets selling very well for this game, could be close to 30 thousand, with the train strikes, i think thats amazing 

I think it will be over 30,000. Only 2,896 left. South stand south west stand sold out. Only 231 tickets left in the South half of the ground.

33 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Is football the only place where this legalised segregation takes place. If the tickets are on general sale they should be able to be bought by anyone. If anyone inside the ground causes trouble then they should be bought to book irrespective of who they support. Every away game this season the grounds have had a fan park or bar inside the club grounds (, Fleetwood being the best bar and Lincoln the best fan park) where fans have mixed freely with no sign of trouble. It’s only when the fans are kept apart that it creates tribalism.

Fans mixing before, or even after, a game are one thing, but during a game 'passions' are often raised. The history of English League Football over the past 60 years in particular has too many incidents of violence breaking out in such circumstances for the responsible authorities to consider desegregation in general, though of course Fulham do (or did, not sure if it's still a thing) have a 'neutrals' stand.

Rugby, cricket etc can do this without (except for rare occasions) WW3 breaking out but, sadly, I think football is beyond such 'maturity'.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Is football the only place where this legalised segregation takes place. If the tickets are on general sale they should be able to be bought by anyone. If anyone inside the ground causes trouble then they should be bought to book irrespective of who they support. Every away game this season the grounds have had a fan park or bar inside the club grounds (, Fleetwood being the best bar and Lincoln the best fan park) where fans have mixed freely with no sign of trouble. It’s only when the fans are kept apart that it creates tribalism.

Hmmmm...

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Fans mixing before, or even after, a game are one thing, but during a game 'passions' are often raised. The history of English League Football over the past 60 years in particular has too many incidents of violence breaking out in such circumstances for the responsible authorities to consider desegregation in general, though of course Fulham do (or did, not sure if it's still a thing) have a 'neutrals' stand.

Rugby, cricket etc can do this without (except for rare occasions) WW3 breaking out but, sadly, I think football is beyond such 'maturity'.

Police have classified this gamer as a "High risk game".

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It will be my first in-person experience of Warneball on Saturday. Got a couple of colleagues that support Port Vale so I need this to not go tits up or I am going to have to hand my notice in.

I have the same issue with PV fans I know,  need to win this one!

5 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

According to the Vale forum some of their fans who couldn’t get a ticket thought it would be a good idea to get an ID number and purchase tickets within the home supporters sections.

There are now screenshots of text messages from DCFC saying that after consolation with members lists held by Port Vale that the tickets are now void and no refund will be offered.

Clubs shouldn’t be sharing data, illegal to offer no refund, football ombudsman needs to be involved…….the usual I’ll informed drivel from those that have been rumbled.

The moral of this story…………read the Terms & Conditions from both clubs before trying to pull the same stunt!

So none of our fans did this at say Cambridge? As long as all our fans who want them can get tickets and they behave then extra money. Sat next to a lovely Plymouth fan the other week but after that result if I see him there again will dob him in!

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So none of our fans did this at say Cambridge? As long as all our fans who want them can get tickets and they behave then extra money. Sat next to a lovely Plymouth fan the other week but after that result if I see him there again will dob him in!

I bet there's a few away fans in the home sections at every game, particularly those who live in our area. Most of them are discreet, but when they aren't it always causes strife. Fans who do this though shouldn't complain about getting found out and losing their money, because the Ts&Cs spell out what can happen.

I had a Boro fan sat next to me when they won 3-2 over 20 years ago. He was wise enough to bring his young daughter with him as added protection and celebrated quietly when they scored!

41 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Yeah but that's 400 off the attendance if they've only been given 2700

There is always going to be segregation, the stadium capacity is about 33,000, there is only 2,500 tickets left but if we sell all  of them the attendance is not going to be 33,000.

5 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Tickets selling very well for this game, could be close to 30 thousand, with the train strikes, i think thats amazing 

Paul Warne is bringing his mum and family from Norfolk ( Hope they are paying) for his debut in the home dugout. A 2-0 win would be great. But I just hope the 5,000 walk ups don’t ring radio Derby moaning about the style of football.

40 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

There is always going to be segregation, the stadium capacity is about 33,000, there is only 2,500 tickets left but if we sell all  of them the attendance is not going to be 33,000.

32,200 is about max. the attendance for Birmingham at home last season. 

so if port vale have only got 2700 i make that about a 31,800 sell out. 

you said earlier there were just under 2,900 home tickets left.

i make that 28,900 sold (5 hours ago)

will 1100 go between now and kick off?

edit 

if there's 2500 left now that should be 29,300 sold so far

Edited by DerbyRevolution