Derby County v Port Vale - The Matchday Thread

Day

9 hours ago, David said:

Because that's what the rules are for the EFL trophy, doesn't mean it's not a loss, it's not the same rules as the league so no point even comparing the two.

They got a point for winning  a penalty shoot out. Which only happens after a drawn game where, both teams got 1 point.

points win prizes. They didn’t win but they got more points. Well I think that’s what I mean. Responses on a post card to Mssrs  D. Cummings and A. Campbell who better understand gyratory  rotation. 

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

Forest Green?

The club was established in 1889 by Rev. E.J.H. Peach, representing the Forest Green area of Nailsworth

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Port Vale was a very small area of a suburb of Stoke on Trent according to my Dad, who was born in the Potteries

Its the area just south west of Burslem where the canal junctions are. Middleport, Longport are still places along with Port Vale Road and others.

The valley of the ports is what local legend says was the nickname of that area. 

They became Burslem Port Vale when they first moved east a few hundred yards.

Either way, Burslem is a shitehole of immense proportions.

42 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its the area just south west of Burslem where the canal junctions are. Middleport, Longport are still places along with Port Vale Road and others.

The valley of the ports is what local legend says was the nickname of that area. 

They became Burslem Port Vale when they first moved east a few hundred yards.

Either way, Burslem is a shitehole of immense proportions.

Your knowledge of scatalogical places in Staffordshire is unrivalled! 

Bravo! ?

15 hours ago, David said:

As @archram let us down last night missing her penalties, I feel like it's time to restore the faith, bring back the good times, until the players do somethin' stupid.

With me and my monkey Paul Warne, let me entertain you and rid the memory of the shame in losing to a Nigel Clough side.

It's going to be the greatest day for you all, except @Cisse who has no regrets in supporting not one but TWO league 1 clubs.

A collision of worlds will ultimately see defeat for his Port Vale as we all feel sexed up with our 3 points.

200.gif