Derby County v Port Vale - The Matchday Thread

Day

Every game at home, I'm confident. We obviously won't win them all, but I feel like the players just expect to win games and that breeds confidence. Port Vale not great away from home this season, so all the indications are that we should win. 

I'd like to see a big game from Jason Knight in particular, feel like he's had a good season overall but he needs to show why he should be the most attacking midfielder in this team. I can't recall a game where Sibley was the main feature in the Derby win, i.e. scored the goals that made it happen. 

He's a starting central midfielder for an international side, so this should be easy for him. 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'd like to see a big game from Jason Knight in particular, feel like he's had a good season overall but he needs to show why he should be the most attacking midfielder in this team. I can't recall a game where Sibley was the main feature in the Derby win, i.e. scored the goals that made it happen. 

I presume Sibley here should also read Knight!

The one game I can recall is that Knight scored 2 goals in one of his very early games, possibly his debut, in a 2-1 win at home to Charlton. It was the game where Bielik was sent off, when Cocu was manager.

22 hours ago, Foreveram said:

You’ve not answered the question, if we lost why did we get point. If Mansfield won why did they only get 2 points and not the 3 like we did for beating Grimsby. 3 points for a win ,1 point for a draw, 1 bonus point for winning the penalty shootout.

If you come second in a two horse race, you’ve lost 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

The one game I can recall is that Knight scored 2 goals in one of his very early games, possibly his debut, in a 2-1 win at home to Charlton. It was the game where Bielik was sent off, when Cocu was manager.

Knight seems to have lost a little of his mojo last couple of games. I wish he would stop speaking to his national manager 

8 hours ago, Foreveram said:

But if you were being pedantic you’d argue that Arsenal aren’t in the football league.?

If you are really pedantic you coukd argue the poster should have used the term EFL for clarity. 

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its the area just south west of Burslem where the canal junctions are. Middleport, Longport are still places along with Port Vale Road and others.

The valley of the ports is what local legend says was the nickname of that area. 

They became Burslem Port Vale when they first moved east a few hundred yards.

Either way, Burslem is a shitehole of immense proportions.

I can never equate what beautiful pottery/ porcelain comes out of the Stoke area, and the run down state of the place.

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

Charlton was a couple of days before New Year. First professional goal(s) though.