Who s enjoying league 1?

Archied

I love League one.

Two months ago this club might have folded. We would all have had to make the choice - do we attend a phoenix club in the East Midland's North, League Division Nine or do we choose to pick a new team to support.

Compared to what we could have won, every referee is Pierluggi Colina and every match is as good as EMD.  

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Was wondering if someone could offer any advise please.

A friend of mine is away for the Lincoln game and has said I could use his away membership to get my son a ticket.

My son is 10. 

But obviously the away membership is for an adult.

Is it possible to get a child's away ticket using the adult away membership? Or does it only let you buy an adult ticket?

I’m 99% sure you will only be able to buy an adult ticket. If you read 3.2.10 below it says any Away Member is strictly for use of the supporter who qualifies. So to me that reads you will only be able to get the ticket in your friends name and therefore pay an adults price. Hope that helps.

46CE5439-73C6-4162-91D9-4AEA5DD8AD83.thumb.png.171ac2ba832142bf6f7bd48cfb27770b.png

I have to admit that I find it hard to get excited about watching most of the teams we are now up against but when I get to the game that’s all forgotten.

We have to learn from this experience how things can go wrong and what it feels like to be bracketed with (no offence intended) Accrington Stanley and Cheltenham.

I think at home we have the skill to overcome most teams in our league.

Away from home I’m not sure we have the physicality we need, especially in midfield.

I’m looking forward to visiting some away grounds but if the trains are like they were yesterday I might have to walk to them!

8 hours ago, Mckram said:

I’m 99% sure you will only be able to buy an adult ticket. If you read 3.2.10 below it says any Away Member is strictly for use of the supporter who qualifies. So to me that reads you will only be able to get the ticket in your friends name and therefore pay an adults price. Hope that helps.

46CE5439-73C6-4162-91D9-4AEA5DD8AD83.thumb.png.171ac2ba832142bf6f7bd48cfb27770b.png

Exactly. It's cheeky enough that you think it's okay to cheat the system. At least put up and pay full price for doing so, @MACKWORTHRAM! ?

Edited by angieram
Tagged wrong Mackworth!

Stadium full, some skill on display, missing a few goals but I think they will come. Interesting that you see great passages of play with good skill that is at least equal to the championship but then the increased frequency of unforced errors in shots and passing is noticeable … but hardly matters to me. Referees are a lot less fussy and more ready to let play continue which is an improvement in my mind. 

I think it's been enjoyable but we've had the bigger league 1 teams at home and are just beginning our away travels. Oxford, Peterborough and Barnsley are all clubs that will be up and around the top whilst arguably having a better fan-base than average for this division so are bringing a few fans with them. Plymouth will be the same next week. Six months in we may not like this- playing Cheltenham on a saturday where they bring 150 might not be quite as much fun as we expect especially if we're struggling to grind out a result. 

The football is fine but you can see a difference in quality in the key areas such as finishing and keeping concentration in the defence. I think if we're plotting a way back to the second division this season we need to keep that in mind. 

I guess finally as well this does seem to be a league with a generally 'mardy' set of fans. Already encountered a few fans with chips on their shoulders because we're the 'massive derby county' and daring to celebrate a late winner against their 'tiny outfit'. Hopefully that dissipates too as it's quite unbecoming and unnecessary. 

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I have to admit that I find it hard to get excited about watching most of the teams we are now up against but when I get to the game that’s all forgotten.

We have to learn from this experience how things can go wrong and what it feels like to be bracketed with (no offence intended) Accrington Stanley and Cheltenham.

I think at home we have the skill to overcome most teams in our league.

Away from home I’m not sure we have the physicality we need, especially in midfield.

I’m looking forward to visiting some away grounds but if the trains are like they were yesterday I might have to walk to them!

I was there in 1957 when we played Accrington Stanley in a top of the table clash, The gate was 24,000  it ended up at 2-2, and was just as exiting as many Premier matches I've seen. 

23 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think it's been enjoyable but we've had the bigger league 1 teams at home and are just beginning our away travels. Oxford, Peterborough and Barnsley are all clubs that will be up and around the top whilst arguably having a better fan-base than average for this division so are bringing a few fans with them. Plymouth will be the same next week. Six months in we may not like this- playing Cheltenham on a saturday where they bring 150 might not be quite as much fun as we expect especially if we're struggling to grind out a result. 

The football is fine but you can see a difference in quality in the key areas such as finishing and keeping concentration in the defence. I think if we're plotting a way back to the second division this season we need to keep that in mind. 

I guess finally as well this does seem to be a league with a generally 'mardy' set of fans. Already encountered a few fans with chips on their shoulders because we're the 'massive derby county' and daring to celebrate a late winner against their 'tiny outfit'. Hopefully that dissipates too as it's quite unbecoming and unnecessary. 

We still have Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday to come to Pride park and of course the big derby game against Burton. Lots of teams will have a larger than average away following on their big day out.

The Premier League is nowhere near as interesting as the media hype would have you believe.

There's only going to be around 4-5 clubs that will ever win it from now until the end of time unless there is a major restructuring of football finances (which won't happen).

For fans of the rest, where's the enjoyment in hoping your team scrape enough points to finish 17th.?

The championship gets worse every year, parachute payments mean at least two of the promotion slots go to yo-yo clubs.

Sure League One has favourites for promotion but, at this stage, no one knows who will go up, who will make the play offs or who will get relegated.

That competition and uncertainty, even if not the standard of football (and it's still higher than many believe) makes it a darn sight more interesting and - yes - enjoyable.

14 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Was wondering if someone could offer any advise please.

A friend of mine is away for the Lincoln game and has said I could use his away membership to get my son a ticket.

My son is 10. 

But obviously the away membership is for an adult.

Is it possible to get a child's away ticket using the adult away membership? Or does it only let you buy an adult ticket?

Just how many rules are you looking to break here?

This isn't even in the right topic!  Feck off to the "Away Tickets" thread, or summat!   ? ? ? ?

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

The Premier League is nowhere near as interesting as the media hype would have you believe.

There's only going to be around 4-5 clubs that will ever win it from now until the end of time unless there is a major restructuring of football finances (which won't happen).

For fans of the rest, where's the enjoyment in hoping your team scrape enough points to finish 17th.?

Premier League is the pinnacle of English football, it’s where the best of the best play, it’s the target for every single English football club and rightly so.

You should always aim to be the best you possibly can, this is a sport, sports are about just that, being the best.

All this nonsense the Premier League isn’t interesting is completely untrue, otherwise why were attendances declining under the Clough years in the Championship, yet selling out Wembley allocations when we’re 90 minutes away from Premier League football?

It reeks of when a player doesn’t join the club he was crap anyway.

I want to see a Derby County defence keep Haaland out from scoring, not watching amateur golfer and part time footballer Jack Marriott attempt to take out one of the speakers on the roof with a shot.

Even as a neutral, to say it’s not interesting is again just plain wrong.

We have 2 of the best clubs in Europe battling it out for 1st and 2nd with Liverpool v Man City.

We have Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man United in the battle for top 4.

Newcastle have the money and starting to assemble a squad to be pushing on and attracting more top quality to the Premier League and throw themselves into the top 4 mix.

Plucky clubs like Brighton and Brentford playing some fantastic football and keeping the pressure on those clubs above and a fraction of the budget.

Villa, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Palace in the fight below that. 

I mean there are interesting battles across the league unless you’re someone that only has interest in Derby and the league we are in.

Finally, Leicester City, a club that were in a mess themselves not so long ago, would never have dreamt of doing the “impossible”. 

How can you not aspire to one day try and emulate that and pass on the memories to your grandchildren.