Who s enjoying league 1?

Archied

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

It won’t be the lowest attendance at Pride Park, that was against Salford in the League cup 4,747.

How many tickets have been sold so far for tomorrow?

Can’t see Grimsby bringing many if any at all, they really do not like this cup at all.

37 minutes ago, David said:

Meanwhile we play Grimsby Town tomorrow where the man of the match will get a free pizza, a game played with only one stand open and most likely the lowest attendance seen at Pride Park outside of the covid seasons.

Maybe the gate will be low David because too many Derby County fans don't find, football-wise, what comes out of Grimsby very attractive; including the opinions of some football supporters who live in that neck of the woods?  ?

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Maybe the gate will be low David because too many Derby County fans don't find, football-wise, what comes out of Grimsby very attractive; including the opinions of some football supporters who live in that neck of the woods?  ?

Meow! Some nails out today, blimey ?

I'm totally with @Davidon this one. I hate being down in the near basement of English football, it being doubly galling that the gumps had the most fortunate promotion in living memory and are bending the rules to give themselves a shot at staying up. It's very important they fail, but even if they do they'll have vast riches for years to come. Right now Division Three is a novelty but this season is going to be a long hard slog with plenty of ups and downs, and it's ultimately something to be endured rather than enjoyed. Plus if we don't make it straight back up players such as Sibley and Knight and Bird will be gone which will make it even more depressing.

14 minutes ago, David said:

How many tickets have been sold so far for tomorrow?

Can’t see Grimsby bringing many if any at all, they really do not like this cup at all.

6,608 Derby fans plus the taxi from Grimsby. I won’t knock Grimsby, my sister lives there.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm totally with @Davidon this one. I hate being down in the near basement of English football, it being doubly galling that the gumps had the most fortunate promotion in living memory and are bending the rules to give themselves a shot at staying up. It's very important they fail, but even if they do they'll have vast riches for years to come. Right now Division Three is a novelty but this season is going to be a long hard slog with plenty of ups and downs, and it's ultimately something to be endured rather than enjoyed. Plus if we don't make it straight back up players such as Sibley and Knight and Bird will be gone which will make it even more depressing.

one of us GIF

Just to add another perspective here, its interesting how many Leeds fans I've spoken to who whilst not wanting to be in the Championship as such, do look back fondly to the time when they were winning most of their matches & being (in their heads) the big fish in the division. In the Prem, they are nothing more than cannon fodder & the sheer amount of beatings they took in the spring inevitably erodes that optimism & feel good factor from being top tier. 

My own viewpoint to OP is similar to most on here - I am enjoying the novelty of a new division but only from a short term perspective. The Championship was boring & was sick of playing non-entities like QPR, Reading & Bristol every other week. The standard of play & size of the clubs in League One isn't that different in my eyes and the sheer size of PP crowds & our away support suggests that view is shared by many.

That said, deep down I struggle accepting Derby as a 3rd tier club & want us up as soon as possible - certainly no longer than 2 seasons, which is entirely reasonable given our resources & how long it took Arthur Cox to take us out of the old Division 3. The game is about the glory & I want to see Derby competing for Europe & trophies again one day.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A bit harsh to describe the third tier as “near the basement”.

I think it’s reasonable to enjoy the journey for a couple of seasons. Too much beyond that is when it becomes something to be endured.

While some have had the bank holiday to pontificate on here all day, others have been at work so only just catching up with this.

Surely, for most of us, the answer to the question is yes, we are enjoying League 1, however we would like to have a decent season and be in the promotion mix at the end of it.

Somehow its been turned as if you cant enjoy the here and now because we're not playing Arsenal!

Life is too short to worry about playing in the Prem in a few years time. Enjoy the ride now and lets see where it takes us.

?

I take very little interest in the PL these days. Haven't got a Sky or other subscription (cancelled that a few years ago because I rarely watched games) and didn't even watch many MOTD or MOTD2 last season. I'd like to see Derby back there some day, but it's pointless me (or any other fan, other than DC) having that as an aspiration, because there is no way that we can make it happen. In the meantime, I can get plenty of enjoyment watching DCFC play in whatever competition they are in and leave the dreaming to others.

6 hours ago, David said:

Of course, I mean I’ve already said I’m enjoying watching Derby win games and be at the right end of the table. That part of my initial posts appear to be ignored. 

Make it sound like I’m watching games with my arms folded and being a Victor Medlrew which isn’t the case, I’m just not enjoying the fact it’s in the third tier of English football. Simple as that.

I can’t sit here and pretend it’s great and that I’m happy to see the club here, whilst others seem more than happy to mock the Premier League and distance themselves from wanting to see us up there. I’m staying true to myself by saying I want to see the club back in the top flight.

I’m 40 years old, the best times I can remember being a fan was under Jim Smith and in the Premier League, even then the gulf between us and Manchester United was huge. Sure we beat them, no club is unbeatable, but to see us back up there on the cusp of Europe is where I want to see this club. Right now we have never been so far away from making that dream a reality.

I love this club, saw the good times under cloughie, but really dont think we will  ever be on the cusp of europe again, to many big clubs awash with money. Im just happy to have a club after the last 3 years, but you can have your dreams certainly.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

While some have had the bank holiday to pontificate on here all day, others have been at work so only just catching up with this.

Surely, for most of us, the answer to the question is yes, we are enjoying League 1, however we would like to have a decent season and be in the promotion mix at the end of it.

Somehow its been turned as if you cant enjoy the here and now because we're not playing Arsenal!

Life is too short to worry about playing in the Prem in a few years time. Enjoy the ride now and lets see where it takes us.

?

What’s the matter with you man , why aren’t you working from home like every ducker else

I intensely dislike what football has become, starting with the Premier League and filtering down into the Championship and lower leagues. I've loved watching the women's game this season, it's just so much more enjoyable to watch and connect with the players.

For that reason I've been really enjoying League 1 too. Feels more authentic and wholesome somehow. I go into games genuinely excited, looking at the form, the opposition and our chances. It's a refreshing change.

It's also nice to be part of a rebuild and a refreshing culture to the way the club is run. After Mac1, I fell out of love with football because the club lost its identity and simply threw money at success, bought a load of disconnected players and the was something unlikeable and fake about most of Mel's tenure.

So far it's been great but I think that enthusiasm and energy will dissipate if we are here for more than a couple of seasons. Of course you want your team to be successful at the highest level possible and Derby have the infrastructure, history etc. to compete against the likes of Liverpool and Man City, win a cup etc. I firmly believe that, but if League 1 is where we have to start that journey and lay the foundations, then I'm all for it and I'm enjoying the ride!

7 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

...So far it's been great but I think that enthusiasm and energy will dissipate if we are here for more than a couple of seasons. Of course you want your team to be successful at the highest level possible and Derby have the infrastructure, history etc. to compete against the likes of Liverpool and Man City, win a cup etc. I firmly believe that, but if League 1 is where we have to start that journey and lay the foundations, then I'm all for it and I'm enjoying the ride!

Lol. So it's great and it's real, but only for a couple of seasons?! ?

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:
47 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

...So far it's been great but I think that enthusiasm and energy will dissipate if we are here for more than a couple of seasons. Of course you want your team to be successful at the highest level possible and Derby have the infrastructure, history etc. to compete against the likes of Liverpool and Man City, win a cup etc. I firmly believe that, but if League 1 is where we have to start that journey and lay the foundations, then I'm all for it and I'm enjoying the ride!

Lol. So it's great and it's real, but only for a couple of seasons?! ?

I've seen every game so far, all live except Fleetwood where I had to purchase Rams TV.

...So far it's been great but I think that enthusiasm and energy will dissipate if we are here for more than a couple of seasons.

I agree it's been great so far - much better than the National League or lower down the pyramid would have been. I fully agree too that the energy and enthusiasm could dissipate if we are here for more than a couple of seasons because that's never happened to us before - more than two seasons would take us into unknown territory - Forest since World War 1 have spent many years down here - but we don't want it for too long. You're spot on Rodley.

You're also spot on Rodley about our history and infrastructure, we aspire to go upwards. We want to go up as quickly as we can - this season hopefully and there's still every chance of that.

but if League 1 is where we have to start that journey and lay the foundations, then I'm all for it and I'm enjoying the ride!

Of course League 1 is where we have to start - we can't do anything about that and the recruitment has already laid good foundations. Like you I'm all for what David Clowes and Liam Rosenior are trying to do - pretty good so far I reckon. And it could get even better - we'll see.

I can't see why anyone would want to laugh at you. I think what you have said reflects the feelings of many of us far - it is what it is, we'll enjoy it while we can a but the sooner we get back to the Championship the better. It's definitely a big yes from me.

COYR

40 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I can't see why anyone would want to laugh at you. I think what you have said reflects the feelings of many of us far - it is what it is, we'll enjoy it while we can a but the sooner we get back to the Championship the better. It's definitely a big yes from me.

COYR

Because the poster starts by telling us all how they dislike what football has become in the leagues above us!

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

I intensely dislike what football has become, starting with the Premier League and filtering down into the Championship and lower leagues. I've loved watching the women's game this season, it's just so much more enjoyable to watch and connect with the players.

But then goes on to say ...

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

Of course you want your team to be successful at the highest level possible and Derby have the infrastructure, history etc. to compete against the likes of Liverpool and Man City, win a cup etc.

Are they expecting those teams to join us in League 1? 

So I wasn't laughing at them but at their view on football.

I'm hoping there's not more than one season in League 1, it's not for me.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because the poster starts by telling us all how they dislike what football has become in the leagues above us!

But then goes on to say ...

Are they expecting those teams to join us in League 1? 

So I wasn't laughing at them but at their view on football.

I'm hoping there's not more than one season in League 1, it's not for me.

if you look at my posts earlier today you will see how much I dislike the PL and how its parachute payments have distorted fair competition in the Championship. I'm fully with Rodley on that. Until the PL was formed with its greedy thirst for money at the expense of the lesser clubs, English football was played on a level playing field. That's how Burnley, Ipswich, Derby County (twice) and Forest became champions in my life time against all the odds. That's impossible nowadays and don't come back and give me the Leicester b******* because that was funded on dubious Thai bahts.

The greedy thirst to reach the PL was what turned Mel Morris to go down the dubious route which ended up taking us into administration and then to League One.

The grass wasn't always greener yesteryear but competitive football in this country was. It is now controlled for the benefit of a small handful of elite clubs who year after year compete for the top four places for entry to the Champions League.

I'm with Rodley, the further you climb the s****** it gets.

Edited by Brailsford Ram