Who s enjoying league 1?

Archied

10 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Loving it. Definite step down in quality, but no step down in excitement.

It is a step down but tbh I was expecting worse. In fact , so far I am pleasantly surprised. If we keep getting near play off places and performing it 's got the making of a good season in front of us

There is some good football, surprised at that.  Equally surprised, but in the opposite sense by the turgid but ineffective and poor officials.

I hate this question.

Let's be honest, no, and I don't want to be ungrateful here, I'm fully aware of how lucky we are to still have the club.

It's nice to be watching Derby win and at the right end of the table, that's all you really want as a fan.....but this is the 3rd tier of English football.

Without sounding arrogant, we're not a 3rd tier club.

I get the novelty factor of new clubs, grounds, even worse refereeing, however we've lost a genuine competitive rivalry as they continue to assemble a £100m+ squad.

In one season a huge gulf has been created and even if they go down, it will take several years before it will even start to level out.

I hate League 1 and being so far away from the PL.

14 minutes ago, David said:

I hate this question.

Let's be honest, no, and I don't want to be ungrateful here, I'm fully aware of how lucky we are to still have the club.

It's nice to be watching Derby win and at the right end of the table, that's all you really want as a fan.....but this is the 3rd tier of English football.

I get the novelty factor of new clubs, grounds, even worse refereeing, however we've lost a genuine competitive rivalry as they continue to assemble a £100m+ squad.

In one season a huge gulf has been created and even if they go down, it will take several years before it will even start to level out.

I think you mistake enjoying it now at the start of a rebuild for happy to stay there , 

Not been interested in the Prem itself in years so by that token barely registers on my radar we're further down the pyramid from it. I agree with the OP, 3pm Saturday football is more important than prime time TV money slots and great to see it so frequently. Not everything should be for sale to the highest bidder. Enjoying the club being competitive again with an exciting squad too, I like the group. I'm more a Derby fan than I am a football fan though so my opinion reflects that. I'd be interested in Derby in any league. As in I couldn't even tell you how the Championship table looks because I'm simply not interested anymore. No idea about it. More interested in who Derby are playing on Tuesday. League One fixtures, League One Clubs, League One forums, only thing I take an interest in now.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Still summertime innit.

Let's see what it's like when it's cold, wet, windy, and dark when we leave the stadium.

Then we'll know!  ?

When it's cold, wet, windy and dark, I'll be closing the tablet, not leaving the stadium!

46 minutes ago, David said:

I hate this question.

Psst we scored twice late on. ?

Was wondering if someone could offer any advise please.

A friend of mine is away for the Lincoln game and has said I could use his away membership to get my son a ticket.

My son is 10. 

But obviously the away membership is for an adult.

Is it possible to get a child's away ticket using the adult away membership? Or does it only let you buy an adult ticket?

I hate League one. Horrendous officiating, no goal line technology, salty small clubs, and I can’t lie as much as I deny it it makes it a damn sight worse with the scum in the premier league spending £150m+, unless Maranakis’ impulsiveness and impatience leads to a spectacular implosion and destruction it will be years until we’re at their level. 

However, the only positive is that where Leicester have long reached (surpassed) their ceiling and are now on the slide, Notts Forest are close to their ceiling and don’t have much to be excited about once they get past the euphoria of this season and possibly next they’ll be on the slide again, Derby are on the floor which means we have an incredible journey like those witnessed in the 80s to get back to our ceiling which is mid-table premier league (same as Forest’s), if we can get autos and the pizza trophy in the next couple of years  it will give me amazing memories and maybe even followed by a championship playoff final win in a few seasons which would be incredible. With some of the players we have, while it’s tough with the business plan restrictions we could build some momentum which means should we get up this season we could well be competitive in the championship. We have at least two players who would walk into top 6 championship teams (Bird and Knight)   with two others very capable of joining them (Cashin and Sibley) 

Being on the floor means there’s only one way to go and that’s up so I’m going to enjoy the ride.