Wayne Rooney

roboto

If true, I wouldn't have blamed him for walking away at any point in the last 12 months... it's just:

1. You could have timed it better Wayne!
  2. If you were leaving for a move to the MLS, at least be honest about it instead of saying you're going to take some time away

Oh well. I suspect the brains of the outfit are still at the club.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He'd still got a year on his contract here, so would have been on whatever we were paying him - £90k or £2.50 - if he'd stayed! Rooney's stock is Rooney - if we didn't do well this season and he was in charge then it would affect it. 

Perhaps, like when he went to play out there, he's gone for the experience. He's a young manager at the start of what he no doubt hopes will be a long career.

I think Clowes would of looked to renegotiate in league 1 Roy. The only way he was keeping them wages, was with CK and Stretton .

3 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I think Clowes would of looked to renegotiate in league 1 Roy. The only way he was keeping them wages, was with CK and Stretton .

In which case you couldn't blame him, would you take a pay cut after last season? 

For me while he was here he was 'our Wayne' and he did a good job. I think Kirchner promised him 'the earth' and then when reality hit he just thought, I've had enough of it all. Can't blame him, I'm sure it'll be easier in the States. And now for me he's just 'Wayne' again. ?

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

My take is that this is all too quick to have been decided since he resigned from Derby.

In which case, he was probably in talks with DC United behind our backs whilst under contract to us.

That doesn't sit comfortably with me, whatever he did for us last season.

Exactly.

For all we know CK does have the money but decided to keep it closer to home and just messed us around towards the end. 

If so, they are welcome to each other and I hope they fail at whatever they do. 

56 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

He was a good guy but no one knows if he’s Actually a good manager or not. 2 strange seasons where he did well but it will be interesting how he does without restrictions etc. Also would’ve been interesting to see how he would have done with some pressure on him eg promotion aims. Feels a bit of a backwards move for him to go back to the US. He can say goodbye to a premier league job for the next 2-3 years minimum. 

Didn’t do well in his first season Big Trav…….shocking record. Much better second season though ?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In which case you couldn't blame him, would you take a pay cut after last season? 

For me while he was here he was 'our Wayne' and he did a good job. I think Kirchner promised him 'the earth' and then when reality hit he just thought, I've had enough of it all. Can't blame him, I'm sure it'll be easier in the States. And now for me he's just 'Wayne' again. ?

I don't blame him and said i would of done the same ?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Didn’t do well in his first season Big Trav…….shocking record. Much better second season though ?

Away form wasn’t great. No ill will from me. He’s an ex Ram and we have a future. I think WR did have some input to make that happen. 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

My take is that this is all too quick to have been decided since he resigned from Derby.

In which case, he was probably in talks with DC United behind our backs whilst under contract to us.

That doesn't sit comfortably with me, whatever he did for us last season.

"I want to spend more time with my family"...Wow!, I guess 2 weeks with the Family was too much ?

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He wasn't sacked he resigned.  Compensation on a decent scale required.  We're fools otherwise.

I’m not sure how unless his resignation represented a breach of contract.

It might always have been intention to go there and there might have been some secret conversations going on but, as you say, he resigned. We weren’t approached by them seeking permission to speak to him. 

The way he left Derby was odd. All the time he had shown loyalty and when it was getting close to a takeover and some stability, out of the blue he quits. 

I had heard a rumour that Mr Clowes and Mr Morris had worked together on the takeover and that is why Wayne left. But like I said, that is rumour. 

Good luck to him and good luck to Liam here at DCFC!

Just now, Big Bad Bob said:

The way he left Derby was odd. All the time he had shown loyalty and when it was getting close to a takeover and some stability, out of the blue he quits. 

I had heard a rumour that Mr Clowes and Mr Morris had worked together on the takeover and that is why Wayne left. But like I said, that is rumour. 

Good luck to him and good luck to Liam here at DCFC!

My gut feeling was that Kirchner and co had made promises to Rooney (in terms of spending, signings etc) that Clowes was unwilling/unable to match, so he left.  My other gut feeling is that Kirchner would have been unable to keep those promises, so Rooney would probably have gone anyway.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure how unless his resignation represented a breach of contract.

It might always have been intention to go there and there might have been some secret conversations going on but, as you say, he resigned. We weren’t approached by them seeking permission to speak to him. 

Within a certain time frame I know others have taken this recourse .  Steve Bruce going to Birmingham seems to ring a bell.  Redknapp to Portsmouth- Southampton as well.