Wayne Rooney

roboto

21 minutes ago, curb said:

Somebody close to WR paid a £1.6m wage bill last month to keep us alive.

Personally I don’t think he owes us anything.

What they said - Rooney didn't know Derby from a cup of tea before he joined, he then had curve ball after curve ball thrown at him and all through it we thanked him for sticking it out. As a manager he learned and grew, from a rather shaky start tbf, and constantly avoided getting dragged into what was a situation nobody could have wanted to be associated with.

Why was he here? Because he wants to do things in football - that might be to manage successfully but it seems louder than a ringing bell he wants to be an owner. It looked like we offered him that under the Kirchner proposal (and maybe even under the story Mel told to get him here in the first place). And that went away when Clowes came in.

Looks like he is set to get his wish at DC United, back to somewhere he knows and is appreciated. I don't hold one ounce of bitterness for him as a player or a manager - he went up in my estimations as a person while he was here as well.

And for us? We are still in business and looking forward to the next era. Maybe, just maybe, if Wayne hadn't stuck around like he had we might not be able to say that today. Best of luck, hope it works out for him.

23 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

But it wasn't mutual, he resigned. The administrators desperately tried to change his decision.

Perhaps, but I do think there was an underlying issue that the reported highest paid manager in the Championship would be substantially too expensive in League One. I'm not sure. I'm convinced once Rosenior spoke to Rooney about the Blackpool job that he knew the wheels were in motion. 

I don't think he owes us anything anyway. I wish him all the best and it will be interesting to see how he does with DC United. I'll keep an eye on him. 

I am not sure why people got so upset when Rooney left. 

Someone said it felt like an arrow to the heart. Some were shedding tears. 

Three weeks later, he’s in a new job.

That just shows you that Rooney wasn’t some white knight.

His entire time here was calculated - it was all about Wayne Rooney and building Wayne Rooney’s reputation.

What sets him apart from Rowett or Lampard? Nothing in my eyes.

Let’s move on from the circus. There are better times ahead.

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Rooney did well here, he’s gone now so couldn’t care less what he does. 

Was thinking of a long post about Rooney, last year, letting it go for those saying it’s a bit quick but you know….

Yeah, thanks Wayne, I’m happy we’re plain old Derby County again.

33 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

What they said - Rooney didn't know Derby from a cup of tea before he joined, he then had curve ball after curve ball thrown at him and all through it we thanked him for sticking it out. As a manager he learned and grew, from a rather shaky start tbf, and constantly avoided getting dragged into what was a situation nobody could have wanted to be associated with.

Why was he here? Because he wants to do things in football - that might be to manage successfully but it seems louder than a ringing bell he wants to be an owner. It looked like we offered him that under the Kirchner proposal (and maybe even under the story Mel told to get him here in the first place). And that went away when Clowes came in.

Looks like he is set to get his wish at DC United, back to somewhere he knows and is appreciated. I don't hold one ounce of bitterness for him as a player or a manager - he went up in my estimations as a person while he was here as well.

And for us? We are still in business and looking forward to the next era. Maybe, just maybe, if Wayne hadn't stuck around like he had we might not be able to say that today. Best of luck, hope it works out for him.

I'm not bothered other than the money.  We've spent two years not getting the fees due.  A million for Rooney, a million a piece for the snakes and a decent tribunal fee for Ebiowei.  Pays Poznan and Bieliks fee for the year giving us flexibility on his future re fees, loans or paying his wages. We have the facility to get what's due now, so get it.

52 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

There is a big difference between being offered an interview and being offered a job.

There is, which is why Rowett and Lampard left and Rooney didn't.

You do realise you are actually arguing against yourself now???????????????

9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Not at all.

They have all left a job unfinished for something better in their eyes. They’re all the same.

You’re saying Rooney is different because he didn’t leave at the first opportunity, but to our knowledge, this is the first job he has been genuinely offered and in the running for, not just linked with.

32 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Rowett left because Stoke give him money to spend and Mel said those days were gone.  Then he gave Lampard the money from transfers to spend he told Rowett he couldn't. Once he'd spent it on a load of crap, he was gone.  Rooney stated on the radio he was employed by Derby and the ownership wouldn't dictate if he stayed.  Now he's gone. 

There all as bad as each other.  I'd probably view Rowett as the least bad of the bunch actually.  At least he turned down the Stoke job six months before and actually asked permission to speak to them rather than skulking round in the shadows lining s*** up. 

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Not at all.

They have all left a job unfinished for something better in their eyes. They’re all the same.

You’re saying Rooney is different because he didn’t leave at the first opportunity, but to our knowledge, this is the first job he has been genuinely offered and in the running for, not just linked with.

Bangs head against wall....

Rooney quit, at the point his preferred option for the takeover didn't materialise. He did not leave us for another role. Rowett, Lampard and even McClaren did. Simples!

It's really not a difficult concept to grasp, unless you're just here to argue back and forth. In which case, you win, whatever point it is you're making, I'm wrong, woo hoo, well done.

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There all as bad as each other.

What do you mean as bad as each other? What do you expect? Some manager comes to us, a club they have no affiliation to, and we pay them to do a job as an employer. Then, a while later, someone comes along and offers them more money and they take that - because they had no affiliation to us. Would you rather Clough stayed at Hartepools or Dave Mackay went to Hearts because it was his hometown club and where he started his career?

Or would you rather they just stick it out until the Chairman decides they are not a fit and shows the exact lack of loyalty to them that you are suggesting managers display? Clement, Pearson, Cocu might also suggest that's hardly the way forward either.

It's all a moot point anyway, that is how it is - you and me grumbling about it is going have the square root of diddly squat influence on it.