Wayne Rooney

roboto

I think I said a while ago that I would not have wanted him sacked because of the way he brought everyone together last year but last year’s task was so unique it provided basically zero insight into whether he would be able to get a side promoted so wouldn’t be upset with him walking.

Hold no bitterness towards him and am grateful for some amazing moments last season but fairly glad to have the Wayne Rooney circus and everything that it entails gone for a bit. Even more grateful that whatever he was cooking up with Kirchner didn’t happen.

Rooney resigns as DCFC manager on a Friday citing family reasons ?, On Monday Stretford reveals Triple SSS footed the £1.6million wages bill as a loan, The FA are investigating.

Collen Rooney says her time in Chicago is not a good life for her and her Children and they return home to England.

WR is reported to be the next Manager of DC United who have equalled the lowest points total in the USA Soccer League and lost 7-0 to Philadelphia over the weekend.

The words Liar liar pants on fire come to mind ?

Good luck to him.

At least he went at the right time. If he wasn’t committed then I’m happier that he left when he did rather than midway through recruitment or into the season itself. This way Liam’s been able to pick things straight up and run with them. 

Grateful to Rooney for all that he did for us last year. Without the performances on the pitch last season would have been unbearable. As it was we just about got through it all mentally/emotionally.

New season, new ownership, new chapter in our history. Good time for a new broom. I’m delighted we’re giving Liam the chance he deserves.

In the meantime, all the best to Wayne.

Pleased for Rooney & hope the move works out for him and his family. It was probably the case that his wages were the biggest obstacle to him staying at Derby.

He stayed with us far longer than we'd have expected someone of his stature to do given the state of the club. No bitterness at all & this doesn't tarnish last season one bit in my eyes. We're all moving on & I'm looking forward to the Rosenior era.

He was a good guy but no one knows if he’s Actually a good manager or not. 2 strange seasons where he did well but it will be interesting how he does without restrictions etc. Also would’ve been interesting to see how he would have done with some pressure on him eg promotion aims. Feels a bit of a backwards move for him to go back to the US. He can say goodbye to a premier league job for the next 2-3 years minimum. 

Nothing against him, he did a brilliant job in his time with us, he could have walked at any time last season and no one would have had any right to complain.  However I did find the timing of his resignation odd, especially when it all seemed to be coming together regarding the stadium and thus the club.  Like a few here I will probably not miss the circus that surrounded him.  We still have some consistency in LR, and the fear that he would lack the pulling power for recruitment has now been disproven.

Andrew

This is random. I feel a number of things will come out over the upcoming weeks/months.

The guy has just finished his new house (Last year/this year), has 4 kids and when he left he said it was about finishing his coaches badges and then 'doing some learning'.

In a matter of weeks he's now moving himself away from his family to manage in a retirement league. This isn't a challenge for his longer term credibility.

Very strange move IMO.

Follow the money, its that simple. I admired him for staying with us for so long, but i wasn't naive enough to think his wages didn't play a part. Confirmed for me when Clowes bought us and would be paying regular wages, he was gone at the drop of an hat. No axe to grind, he did ok with us, i would do the same if my field of work allowed. I do think he has made a mistake leaving us though, if Liam gets us up this season or next, his stock will be considerately higher than Rooney at DC united.

2 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Follow the money, its that simple. I admired him for staying with us for so long, but i wasn't naive enough to think his wages didn't play a part. Confirmed for me when Clowes bought us and would be paying regular wages, he was gone at the drop of an hat. No axe to grind, he did ok with us, i would do the same if my field of work allowed. I do think he has made a mistake leaving us though, if Liam gets us up this season or next, his stock will be considerately higher than Rooney at DC united.

He'd still got a year on his contract here, so would have been on whatever we were paying him - £90k or £2.50 - if he'd stayed! Rooney's stock is Rooney - if we didn't do well this season and he was in charge then it would affect it. 

Perhaps, like when he went to play out there, he's gone for the experience. He's a young manager at the start of what he no doubt hopes will be a long career.

Disappointed, he preached loyalty and in the end he wasn't himself. 

Countless times he said that he wanted to be the man to rebuild the club etc. 

To be honest though I think we have the brains behind it as our manager now. Very happy with Rosenior.