Wayne Rooney

roboto

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Who cares anymore. His time as a Ram is over.

I couldn’t care much less either unless, as @Gee SCREAMER !! suggests, compensation may be due because of the very short period. Having said that, whilst I’m sorry he’s gone, the club are probably just glad to have got his salary off our wage bill and certainly wouldn’t want to engage in any legal dispute. 

Time to move on. I’m grateful for what he did at Derby but that part of our history is now over.

Very strange. Hardly a step forward or something that will grow his reputation.

Sit on his hands a month or 2 and either some underperforming premier League team or an around top 6 championship side might try and bring him in.

Must be money, or something personal.

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

My take is that this is all too quick to have been decided since he resigned from Derby.

In which case, he was probably in talks with DC United behind our backs whilst under contract to us.

That doesn't sit comfortably with me, whatever he did for us last season.

If so, would we be due compensation?  Not sure how all that works tbh.   

I do think that it was a mutual decision for Rooney to go based on our wage restrictions and his reported wage - not to mention 32RED have ended their relationship with the club. I don't think he would've got anything close to that in the UK, so DC United makes sense to me. They can pay him an absolute fortune out there as the wage restrictions only apply to the playing staff. The MLS is s******* money at the moment too. 

I think it's a decent move for him, honestly. I also think that if we can move Bielik on loan to them that would be beneficial for all parties - something to keep an eye on maybe? 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

He was a good guy but no one knows if he’s Actually a good manager or not. 

So true.  

I suspect we now have the better of the two, in proper (on-pitch) football terms, but only time will tell, I guess... 

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I do think that it was a mutual decision for Rooney to go based on our wage restrictions and his reported wage - not to mention 32RED have ended their relationship with the club. I don't think he would've got anything close to that in the UK, so DC United makes sense to me. They can pay him an absolute fortune out there as the wage restrictions only apply to the playing staff. The MLS is s******* money at the moment too. 

I think it's a decent move for him, honestly. I also think that if we can move Bielik on loan to them that would be beneficial for all parties - something to keep an eye on maybe? 

But it wasn't mutual, he resigned. The administrators desperately tried to change his decision.

Edited by Rammy03

6 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Good luck to him-if a company i worked for had a new boss and didnt fancy working under his regime id be off-Lets not be bitter its life

I don't necessarily think it's Rooney not wanting to work under Clowes, I think it's just the timing of the whole Kirchner thing and the manner in which it collapsed. It was certain that he would be the new owner and he most likely made certain promises to Rooney. The way it dragged out and players started leaving the club I think Rooney just got fed up in the end.

we all give praise and he deserved it, putting up with the nightmare of morris decision to put club into admin. he was a leader of the team... the fans.. the work staff etc etc. he could have walked out end of last season when we was relegated  but he didnt. a true leader that was going to take us back up, i heard him say he was staying to help us get back up to championship .............

then quits to be with his family... un timley but understandable after his few years here......

now boarding a plane for the yanky dollar. 

cathrine-tate.gif

Edited by OUTSIDER