The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

How does everyone know that what Plange posted meant Ebiowei was off. 

At the time he posted it he can't have played many games. 

'Pending...' more likely means first start or first goal, not a move to crystal palace. Why would palace have been interested in him that early.

I think everyone is getting hung up on something they don't know for sure is the truth.

Ebiowei has had a fabulous start so I don’t know why a PL club would not sign him. At the very least they can loan him out to a championship club and see how good he gets in the next 12 months. He’s got a much more complete game than Festy right now 

Sadly I think many would tell him that’d be a better footballing option for him than div 1 and it’ll certainly be a better option for him financially 

Edited by kevinhectoring

Easy to say, but see who actually stays up until the time we can offer contracts.

Maybe Davies and a few older players who have nothing better on the table.

I'd say a lot of other players will be offered better wages at a higher level than we are able, and that temptation will be too great to turn down.

This applies to prospective signings as well, in an era when so many players are being jettisoned a contract is a contract.

Lawrence is out the door. He's not going to drop £25k a week when WBA etc are offering him closer to his current salary and an opportunity to play at the top end of the championship.

You'd hope the likes of Cashin, Thompson and co. who have come through our academy would see decent pathways with us and stay. Someone like Ebiowei who isn't a long term academy player might be more tempted to jump to another club.

Best case scenario we manage to get the takeover over the line quickly and keep a fair few/attract a couple of our top targets, but more likely we'll keep a handful, chase a few loans, and then rummage through free agents in July to put together a makeshift team together.

Can only realistically see Davies, Cashin, Thompson and Morrison of our established first teamers staying right now, maybe Forsyth and Stearman, and then a handful of the 23s. 

If things change and we can hold on to a few of Alsop, Byrne and more kids others great, but let's just be happy if we survive and just look forward to a rebuild.

I'm sure Wazza will find a bargain or 2, and more talented kids will emerge from the academy.

We can't pay his wages and shouldn't even try to match or even close to what we've been paying him when we're in League 1. Surely a relegated Prem team or someone like Stoke just shake their magic money tree and create a big fat contract and that's that. (then summon the Non-debt fairy to make it all go away).

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not a Sibley fan myself I'm afraid. Nothing personal against him but I don't think he's good enough. 

He’s not had enough run of games to be able to be judged in my opinion.

He’s too good for U23’s the majority of the time but can’t get a run in the first team.

I can understand your opinion though, Rowett wanted to take him.

On 25/04/2022 at 10:29, Rample said:

Easy to say, but see who actually stays up until the time we can offer contracts.

Maybe Davies and a few older players who have nothing better on the table.

I'd say a lot of other players will be offered better wages at a higher level than we are able, and that temptation will be too great to turn down.

This applies to prospective signings as well, in an era when so many players are being jettisoned a contract is a contract.

Lawrence is out the door. He's not going to drop £25k a week when WBA etc are offering him closer to his current salary and an opportunity to play at the top end of the championship.

You'd hope the likes of Cashin, Thompson and co. who have come through our academy would see decent pathways with us and stay. Someone like Ebiowei who isn't a long term academy player might be more tempted to jump to another club.

Best case scenario we manage to get the takeover over the line quickly and keep a fair few/attract a couple of our top targets, but more likely we'll keep a handful, chase a few loans, and then rummage through free agents in July to put together a makeshift team together.

Can only realistically see Davies, Cashin, Thompson and Morrison of our established first teamers staying right now, maybe Forsyth and Stearman, and then a handful of the 23s. 

If things change and we can hold on to a few of Alsop, Byrne and more kids others great, but let's just be happy if we survive and just look forward to a rebuild.

I'm sure Wazza will find a bargain or 2, and more talented kids will emerge from the academy.

Ebosele's wages are not that great at Udinese. I think he jumped too soon.

Edited by PistoldPete

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

He’s not had enough run of games to be able to be judged in my opinion.

He’s too good for U23’s the majority of the time but can’t get a run in the first team.

True, but he always looks a liability for bookings or worse when he plays IMO.

How often have the matchday threads said that he's losing his head when he gets niggled by the opposition?. Teams are deliberately targeting him, admittedly, but his record of a booking every other game just isn't good enough and has caused the attention from opposing players.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

How often have the matchday threads said that he's losing his head when he gets niggled by the opposition?. Teams are deliberately targeting him, admittedly, but his record of a booking every other game just isn't good enough and has caused the attention from opposing players.

Rooney had to learn not to react, he’s the best teacher in that department.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

So, no different to double red carded Lawrence then? Sibley has age on his side to develop and grow so hopefully will learn to control this part of his character, as Lawrence should have done by now......

I definitely fall in the camp that if Lawrence isn't playing then Sibley should.

Edited by Rich84
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

So, no different to double red carded Lawrence then? Sibley has age on his side to develop and grow so hopefully will learn to control this part of his character, as Lawrence should have done by now......

I definitely fall in the camp that if Lawrence isn't playing then Sibley should.

The problem with Sibley last season and early this season was conceding silly free kicks in dangerous areas at crucial times in the game. I think this is why Rooney doesn't trust him. Hopefully he cuts this out as there is definite potential there.