The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

8 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Been trying to think of a name for the team this year and having been watching the snooker and hearing a lot about O Sullivan,Higgins,and Willo,and the class of 92,have come up with this "Wayne Rooney and his class of 22",has a nice ring about it  dont you think.

Title of the Netflix documentary ? 

On 30/04/2022 at 09:44, Malagaram said:

Been trying to think of a name for the team this year and having been watching the snooker and hearing a lot about O Sullivan,Higgins,and Willo,and the class of 92,have come up with this "Wayne Rooney and his class of 22",has a nice ring about it  dont you think.

How about "The class of minus 21"?

Eh?  Eh? 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b8fc8fsywl9if8uupj4o

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

My brother is in the directors box at Celtic today and swears Tom Lawrence is sitting two rows in front of him.

He's the player that I least expect to stay, he'd have to take the biggest wage drop of the whole squad and would probably get the best contract elsewhere. Add to that what little chance of gaining a potential place in the national team wouldn't be best served playing Lg1 football.

I'm not that sure that his game would be suited to Lg1, either.

10 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

What needs to happen to enable players to be resigned? Do we need to have come out of admin with takeover done? 

Once the green light be given rooney can final start offer new contracts to people and then maybe we can offer lawance a new deal if he was to leave I wish him well.

On 30/04/2022 at 09:44, Malagaram said:

I would personally go with the class of '19 - when the U18s won the league title. 

Cashin, Buchanan, McDonald, Festy, Bird, Tommo, Knight, Sibley and Stretton were all a part of that squad.

On 22/04/2022 at 19:42, PistoldPete said:

Oh of course. Lawrence, Roos and Byrne all have their contracts expiring and al on high wages. So they need to take big pay cut to stay.  

I think pretty much every player will need to take a cut considering League 1 has a salary cap.  I think we’ll need to plan without the likes of those above conserve wages they must be on.  It will give us some wiggle room…

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would personally go with the class of '19 - when the U18s won the league title. 

Cashin, Buchanan, McDonald, Festy, Bird, Tommo, Knight, Sibley and Stretton were all a part of that squad.

Nice romantic idea.

Where are the goals coming from?

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I like this idea. I won’t be mourning the loss of £25k a week players. If we could add some Pace, Power and goals up front . I rate the lad Morris from Barnsley , he gave Cashin a tough time.But we might have to crowdfund to get him.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I like this idea. I won’t be mourning the loss of £25k a week players. If we could add some Pace, Power and goals up front . I rate the lad Morris from Barnsley , he gave Cashin a tough time.But we might have to crowdfund to get him.

After an early occasion where he spun off cashin and had a good shot saved I thought cashin handled him very well. And was very robust in his challenges on him. In fact Morris was so pissed off that he had been kicked he barged allsop over late on.

To be fair he does look like a decent player.

but so does cashin. 

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I think pretty much every player will need to take a cut considering League 1 has a salary cap.  I think we’ll need to plan without the likes of those above conserve wages they must be on.  It will give us some wiggle room…

The salary cap was withdrawn last year.  The PFA challenged it as there was no consultation with it’s members so it was deemed illegal.  That’s come as a bit of a surprise that the EFL introduced a rule/regulation that didn’t comply with the law!!

5 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

The salary cap was withdrawn last year.  The PFA challenged it as there was no consultation with it’s members so it was deemed illegal.  That’s come as a bit of a surprise that the EFL introduced a rule/regulation that didn’t comply with the law!!

This is why there needs to be a statutory basis for the regulator to regulate within. 

I know I bang on about financial services as it's been my career, but football could learn. 

The primary legislation forces the regulator to formally consult on any rule changes. It also sets out the process by which this must be done in order to avoid gaming of the system. 

The efl aren't behaving at all like an industry regulatory authority, more like a golf club committee deciding who should be blackballed purely by reference to personal gripes and vendettas. 

Sack them all. 

5 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I had no idea that had happened...

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

But the EFL will put a salary cap on us as part of their business plan.

The EFL will instruct us to pay the players no more than the minimum wage of £10 per hour x 90 minutes per week, which will equate to £15 per week or £30 per week, if we have a midweek game. ?