The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

7 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

The salary cap was withdrawn last year.  The PFA challenged it as there was no consultation with it’s members so it was deemed illegal.  That’s come as a bit of a surprise that the EFL introduced a rule/regulation that didn’t comply with the law!!

The proposed changes to P&S and the L1/2 equivalent (SCMP) were withdrawn.

L1 and L2 still continue to follow the financial rules they already had in place. For us, that would be 70% of turnover (where the owner can inject as much money in as he wants). Various exclusions and inclusions, most significantly, Bielik's wages being excluded, along with anyone else who signed their contract before the September just gone.

16 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

?

Depressing but he's right to manage expectations and it's easy for players to say that they want to stay publicly but still instruct their agent to find them a move or get badgered into it by an agent looking for a cut on a transfer. There never was going to be a situation where everyone stays and we simply can't afford the higher wage earners and some of the younger stars will get poached.

We just need to get a deal done on the club so we can at least tie players that we need down to contracts so if we have to sell anyone else then we can do so from the position of a club no longer in crisis and can stop other clubs taking the piss and get proper value for our playing assets for once if they do decide to move on.

Still need to have a viable squad for next year though and there is little or no dead wood so if we let people go then we will need to plough any fees back into building a balanced squad. Big rebuild required in the junior ranks too. Good chunks of our junior teams are playing against much older players because we are so stretched and each tier has been poached to make up numbers in the tier above. We need to help them out and reinforce them to allow them to develop and be competitive in their own leagues.

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

Depressing but he's right to manage expectations and it's easy for players to say that they want to stay publicly but still instruct their agent to find them a move or get badgered into it by an agent looking for a cut on a transfer. There never was going to be a situation where everyone stays and we simply can't afford the higher wage earners and some of the younger stars will get poached.

We just need to get a deal done on the club so we can at least tie players that we need down to contracts so if we have to sell anyone else then we can do so from the position of a club no longer in crisis and can stop other clubs taking the piss and get proper value for our playing assets for once if they do decide to move on.

Still need to have a viable squad for next year though and there is little or no dead wood so if we let people go then we will need to plough any fees back into building a balanced squad. Big rebuild required in the junior ranks too. Good chunks of our junior teams are playing against much older players because we are so stretched and each tier has been poached to make up numbers in the tier above. We need to help them out and reinforce them to allow them to develop and be competitive in their own leagues.

That was always the case to anyone clear minded.  I'm not sure how clear minded he was insisting an entire squad wanted to stay.  One or Two players will have to leave indicates those under contract worth a few quid as well as those on frees.  Probably need that cash to clear an agreed creditor debt figure at a certain date or provide more movement on wages as we basically need 15-20 players of a decent standard.  The Lawrences, Bieliks, Byrnes etc on 15-20k a week were never going to be here next season  .   To be honest I'd be wondering how that happened if they were. 

26 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Well that's a goodbye if ever I've heard one.

Best of luck wherever you end up, Tom, and thanks for your efforts this season ?

Probably to one of the teams coming down. Flashes of brilliance this season but not consistent enough to keep us up. Only 2 pens to show for all the away games this season. Over 4 years probably not worth £5 mill or £27 k a week.

36 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Best of luck wherever you end up, Tom, and thanks for your efforts this season ?

Yep, but change is good.

Excited to see what squad we start the season with. Not expecting any stellar signings, but a bit of old-fashioned pragmatism might be needed alongside the excitement of youth.

Let’s face it, whilst we have done well in difficult circumstances, we have been losing lots of games for a couple of years now and we can’t really say keeping the same players would yield a different result next season.

48 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

One poster said that he'd been spotted at Celtic, that would be a good move for him, playing for an attacking team against mainly inferior opposition to show off his talents and playing in the champions league, what's not to like?

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

I think you're probably right. He didn't say at any moment that he would be leaving, but more importantly he didn't say that he would be trying to find a way of staying.

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Looks like Fozzy was saying goodbye today when he went off. 10 years is a long time at one club . The last of Nigel signings. If he has had a decent offer you cannot blame him for taking it - his family need some security.

His missus posted this on her Insta earlier. In reply to every comment, she posted a black and a white heart.

Screenshot_20220507-183824_Instagram.jpg

I’m trying to be avoid being a negative Nelly (no offence to anyone called Nelly) but Radio Derby seemed to think it was significant that every player asked on stage at the award said they wanted to stay. Well duh…… They’re hardly likely to say anything else at such an event. 

In reality, I’m sure there are some that would like to stay but you couldn’t blame them for taking another offer if the takeover takes too much longer and the club can’t offer them extensions.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m trying to be avoid being a negative Nelly (no offence to anyone called Nelly) but Radio Derby seemed to think it was significant that every player asked on stage at the award said they wanted to stay. Well duh…… They’re hardly likely to say anything else at such an event. 

In reality, I’m sure there are some that would like to stay but you couldn’t blame them for taking another offer if the takeover takes too much longer and the club can’t offer them extensions.

If the 6k wage cap is true you can't knock any of them that are being offered more if they do leave, they have families and I know football is very well paid but it's also a very short career, fair play to all for the fight this season and good luck to any that do move on. 

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If the 6k wage cap is true you can't knock any of them that are being offered more if they do leave, they have families and I know football is very well paid but it's also a very short career, fair play to all for the fight this season and good luck to any that do move on. 

I’ve not kept up with all the moving and shaking recently, where has there been mention of a £6k wage cap? 

43 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Looks like Fozzy was saying goodbye today when he went off. 10 years is a long time at one club . The last of Nigel signings. If he has had a decent offer you cannot blame him for taking it - his family need some security.

Hope not, I'd play him over Stearman (one of the few players I'd be happy to move on, it's clear that Rooney doesn't trust him)  at CB every day of the week even if he isn't an accomplished CB: he knows his limitations and performs to his best without (usually) making stupid mistakes.

Think if Rooney played Forsyth more in away games we'd have taken this season until the last day even of it didn't turn out to be enough 

Club legend and deserves more than clapping off.

Edited by Coconut's Beard