The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I would really like to be wrong but I have heard that a couple of the youngsters who we would really want to re-sign/ extend are currently declining which would be very sad and in addition the EFL are intimating that we will not be allowed to sign anyone until we exit administration and they are indicating that we will need to play what existing first team player we have left and youngsters from the under 18s under 20s under 23s if we have any left - I have no idea what youngsters we have who are allowed to play? 

that's what Bolton had to do

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I would really like to be wrong but I have heard that a couple of the youngsters who we would really want to re-sign/ extend are currently declining which would be very sad and in addition the EFL are intimating that we will not be allowed to sign anyone until we exit administration and they are indicating that we will need to play what existing first team player we have left and youngsters from the under 18s under 20s under 23s if we have any left - I have no idea what youngsters we have who are allowed to play? 

Have you checked the retained players thread?

24 minutes ago, Tombo said:

With the club in disarray, and the strength of agents in the modern game, anyone who wants to leave will get their wish one way or another.

The ways and means in which they do it is irrelevant

It isn't irrelevant,  because if they are successful in terminating their contracts with the change of ownership then there is less value in the business to warrant a buyer shelling out the cash, and no potential income by selling them to rebuild the squad.

This is possibly the straw that breaks the camels back and forces liquidation.

40 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

It isn't irrelevant,  because if they are successful in terminating their contracts with the change of ownership then there is less value in the business to warrant a buyer shelling out the cash, and no potential income by selling them to rebuild the squad.

This is possibly the straw that breaks the camels back and forces liquidation.

Yes of course it matters in that regard. I just mean that we're at the mercy of the players for the most part.

It would be nice to make some money out of it and it’s shame the money that we possibly will get would be peanuts given the circumstances but any player that isn’t 100% committed to the cause, for me, can gladly go. 

It’s sad really, because Davies clearly loves the club - and I’m sure he wants to stay at a place that he himself has said is “his home” now, having been here for so long and been through so much. But at his age, every season could be his last, and he’ll want to make sure he’s got somewhere to play next year. With no resolution to this mess in sight, I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get a Championship contract in a week or so’s time. He’s still good enough as a backup at that level, and a great character to have in the dressing room.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

They may all want to stay, but they’re all going. Mels legacy was meant be the academy. Spunked £50 mil on it for it to be ripped apart by the vultures. Absolute shambles 

Might as well shut it if the premiership clubs are allowed to walk in  and take who they want for next to nothing - sure have one in the premiership but I struggle to see the value against the cost in the past ten years 

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Might as well shut it if the premiership clubs are allowed to walk in  and take who they want for next to nothing - sure have one in the premiership but I struggle to see the value against the cost in the past ten years 

Totally agree mate 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The problem here is not being able to offer contracts and keep the youngsters. Fees would be completely different if they were all on 2+ year deals.

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The problem here is not being able to offer contracts and keep the youngsters. Fees would be completely different if they were all on 2+ year deals.

It's effectively a whole load of soft fines. 

So triple jeopardy (if not quadruple) for our ultimately determined "breaches". 

It's like being fined for speeding, then losing your licence because of the points, then losing your job as you can't drive and ultimately your house because you can't afford it..... 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I absolutely agree and makes me so angry that we can’t tie up youngsters with a contract that protects the club