The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

Will be interesting to see how Ebiowei to palace plays out. That will be the first sign of whether we get fee due to players being under 24 or not.

If they turn down an offer from us of the same contract they are on, we should be getting some form of compensation

To my knowledge we couldn't offer contracts but they were still on the retained list. 

The options for Ebiowei are

-Absolutely nothing and treated as if we released him

-A very nominal development fee

-Agreed compensation between Palace and Q to avoid any FA involvement or delay

-Tribunal to set a fee which would probably be a few hundred thousand and add ons.

6 hours ago, Rample said:

Will be interesting to see how Ebiowei to palace plays out. That will be the first sign of whether we get fee due to players being under 24 or not.

If they turn down an offer from us of the same contract they are on, we should be getting some form of compensation

To my knowledge we couldn't offer contracts but they were still on the retained list. 

The options for Ebiowei are

-Absolutely nothing and treated as if we released him

-A very nominal development fee

-Agreed compensation between Palace and Q to avoid any FA involvement or delay

-Tribunal to set a fee which would probably be a few hundred thousand and add ons.

The retained list showed we have offered him and a number of other youngsters deals. We are 100% entitled to compensation (tribunal), or we can waive it if we agree to a figure with Palace.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Looks like it is going to be WBA for Tom Lawrence . I can remember him scoring a nice goal there under Lampard when we gave them a good hiding. Tom scored a few good goals , and these should be his most productive years. See what happens.

It's Alan Nixon saying that he's going there. Other reports say otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

To be honest, did any us really believe they all wanted to? All those weeks ago when asked, especially those asked in front of an audience at the awards night, are hardly likely to say nah, I’m off.

To be fair I think if the takeover was done weeks ago, even months ago like it should have been, Rooney wouldn't have walked and most of the players would have signed new contracts I'm absolutely certain of it

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

To be fair I think if the takeover was done weeks ago, even months ago like it should have been, Rooney wouldn't have walked and most of the players would have signed new contracts I'm absolutely certain of it

Maybe but I can’t help feeling some would have walked anyway for higher wages and/or the chance to play at a higher level. 

6 minutes ago, alram said:

even if lawrence wanted to stay there is no way we can afford him

Maybe he understands the contract situation and the pay situation and maybe he actually likes it at Derby and maybe he wants to help Derby to get back to the championship or maybe he is saying goodbye to everyone and collecting his boots - we can afford him if he wants it that way 

28 minutes ago, alram said:

i certainly hope so

but the reality is if lawrence is willing to reduce his wage demands to stay with us a load of championship clubs will throw money at him

Different rules for different clubs - anyway time will tell where he plays football