Blackburn Away Match Thread

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Really cretinous the way we allowed them back into the game and got the crowd behind them afte being booed off at half time.

This time can't blame the Ref, Gibson, the EFL or any bugger else. 

No just a team that didn’t switch on, to a pretty rubbish opponent that just had a rocket up their ass! Car crash in every respect, we came out half asleep and they were full throttle. You could see it coming every step.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

They could bring Dack Gallagher and Giles off the bench that’s the difference. First half we were excellent Blackburn were shocking. That Lawrence chance was huge!! Could’ve done better but very good keeping. 

Second half they came out and threw the kitchen sink and we couldn’t cope. Didn’t manage game, we didn’t defend set pieces. 

Difficult now but before Barnsley game we said it was all over. Lots of twists and turns but we have to win 5 out of last 8 now to have any chance - that’s the reality 

I had both Bournemouth and Blackburn down for zero points but with the injuries as well you can’t help feel this could have been a decisive night 

There was the 2 chances, Lawrence yes but if Buchanan had just looked up and squared the ball across Morrison would have had a tap in….we should have gone in at the very least 2 goals up….

Game management killed us. Their first was criminal but then at that point with their tails up we needed someone to go down holding their head. Suck 10 mins out the game, kill the atmosphere and go from there. Not saying that would’ve made a difference but them first 15 minutes in the second half was painful viewing.

For the remaining games we need to get the senior pros back in. Too many youngsters at the minute who do not have the know-how and it showed in the second half.

Allsopp

Byrne        Davies         Stearman       Forsyth

Bielik

Knight            Morrison

Ebosele             Plange                Lawrence

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Lawrence, yes, but that's bloody harsh on Bird and Thompson who were moving the ball around well most of the game. 

Bird was decent tonight, but Thompson was out of his depth especially 2nd half and taking the easy option or being bundled off the ball constantly. 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

For the remaining games we need to get the senior pros back in. Too many youngsters at the minute who do not have the know-how and it showed in the second half.

Allsopp

Bielik

Not plange please. No point in developing him any further when he will not be here next season

23 minutes ago, jed27 said:

If Derby County was my girlfriend she’d promise a night of unbelievable sex (and would absolutely be capable of it) but also be a chronic migraine sufferer.

19 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

If Derby County was my girlfriend she’d lack the physicality required.

If Derby County was my girlfriend, I'd be looking forward to Saturday, and joining in on more of that "Come on Derby" that we've all been enjoying this season.  

24 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Couldn't handle Gallagher. 

He bullied every one of that back 5 for 45 mins, and getting stuck into Allsopp straight away set the scene. 

On a positive note, Max Bird is captain matrrial based on tonights performance. He's matured and looks like someone the club can build a team around. 

Funny how we see things as fans. I’m not going to dig anybody out after the effort the players have put in this season but Bird has dropped off significantly for me in the 2nd half of the season and doesn’t strike me as a natural leader at all. If I was having to put money on it i don’t think he will play above championship level. Will Hughes was a a far superior version of Bird and he’s been a bit of an in out player at lower premier league level with Watford and Palace. 

The trap door is starting to close and we’re running short of games now.

I still hope we can save ourselves, but we need a huge run of results to pull it off.

Shame as we’d given it a good go, but we’ve been struggling since mid Feb. 

So onto the next one in the hope that we can get a result. Really need to find a formula that works again!

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

There was the 2 chances, Lawrence yes but if Buchanan had just looked up and squared the ball across Morrison would have had a tap in….we should have gone in at the very least 2 goals up….

Yes and we had moments in the second half as well where we made bad calls. Buchanan had another one second half. 
Not bashing Lawrence as some are though he wasn’t at his best tonight. 

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Allsopp

Bielik

Thought Bird and Cashin were 2 of our better players tonight….

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Bird was decent tonight, but Thompson was out of his depth especially 2nd half and taking the easy option or being bundled off the ball constantly. 

Thompson kept us in the game late in the second half with a brilliant tackle on the edge of our penalty area when Blackburn broke. 

The kid's got guts and doesn't deserve to be singled out on that performance. 

3 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Funny how we see things as fans. I’m not going to dig anybody out after the effort the players have put in this season but Bird has dropped off significantly for me in the 2nd half of the season and doesn’t strike me as a natural leader at all. If I was having to put money on it i don’t think he will play above championship level. Will Hughes was a a far superior version of Bird and he’s been a bit of an in out player at lower premier league level with Watford and Palace. 

You say that after Bird pretty much ran the game in the first half. He’s a big talent who is still very young.

Hughes is only a bit part player as he’s struggled with injuries. Watford fans saying he should be getting an England call up, Palace when he started his first game got MOM.