Blackburn Away Match Thread

56 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

On a positive note, the best pie I have had this season and as has been pointed out by LeedsRam, the celebration for our goal was worth the trip alone. oh and I was back home in Crewe in just over an hour.  Looking forward to Saturday with renewed hope.

Good effort. 53 minutes for me back to Yorkshire Dales.......despite a motorway closure and diversion enroute!

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

And how many of them were Derby fans?

Honestly, it's pathetic. There must be some very rich owners out there subsidising these clubs.

Just checked and they're still owned by the Venkys an Indian organisation who deal in food and Pharma, Value $1.5 billion, They must be pi$$ing money out ?‍♂️

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Honestly, it's pathetic. There must be some very rich owners out there subsidising these clubs.

To be fair Alan Shearer wasn’t playing. I think the missing 20,000 from their premiership attendances were probably busy or in a meeting. If you think how much they have spent on players like Ben Brer Rabbit Diaz then you can see on those gates why we are cheats and public enemy number one. Mind you, I’m sure if someone like Stoke sold their ground to themselves for 70 odd million the EFL and Boro would be all over it and there would be embargoes and tribunals galore. I’m glad the EFL are there to ensure everything is fair and above board. 

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Judging by ticket sales pre match (some walk ups also) & what Blackburn fans we spoke to estimated, we brought around 1500 which means 11k Blackburn fans there last night - for a team that is 4th in the league. Apparently the Venkys have settled down since their publicity hungry days but are still funding a massively loss making club - club is £165m in debt so one of their fans told me ?

Also explains why our club is still attractive to 'investors' given our natural advantage over most of this division - financial controls & proper long term plan on the playing side will reward a preferred bidder with a Premiership windfall.

Last night was indeed hugely disappointing and another missed opportunity. And it’s all been said really. 

Once we were hit with the points deductions I feared the worst and just hoped that we didn’t throw in the towel but put up a respectable fight for the rest of the season.
We have done so much more than that and my expectations have been blown out of the water. 

Despite everything I have loved this season and the fight and togetherness that we’ve seen has been fantastic and at times, emotional. 

I know that mathematically we aren’t yet down and we will continue to battle on. But this squad can be proud of themselves whatever the outcome. 

Kudos to all those fans that have traveled away regularly and given their full support to the team. 

Survival as a Club is the number one priority. League 1 might be fun. 

14 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

I just struggle to see what he achieves, he plays almost in front of the left back?

Seems to really struggle moving the ball forwards as well, and strength an issue too. No one wants to have a go is at least four games I can think of where has been noticeably our weakest player. 

Hope he comes again but just feels not the time to be carrying people.

you do know which one Liam Thompson is dont you? because your not describing the Liam Thompson ive been watching

19 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

you do know which one Liam Thompson is dont you? because your not describing the Liam Thompson ive been watching

We used him very effectively as an out ball sat just ahead of the left back position last night in the first half. It was an obvious ploy and it worked well to negate the Blackburn press.

However when they shuffled their pack at half time they used Gallagher to block that option and it  was part of the reason we got hemmed in early in the 2nd half. Unfortunately by the time we responded to that we had surrendered our lead and found ourselves chasing the game. 

33 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

In those mad 15 mins at the start of the second half Lawrence was doing his best to WIND UP Gallagher, what a stupid prat he is.

His contribution to our cause is to get sent off ,miss 3 games and last night did nothing apart from missing a sitter. What a plonker.

Aye, he's not got much 'upstairs' has Tom, strength of a carthorse, speed of a racehorse and the brains of a rocking horse.

Blackburn sold their training ground to another company owned by Venkys for £17M just before the EFL outlawed the use of fixed asset sales to offset FFP losses.

Strange how social media isn't flooded with Forest, Leeds, Brum, Bristol, Coventry, Luton, or even Burnley and Preston fans accusing Blackburn of breaking rules that weren't in place at the time they 'broke' them......

1 hour ago, Hector was the best said:

In those mad 15 mins at the start of the second half Lawrence was doing his best to WIND UP Gallagher, what a stupid prat he is.

His contribution to our cause is to get sent off ,miss 3 games and last night did nothing apart from missing a sitter. What a plonker.

Blah blah blah, were you saying the same when he was banging the goals in ? Give the guy a break…

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I'd interested to know how close Blackburn are to breaching FFP regulations on gates like that and conversely with gates of a far larger magnitude why then we fell foul of them.