Blackburn Away Match Thread

Has one been done yet?

If not, here it is.

Bound to be a goal fest - Simon Garner v Bobby Davison. It’s on Tuesday or Wednesday at Ewood Park. We never win there, except when we do.

EFL have decided to give Blackburn a penalty that wins them the game. There’s an email probably. We will fight to the end though. 

COYR

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Still have memories of David Speedie doing us over in the playoffs.

Must be the most obnoxious football player ever

Yeah I remember him being the hate figure for a good while in the early 90s, my first "big game" experience was being knocked out by Blackburn in the playoffs (1992?) and Speedie being chased of the BBG pitch and down the tunnel to the dressing rooms ?

I would like to see them try Curtis as the centre forward. Put Stearman in his place and play Curtis upfront. Might be worth a try?

We played OK at Bournemouth but hardly created any chances. Plange has gone off the boil and I can't remember the last time CKR delivered anything. 

Also, since Curtis has moved to the right side he seems to be prone to more defensive errors. 

15 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

@Unlucky Alf at it again ??

Not quite Hinton, He wasn't very popular, There was a Derby lad(DLF)who locked himself in the loud speaker announcers room at the BBG, Some nice words were said until they broke the door down and got him out ?, Then there was Kenny Miller who was chased around PP car park, Rob Hindmarch being floored in the Dolphin pub in Derby when bumping into a Derby lad, Telling him "do you know who I am", Best have said nowt Rob.

One last one, Nigel Callaghan thanking certain DLF lads for saving his skin when messing around with the owner of a pub on sadler gate, His Father owns his own pub The John Thompson ?, His Son asked his bouncers to sort him out, News got back to certain lads, A visit was made to the Bell and were told to back off, A couple of days later a black BMW parked up outside the Bell, Some unknowns went it, Then came out ?on the instuctions of Uncle Bob

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Blackburn are an energetic team so we firstly need to match that. Mowbray always sets up to press us high up  and stop us playing out from the back. We need to counteract this or it will be our undoing as it has been in the past against them.

Possibly start with CKR and go long and then get men around him. Play the football that were capable of in their half. Early goal for us could be essential. They are on a poor run of form and this would unsettle the home faithful.