Blackburn Away Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Thompson kept us in the game late in the second half with a brilliant tackle on the edge of our penalty area when Blackburn broke. 

The kid's got guts and doesn't deserve to be singled out on that performance. 

He wasn't singled out...he was one of several players named as playing badly. 

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Other teams have seen how we play and if they press they know we always have a mistake in us.

They twigged pretty quick at the start of the second half and that was us done after that. 

Not sure why they didn't play Gallagher from the start either unless he's coming back from injury as he destroyed us.

22 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Respectfully speaking. I never want to see Buchanan in a Derby shirt ever again. 

I would not care if Tom Lawrence goes too.

Ridiculous.

Tom Lawrence will be going. Really don’t understand the Buchanan hate, in fact any of the grief flying around for our youngsters tonight. We have the nucleus of a very good young team, but are currently naive and inconsistent. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't fanny around with the ball at the back. That would be a good start. 

Worked well first half. First 15 mins of second half should’ve played the situation and gone longer. That’s cost us really 15 mins in second half. Game management which is going to be an issue with a young team

Thought Thompson did well tonight but probably should’ve brought Bielik on to give us some more physicality. Maybe not fit enough.

I think we’re seeing that we just don’t quite have enough to overcome a 21 point deduction 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

They twigged pretty quick at the start of the second half and that was us done after that. 

Not sure why they didn't play Gallagher from the start either unless he's coming back from injury as he destroyed us.

Poor Mowbray selection. My mate is a Rovers season ticket holder. Was calling for Mowbray to be sacked at half time. Changed his tune now 

I’m not sure why people have to start slating players after the effort they’ve all given so far. 

Im sure at some point this season any true Derby fan would have said whatever happens, I’m proud to be a Ram. 

Edited by Bald Eagle's Barmy Army

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Tom Lawrence will be going. Really don’t understand the Buchanan hate, in fact any of the grief flying around for our youngsters tonight. We have the nucleus of a very good young team, but are currently naive and inconsistent. 

Fans lashing out with frustration, there has to be someone to blame…

41 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The game should have been out of Blackburn’s reach by half time, but we didn’t take our chances. Captain Tom looked disinterested tonight, post holiday blues perhaps. Please stop dicking around at the back and just launch the ducker.

The first half was good because we played out from the back and broke through their lines but then you want us to just launch the ball second half?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The first half was good because we played out from the back and broke through their lines but then you want us to just launch the ball second half?

I agree but that was predominantly down to Blackburn giving our defenders the freedom of Lancashire in the first half to pass it around at leisure.

When they came out in the second half and starting pressing us then we went to pieces and had no answer. 

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m not sure why people have to start slating players after the effort they’ve all given so far. 

Im sure at some point this season any true Derby fan would have said whatever happens, I’m proud to be a Ram. 

I think the reason is how stark the contrast was tonight compared with a season where we have shown lots of guts and pulled results out of the fire against the odds.

For whatever reason, tonight was the opposite. Decent start, deserved lead.

Then capitulated for 10 mins and mentally were a shambles as Blackburn bullied us. They coasted and we looked totally clueless really.  Last minute injury and a decisive goal instead of the hoped-for rallying cry and last minute heroism. 

Tough watch. Feels like a crushing blow and a bit of a whimper after the way we have roared in defiance. 

Saturday is massive now.