A refereeing conspiracy?

IslandExile

31 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

Yes, I thought you'd bring that one up. You have to remember VAR is administered by referees and, again, is down to perception. And with or without VAR, referees can take the easy way out from big decisions.

Exactly. So all VAR does is shift the decision from one incompetent judge to another, more remote, incompetent judge while slowing the game down.

It works far better in other sports - cricket, tennis, rugby - where there are natural breaks in play.

Edited by IslandExile

Final one from me tonight on this, but I do tend to think big decisions s go against us because we are struggling and there’s an air of us being a bit desperate and hopeful on those decisions. Good example is Ebosele before the goal tonight, it’s probably a free kick but he’s looking for it and there’s an air of desperation about how he goes down. Refs regularly turn a blind eye to stuff like that, you have to be smarter and have a bit more nous than what Ebosele did imo. Again it’s down to having inexperienced players that we don’t influence refs enough.

The poor ref decisions is an add on in how the EFL have dealt with our situation or not allowing us to renew Jags or sign anyone in January. They’ve done everything they can do to ensure our relegation.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Final one from me tonight on this, but I do tend to think big decisions s go against us because we are struggling and there’s an air of us being a bit desperate and hopeful on those decisions. Good example is Ebosele before the goal tonight, it’s probably a free kick but he’s looking for it and there’s an air of desperation about how he goes down. Refs regularly turn a blind eye to stuff like that, you have to be smarter and have a bit more nous than what Ebosele did imo. Again it’s down to having inexperienced players that we don’t influence refs enough.

The poor ref decisions is an add on in how the EFL have dealt with our situation or not allowing us to renew Jags or sign anyone in January. They’ve done everything they can do to ensure our relegation.

Agreed. Getting kicked on the foot and going down holding your knee isn't going to win you too many free kicks.

From what I can tell most refs are just useless, weak little cowardly bar stewards who can't stand up to bullies so just give them what they want, while heavily punishing the victims of bullying for fighting back.

That's life. The pathetic reality is that the reaction to awful actions is always judged more than the actions which caused the reaction.

If we were consistently a bunch of nasty disruptive little duckers we'd get loads more decisions in our favour.

Kicked from pillar to post all match? Sneakily elbowed in the face? Oh well that's just what you should expect against certain teams isn't it?.Go into the game doing to them exactly what they do to everyone else and you'll be down to 8 players after 30.minutes in every game.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

VAR is a good thing if it’s used properly 

But tonight I saw nothing wrong with both decisions ….actually thought the ref had a decent game 

Wayne’s little rant was unlike him and seemed like a culmination of many dissapointments off of the pitch maybe getting to him and who can blame him for that 

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

But then there's the Everton appeal for handball against Citeh, dismissed by VAR. 

And the PGMOLFCLETB or whatever they are called Appologised for their mistake to Everton and Lampard and said it should have been a penalty, VAR is here to stay...why, Because it gives the man in the middle a get out of jail free card...football is slowly inching toward the abyss imo, A game played by men in suits in offices, Referees who are incompetant or incontinant as most seem to be taking the piss with us.

The officiating in all EFL matches is very poor, I agree. However it’s not the officials that can’t put the ball into the back of the net. 
We’ve had some poor/very poor decisions given against us there’s no doubt about it, I’d venture that most others have too.

We are on a very poor run of form and must snap out of it starting Saturday, if we get anything less than 3 points I fear our season is toast ???

So come on Derby, we have to face facts, it’s on us to do better ??

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I do feel decisions go against us more often than not.

Yes. They have done. The EFL propagated the narrative that “Derby County have cheated” and part of the ripple effect is that “natural justice” of key decisions which go against us. It’s there in the ether. What can we do about it? Nothing. Except come back stronger. 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Exactly. So all VAR does is shift the decision from one incompetent judge to another, more remote, incompetent judge while slowing the game down.

It works far better in other sports - cricket, tennis, rugby - where there are natural breaks in play.

I like watching Rugby (union) but wouldn’t profess to fully understand all the rules but surely the only natural breaks in play are when points are scored or the ball goes out of play. So, pretty much the same as football. The only other time is when the ref is considering a penalty/possible infringement which aren’t natural breaks. I think the reason it works so much better in rugby union is because we, the TV viewers, can here the conversation and so there is no hiding place and decisions are explained. 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I like watching Rugby (union) but wouldn’t profess to fully understand all the rules but surely the only natural breaks in play are when points are scored or the ball goes out of play. So, pretty much the same as football. The only other time is when the ref is considering a penalty/possible infringement which aren’t natural breaks. I think the reason it works so much better in rugby union is because we, the TV viewers, can here the conversation and so there is no hiding place and decisions are explained. 

I think the fact that the (rugby) players are so much more respectful, don't argue and generally don't try and hoodwink the ref helps as well...

We cannot score and 99 times out off 100 it is a foul on Curtis and Wayne was doing two things afterwards. 

Venting his frustration and using the Sir Alex playbook of mind games... Further embedding the us against the authorities mindset and upping the scrutiny and pressure on the upcoming officials. 

Edited by Rambalin

Disappointing to see the Wayne rant, I thought the replay didn't show enough for the Festy foul. Putting aside everything happening off the pitch, we only have ourselves to blame for last night. Dominated possession all game and created 1 clear cut chance. Not good enough. We’re in a hole and the only way out is bravery (which we’re not short of) to get your head up and play the ball forward or run at your man at times. Too many occasions yesterday where Plange is through if we play it, we’re on the edge of the box and refuse to hit it or we’ve got a fullback/winger in a one-on-one and we’ve come backwards. Need to do better if we’re to stay up.

I didn't think the ref was that bad last night. Bar missing the most obvious foul in the world on Davies.

I didn't think it was a foul on Ebosele. There was a pass on inside but as per he dallied on it, lost the ball and rather desperately went down like he'd been shot.

Davies and their striker were both at it before the ball came in and he got the better of him.

We've lost the last 2 away games 1-0 and have had a combined 2 shots on targets in those games.

If you do that you won't win. 

We just aren't good enough.

9 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

1) Lowe getting a straight red against Luton for ‘touching the ref’ something you see players do week in week out

Same ref as last night. 

He also did the game vs Boro at home this season, misses obvious Uche elbow red card.

Refereed the game in EFL cup vs Preston last season where he gave Preston a penalty for heading the ball.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he has an agenda against us, after he was touched by Lowe

Whether there is or isn't a conspiracy (there isn't, they're just wildly inconsistent or incompetent), it does us no favours for Rooney to be openly questioning it in interviews imo. It doesn't reflect well and comes across as a bit desperate.

We lost last night because of a lack of magic and experience in our squad. We got into numerous good setups around their box, but almost always tried to take on one man too many, picked the wrong pass or missed good runs. You could see it in the frustration of Morrison and CKR when the likes of Ebosele and Plange got it wrong. That's part of having a team of inexperienced but talented youngsters though - they need space and time to make mistakes and learn from them.