A refereeing conspiracy?

IslandExile

I can’t provide any proof there is any conspiracy against Derby County and it’s too easy to slip in to that conspiracy theory given our position. 
what is evident though, is that refereeing standards have never been this poor and the only consistency is their continual ‘not being fit for purpose’ standard.
When you add Derby’s poor level of decision making, inability to make positive decisions when in attack, the slow laborious ‘build up play’, ease of losing possession and low ability in converting the few goal scoring chances we get - it just compounds the conspiracy theorists. 
We are where we are because we aren’t actually very good at the moment - even if we got out 21pt back  today, I still think we’d be looking over our shoulder and very much in a relegation fight, given our current form. 

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I've refereed and ran the line, I did a League Cup final at the Municipal Bowl in Derby in my mid 30s after hanging my football boots up, I know how difficult a job it can be, Especially when some players do not know the laws of the game.

It aint difficult if you keep in line with the defence when offside is concerned, You're not looking through a telescope, Peoples vision is more than good enough to see when a ball is played and when a player is forward of a defender.

Distractions can and do have an effect, When visiting family in Enfield we'd go and watch Barnet FC, You can touch the linesman, And the abuse they got made even me blush

I have also officiated in a few finals here in B.C. Canada.  When I took a referee assessing course we covered a FIFA ref doing a QPR (local team not the Brit one) v the Canadian National team.  The participants on the course were amazed at the verbal abuse / foul language allowed to happen from the players. Same story, one rule for the prima donnas and one for the amateur players.

17 minutes ago, MickD said:

I have also officiated in a few finals here in B.C. Canada.  When I took a referee assessing course we covered a FIFA ref doing a QPR (local team not the Brit one) v the Canadian National team.  The participants on the course were amazed at the verbal abuse / foul language allowed to happen from the players. Same story, one rule for the prima donnas and one for the amateur players.

Chilliwack...I'm pretty sure I know who you are, Father Fred, Mother Alice

Your picture on your home page has confirmed to me who you are ?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

I can totally understand Rooney's frustration, and his loss of composure in post match interviews. With everything that's happened since he took the job, it all seems to be heading slowly and painfully towards a sad and disappointing conclusion. Sure, things haven't gone our way recently, but our failure to take chances in front of goal is the main reason we haven't gained any points in the last three games. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

it  might be worth noting that when Graham Halsey wrote his book, he included that the Premier League used to "lean" on match officials to favour the bigger teams. This from one of the top referees of his day. Would Halsey dare to put this into print if he didn't have any evidence, without leaving himself wide open to litigation? And if the Premiership got up this sort of thing, why not the EFL, who are already soiled with all manner of dubious activities?

Someone has asked what benefit the referees get from complying. Well here is a rather obvious one: they get to keep "in" with the refereeing authorities, from whom the refs get their match appointments.

............and @DavesaRamhas posted...............and because we are not called Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd we really don't stand a chance, and we are not called Fulham or Bournemouth either. Unfortunately the big men in their big suits that sit at the big table, want to fit us along with Charlton and Ipswich, if we are lucky!

I just think the standard of refs is really poor throughout the leagues the one that really puzzled me was why we had the same ref for the forest game after he missed two blatant penalties in the first game dunno if this is normal dont really take much notice of who the ref is

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Officials didnt stand out today which is always a good sign, however not too many big decisions required but the only one that there was to be made the ref got it wrong

Well what was the red card one people are referring to? 

Also Plange was offside for the goal.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Was going to ask about our first goal and offside. Looked to me like Plange was offside when receiving the initial pass from Ravel, who was then himself offside for the return pass when he shot and scored ?

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Pass to Plange is marginal. Probably offside with VAR, but we shouldn’t complain to get the rub of the green.

@Jimbo Ram Ravel was behind Plange and the ball when he got played through so that’s not offside either.41A760AC-86FF-4596-BAB1-72B944CEA0DB.thumb.jpeg.c9d2ca8524de7807a3d0b07b8073253e.jpegFCE086CF-EDDA-4774-AFC4-26831BECE973.jpeg.aab446ead372a15c1340c6b42d4e3aa1.jpeg

14 minutes ago, roboto said:

Pass to Plange is marginal. Probably offside with VAR, but we shouldn’t complain to get the rub of the green.

@Jimbo Ram Ravel was behind Plange and the ball when he got played through so that’s not offside either.41A760AC-86FF-4596-BAB1-72B944CEA0DB.thumb.jpeg.c9d2ca8524de7807a3d0b07b8073253e.jpegFCE086CF-EDDA-4774-AFC4-26831BECE973.jpeg.aab446ead372a15c1340c6b42d4e3aa1.jpeg

I only saw the goals once, thanks for clearing things up. Nice to be on the right end of a marginal decision after Cardiff ?