Hull city (H) on Tuesday 8th February - matchday thread

B4ev6is

Well predicted 3-1. Wish I’d had a bet now!

Excellent performance. First time in a while we played with some real verve and swagger at times, alongside high energy and high intensity, we out ran them in the first 50-60 mins. Rooney won’t have been happy with some of our play at 3-0, we were pushing for the 4th and gave the ball away a lot lost control of the game and conceded a poor goal, then we regained some composure and saw out the game ok in the end. 

Can’t think of anyone who played badly. I really like Allsop in goal at the moment, he’s playing really well. Byrne was outstanding, Foz had a good 60 mins then iffy finish, Buchanan excellent at centre half Davies doing what he’s done all season. Lawrence excellent, Ebosele given MOM which I probably agree with, electric performance, Knight excellent, but Bird and Bielik make a huge difference in the middle of the park, thought the latter got better and better as the game went on before he started to tire. He gives us the platform to play. He’s vital. 

The fans were also amazing tonight. Special atmosphere. This season could be one of the most memorable in our history. The great escape is on!

Unbelievable game, so glad to be there.

The Brum game we missed, stuck on a broken-down bus. 

Caught the train this time, just to be on the safe side.

It none too promptly dropped us off in the middle of fookin nowhere 5 minutes after the Derby connection had left the station, with the next train due at 8pm!

So, a big shout out to a cracking lad called Archie, who let us jump in his taxi so we could make kick off, just about!

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Bielik allows Bird to get forward much more..his shooting is a bit hit and miss but his passing is a weapon..also love the way they cover each other when one roams forward..very good reading of each others game.

When we've had any two of Bird, Tommo, Knight or Shinnie in midfield, they've taken up wide positions to allow the full backs to push up. I found it interesting this evening how the shape differed with Bielik in there. He took up a very central position, Bird usually pushed up a bit further, with Byrne almost positioned as a CM

I thought the first 10-15 minutes Hull looked like they were causing us more problems than we were them. Their movement was dragging our defence around and we looked a tad lethargic at times. But goals change games and as soon as we scored our first we took control of the game. It ended up a well deserved and for once a comfortable victory. The great escape appears to be on especially if reading and peterborough mess up their games in hand again. Somehow we might just claw our way out of this. 

Edited by Leeds Ram