Hull city (H) on Tuesday 8th February - matchday thread

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Been pondering this post. Is "big bag" some sort of euphemism I was previously unaware of?

Or do you mean a swag bag so I can half inch the Ram off its plinth at the Company of Clothworkers? They do seem to treasure it, so it's even on their "about" page: https://www.clothworkers.co.uk/about/about-us/#

And maybe it's some reference to Jason and the Argonauts and the Golden Fleece? Did Jason swipe the fleece in some sort of special bag?

Or am I thinking too much about a post on a football forum!?

I would never comment on someone's bag, big or otherwise. Forgot the usual review of post required in case anyone picks up a smutty angle or starts a pun thread! You are definitely overthinking it in a happy haze from last night's match. You just need one of these - will be really subtle. That golden ram is the key to our survival - like the sugared mice in Fever Pitch. Your link took me down a rabbit warren I really didnt have time for today. Love the history of those old city companies. Anyway he is called Cedric and I dont think they would miss him. Lots of other rams there- its our spiritual home

00411BDE-A037-4F46-9A78-F0AF265914DC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ramrob said:

Sorry, didn't know your name on here! ?

You won't forget the game last night for while, and not just for footballing reasons ?

Hope your nose isn't too painful.

COYR

No worries, I was only joking.

Nose has finally stopped bleeding, been getting dogs abuse from all and sundry!

?

4 hours ago, Jortat said:

Where abouts are you from in Suffolk? I’m from Haverhill in Suffolk but I stayed over ar a travel lodge and I’m just about to leave for home for the drive home. Around 2 1/2 hours 

Three of us went from Holbrook, Tattingstone and Bentley so all neighbouring villages just outside Ipswich. The A14 improvements have cut the journey time down a bit.

20 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Absolutely no idea!  ?

Born that year?  Your age now?  The number of goals you let in for the school footy team?  The record number of times we made love in any given weekend?    ?‍♂️

thought you liked a cryptic clue try rj

38 minutes ago, silverback said:

thought you liked a cryptic clue try rj

Yeah.  The Sun Cryptic, not the bloody Times!  ?

Seriously, I don't think you fully appreciate just how annoyed I'm getting.  I swear, I will work it out, and I will hunt you down!

??

#needmoreclues

PS: Don't worry about going off topic... The Hull game is so yesterday!... and this is personal!  ?

Well we stayed in the South Stand for 10 minutes or so after the final whistle to applaud the players, aand just chill fater such a great night. EEven walking out of the ground I havn't known such a happy atmosphere after  match since the play-off semi against Brighton! I've being watching DCFC since 1973, and can't think of abetter time to be a Ram!

The stats said it was a fairly even game, with one set saying that Hull had moe possession, but apart from the opening 10 minutes, and a cople of spells in the second half, there was only one team threatening to do the business. Ebosele was obvious as MOM, and that was clear even before he scored. Yes his maurauding runs scared the life out of the Hull defence, but he made some tremendous tackles and dispossessions in defence as well. He produced some good crosses and passes and has finally hit the net. Just how many of our players have madeprogress this year? It seems that Rooney and Rosenior have got most of them playing way better than we have ever seen before - Captain Tom  being a great example. It is getting that 1 game out of every 7 he is as good as he is in the other 6!  I could go through the whole squad like this. Admittedly it wouldn 't take long, thanks to the EFL,Brilliant coaching!

A key part to us ccongrolling so much of the game was overcoming the itnial flurry from Hull then pressing and harrying all over the pitch, for the entire 90 minutes. And did you see Luke Plange's double nutmeg, played behind himself while he scurried around the two defnders to pick the ball back up again? Brilliant. That's not Rooney, it is natural talent. And Ebew???? new guy but those defenders by threading the ball along the goal lineand running past them because they weren't expecting anything like it! Probably the wrong thing to do when we were holding the abll in the corner to run the clock down. But the lad has got talent, so why the hell not! Som of our past managers would have him playing it back to Allsop from there!

ANd here we go - you kno you've been waiting for it! Some on here reckon the ref was ok tonight. He was, in thaat he wasn't as bad as the troach we've had dished up for the past few months, but he let so much go, yet booked Beilik when a hull player fell over with absolutely no contact. Their number 10 should have been off the pitch by half-time because he spent the entire match kicking lumps of flesh out of the Rams, and only got carded for taking Max Bird out late in the second half. Yet Max only committed his first foul in time added on, but it was an instant yellow. Come on, EFL, no agenda against us?

But the officals were irrelevant with what happened on the pitch. And another lasting memory was the video of the afterr match interview with the grinning Wayne Rooney. Its the happiest he's looked since getting here. Long may it continue!