Hull city (H) on Tuesday 8th February - matchday thread

B4ev6is

Fantastic tonight. Buchanan won every header early on. He looked good at centre back. Fozzy despite his frustrating moments is an asset and scored a great goal. Amazing he’s come back from his injuries. Allsop looks confident. Byrne and Ebosele has nice link up play. Ebosele is amazing. Bielik has so much composure. Fantastic player. Everyone else great as well. Lawrence Bird Knight Davies Plange. Subs. Whole team. Fans excellent. Almost everyone stays until the end these days. Rooney excellent - Choice of centre back partnership and tactics. Some lovely anti Gibson chants too. Great evening! 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

That is great. Just a shame that the only point Reading got in 9 weeks was a draw against us. If we'd won that then we'd now be out of the bottom 3, but it won't matter at the end of the season. WE'RE STAYING UP!

imagine if we hadn't got them 2 last minute goals and a draw though, we'd be a lot worse off!

Lawrence was so hard working,  really noticeable how much he tracked back and scored a goal maybe only he would have done.

Fozzy was a rock for most of the game and Byrne suddenly looked reborn what a game he had.

Knight just never stopped working unbelievable engine, Bird and Bielik were classy, solid and safe. Allsop looked great too...Buchanan didn't put a foot wrong and Davies is so good at set pieces and generally mopping up. Ebosele is top class player, set for the top.

Well worth our victory.  Plange was chasing shadows at times but by the end he was making a nuisance of himself. 

We just looked hungrier, busier, fitter and more interested. Energy levels were frightening. Great performance. 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

never a card but Bielik gets a yellow

What was it with that ref ! Appallingly inconsistent with the yellows. Bielik’s wasn’t even a foul. Yet when Festy ran back, got the ball and was then tripped as he broke away - nasty dirty challenge  .. zilch ! Toms early break in the first half .. firm outstretched hand shoved him in the back .. nothing ! Fuming ! East stand Lino doesn’t know the offside rule either. 

Anyway .. brilliant performance. Bieliks presence, passing and ability to win the second ball was so influential. We created so many opportunities in the first half. Their goal gave them a temporary lift but we out played them in every area of the field. Allsops early save was fantastic .. one of those that shapes a game. It was the blip of the throttle we needed to clear the carbs? We  looked more skilful and were seriously entertaining. Loved to see Festy and Byrne overlapping, Lawrence chasing back and winning balls. Fozzy’s header was a classic. Wasn’t Buchanan a good fit ? Jason knight has one of those things in his chest like iron man I reckon. Fans were ace again .. I’m loving the deep rumble of Allez allez allez allez you could feel it in your feet. 

Agent Martin .. we have a a little job for you tomorrow 

Edited by jono

It's starting to look like we have a good chance of safety at this stage, don't want to over expect but it's looking very doable especially if we can get a win vs Peterborough.

Would be nice to beat Boro now on Saturday and get back to back wins but tbh I'd take a point as its hard game and even a loss although its them wouldn't hurt our survival chances that badly.

Before today I thought we needed 6 points from the next 3 really and I'd still take that even though more might be possible. 

Tbh even when we were 20 points adrift of safety I still thought survival was possible as long as we had a good Christmas, we had a really good December after the Bristol City loss when we hit our rock bottom and through pure fight and a slightly more aggressive and direct style, things have changed since Blackpool at home. That was also the first start for Plange I think and although he didn't score tonight I think his pace, key goals and all round play have helped us. 

And as much as Shinnie was good for us this season, with Bielik coming back as long as he stays fit until the end of the season I don't think we will miss him too much really. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

3 hours ago, silverback said:

ey up mucker mi duck

see if u can guess who this is ?????

71 is the clue.........

Absolutely no idea!  ?

Born that year?  Your age now?  The number of goals you let in for the school footy team?  The record number of times we made love in any given weekend?    ?‍♂️